H100: Life Goes On #1, Monster #8

Renan90

7 hours ago, DRod93 said:

I don't think everyone is attacking BTS specifically. As someone replied to me, it is true that people on ATRL haven't just been calling this #1 as a fraud. They are right that people shared similar opinions when talking about Stuck With U, Trollz or the two Travis Scott #1's this year.

I don't think that no one knows BTS, but I do think they're at the same level of fame as One Direction. Where most people know of them and have heard the name, but may probably only know their biggest hit. I also don't want to sound mean, but getting 2M likes doesn't really mean most people know you. It's just a good way seeing what's the size of your fanbase, which at this point, we all know that BTS has a big fanbase that's also very dedicated.

lbr no one from the GeePee would actually check for any BTS song.

BLACKPINK on the other hand... :fan:

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Kyoto

• drmkng

• EnoughSaid

7 hours ago, Jaffery said:

the streams alone would make it much stronger than BTS in my opinion. I think they could do 10-12m global and 4-5m+ us with a lead single. they got like 60m streams for a lame anniversary. The hype of a 1d comeback lead single after 5+ years would be absolutely Undeniably insane, especially with how big Harry has gotten as well. 

Harry has become a force of his own too. If they came back together, they'd have pure sales and streaming + all the OBTSH (the GP) behind their backs :jonny5:

42 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

lbr no one from the GeePee would actually check for any BTS song.

BLACKPINK on the other hand... :fan:

keep dreaming GeePee would check BP,

Lovesick Girls and Ice cream bombed everywhere :ahh:

Will Mariah be starting and ending the year with the same #1 song? That must be a record if she does

Debuts this week:

#1 "Life Goes On" - BTS

#8 "Monster" - Shawn Mendes & Justin Bieber

#12 "Body" - Megan Thee Stallion

#13 "Blue & Grey" - BTS

#22 "Stay" - BTS

#25 "Somebody's Problem" - Morgan Wallen

#46 "Still Goin Down" - Morgan Wallen

#54 "Prisoner" - Miley Cyrus (feat. Dua Lipa)

#69 "Fly To My Room" - BTS

#70 "Telepathy" - BTS

#71 "Cry Baby" - Megan Thee Stallion (feat. DaBaby)

#72 "Dis-ease" - BTS

#80 "Girls In The Hood" - Megan Thee Stallion [RE]

#82 "Shots Fired" - Megan Thee Stallion

#83 "Livin' The Dream" - Morgan Wallen

#86 "Pain Away" - Meek Mill (feat. Lil Durk)

#92 "Do It On The Tip" - Megan Thee Stallion (feat. City Girls)

#94 "Circles" - Megan Thee Stallion

#97 "BICHOTA" - Karol G

#99 "Cover Me Up" - Morgan Wallen

9 hours ago, MusicTalker said:

This year's #1 list is gonna age like milk lmao

This. WAP is the only one I can see standing the test of time tbh

9 hours ago, EnoughSaid said:

Will Mariah be starting and ending the year with the same #1 song? That must be a record if she does

There is a part of me that thinks Ms Brenda Lee might snatch a #1 this year as well but it will be a fun Christmas battle for #1

1 hour ago, genetic fail said:

This. WAP is the only one I can see standing the test of time tbh

The only #1s from this year I see being loved years from now at large are The Box, Blinding Lights, Rockstar & WAP. I can’t remember much else but let me know if I forgot an obvious one. 

10 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

There is a part of me that thinks Ms Brenda Lee might snatch a #1 this year as well but it will be a fun Christmas battle for #1

I don't think so. Mariah will always have the YouTube/Spotify advantage this season I believe but Ms Brenda will surely get to #2

51 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

The only #1s from this year I see being loved years from now at large are The Box, Blinding Lights, Rockstar & WAP. I can’t remember much else but let me know if I forgot an obvious one. 

This is not true.

1 hour ago, dussymob said:

This is not true.

Blidning Lights already a classic tbf

1 minute ago, Mr.Fenty said:

I think he's saying there's more songs missing lol

11 hours ago, MAXIMO said:

Their fans can probably make any song #1 on Hot 100. :bibliahh:

Pop girls ain’t safe no more

53 minutes ago, Mr.Fenty said:

That’s not the only good songs is what I’m saying.

1 hour ago, dussymob said:

That’s not the only good songs is what I’m saying.

There’s some other ones I really love too, the 4 i mentioned I think will be the most instantly recognized #1s of 2020 years from now, but doesn’t mean the others will be completely forgotten either. But yeah you’re right, my list is very up for interpretation. 

My fave #1 this year isn’t even one I listed and should’ve ended up even bigger than it was: Rain On Me

How did Life Goes On debut at #11 on the Rolling Stone chart (sales and streaming only) but #1 on the Hot 100 when it had almost no airplay?

14 hours ago, EnoughSaid said:

Yes and in 2-3 year she's snatching lil nas's song and reclaiming her time:gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, Protocol said:

How did Life Goes On debut at #11 on the Rolling Stone chart (sales and streaming only) but #1 on the Hot 100 when it had almost no airplay?

Rolling Stone doesn't count YouTube streams and Direct To Consumer sales from their website, while Billboard does. 

2 minutes ago, Hector said:

Rolling Stone doesn't count YouTube streams and Direct To Consumer sales from their website, while Billboard does. 

Thanks, I didn't know that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.