39. Grimes - Miss Anthropocene

38. Zora Jones - Ten Billion Angels

37. Bladee - 333

36. Rina Sawayama - Sawayama

35. Kali Uchis - Sin miedo (del amor y otros demonios) ∞

34. Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist - Alfredo

33. YUKIKA - Soul Lady

32. Westside Gunn - Who Made the Sunshine

31. Liv.e - Couldn't Wait to Tell You...

30. Ka - Descendants of Cain

29. Bree Runway - 2000And4Eva

28. La Zowi - Élite

27. 21 Savage & Metro Boomin - Savage Mode II

26. Sault - Untitled (Rise)

25. Bad Bunny - YHLQMDLG

24. King Krule - Man Alive!

23. Jónsi - Shiver

22. Lianne La Havas - Lianne La Havas

21. The Avalanches - We Will Always Love You

20. Boris ボリス - No

19. Róisín Murphy - Róisín Machine

18. KeiyaA - Forever, Ya Girl

17. Lil Uzi Vert - Eternal Atake (Deluxe): LUV vs. the World 2

16. Lil Uzi Vert - Eternal Atake

15. Yves Tumor - Heaven to a Tortured Mind

14. Fiona Apple - Fetch the Bolt Cutters

13. Run the Jewels - RTJ4

12. Against All Logic - 2017 - 2019

11. The Weeknd - After Hours

10. Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

9. Oneohtrix Point Never - Magic Oneohtrix Point Never

8. Billy Woods & Moor Mother - Brass

7. Armand Hammer (Billy Woods & ELUCID) - Shrines

6. Arca - KiCK i

5. A. G. Cook - 7G

4. Playboi Carti - Whole Lotta Red

3. Pink Siifu - Negro

2. Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?

1. Charli XCX - how i'm feeling now

@World Eater @pearlmercury @mokitsu @Mr. Blue_Shirt @TRF. @Pink Matter @Sunderland 4ever @TheWayWeWere @Madame X @Insanity @Tom Vercetti

@Ewan Chaos @pinknblue @Wicked @Lazuli @minho

Thanks all who tuned in this year :party:

I'll also post a favorite songs playlist on Spotify / RYM (where i am trying to practice some ranking and writing)

the laziness... this is what happens when you're not an intellectual and don't plan ahead (= dump everything at once)

sUp5N1V.gif

gonna ignore the 2019 lists (SORRY) but it's really nice to see The Comet Is Coming get some love here and I respect your soty choice

moving on to last year (and your hms (or maybe not anymore (?))) with my selected ambient comments 20-21 so bear with me

The Liz was a serve although it kind of came and went huh

I know you wanted me to listen to Westside Gunn but he's too prolific so give me either a good starting point or recommend me some essential tracks

idk Mr. Exquire's newer releases but that 2011 album is pretty underrated especially if you enjoy the hype blog-core hip hop from that era and The Last Huzzah! is a stone cold classic (also I just found out the video (?) got removed from YT, the NERVE)

I wish Ava had embraced her pop persona more because I feel like there's sort of a disconnection between her music and some of her decisions lmao, there's really nothing wrong with making shameless pop music and the album concept for that matter felt extremely forced and quite shallow. that said, some of the singles were just soooo good and Naked is an excellent song at its core

Ded Side B and Less Is Moor were p good but I haven't listened to either that much

tricot seem really interesting but their discography really scares me... do I have the time and patience? we'll find out soon

0mp2UHM.gif

On 12/23/2020 at 5:52 AM, Claw said:

Turns out it's basically a Watch the Throne-style Jay Z collaborative effort.

and we love to see it. no clue what was he up to in the last few years but this was my fav post-4:44 thing he's worked on

I still think that Moses' label was just testing the waters with græ's release strategy, we haven't really seen a big indie label pull that in the streaming era

some of these have been on my watchlist, Zora and Ka seem particularly interesting, I'm yet to hear new Salem, I'm basically two projects away from that Moor Mother/Billy Woods album and I've been thinking of finally checking out Bladee but feel free to give any other recommendations

three Jaar projects... brave. on that note tho I just KNOW the new Darkside album is gonna deliver

anyways, many great albums on the list, top 10 is very on brand and really strong at the same time and I can def get behind putting WLR so high

and lastly... waiting for a proper song list or at least a playlist to start some digging

I also saw the WE-core section on that one playlist and there are NOWORDS

cpkNs5j.gif

Glad you at least dumped your albums list :clap3: The albums that I've listened to on your list range from good, to great, to excellent!

Downloaded the Pink Siifu and Oneohtrix albums (and was about to download A.G. Cook's album but it was 49 songs long and over 2 hours sUp5N1V.gif)

The audience still needs you to finish the songs list

girly evil — Brandy's reaction to her album being given out for...

• ATRL Moderator

wow im just SOOOOO shocked at your #1!  of course youre the hbic charli stan and you're gonna stan one of her best albums.

glad you got into pink siifu's album, i'd like to take the credit for that?  roisin machine, whats your pleasure, rtj4, soul lady all being there touches my soul.  im also glad you posted zora jones becuase well now i stan her.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.