H100: Life Goes On #1, Monster #8

Renan90

Can Billboard stop counting website sales and put less weight on discounted songs? They have to realize how embarassing their system is now 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Kyoto

• drmkng

• EnoughSaid

18 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

This must be the most uneventful #1 ever.

#400 Apple Music

#78 Spotify

#24 iTunes

NC Radio

Serving next level fraud,at least the song is a smash to their fans .

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

T2-out of t10 this year:

the scotts

stuck with u

trollz

franchise

forever after all

therefore i am

The new BEP.

Billie will be back. So you better start a list of T2-OUT-Back Top10.

33 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

Oh their website sales will always pull through.. :eli: 

Probably. They will be at least in the top 15

Nicki will keep her record

20 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

#400 Apple Music

#78 Spotify

#24 iTunes

NC Radio

:rip:

16 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

#400 Apple Music

#78 Spotify

#24 iTunes

NC Radio

A bunch of cons.

I don't think it's really a fraud, it's just their fans know how to best play the system. However, it's not just theirs. It's been a current thing for most artists to be more forthcoming about wanting/needing their fans to stream/buy just so that they can get a #1. However, it is remarkable that they were able to do it when One Direction and Directioners never were able (even when they had the advantage thanks to having English songs). 

I guess I am just wondering now if it's really a win for Kpop (or any Korean artist) as a whole, instead of just BTS having a massive unique fanbase that doesn't translate to a whole movement. I know Blackpink were also recently able to do well, but it goes for them as well. Even though the media keeps hyping the whole BTS phenomenon as a Kpop phenomenon, it's really starting to feel more like a simple "boyband" phenomenon. Which, I mean, great for them and their fans. They know how to get what they want.

Plus, I don't get this whole "fraud #1" when A LOT of the number ones this year got there through murky methods. There should be a talk about making the charts more representative of what most people listen to, but I feel like most people are only screaming fraud because it's BTS.

The way people in here don’t understand the actual definition of fraud. Stay seething. 

4 minutes ago, exists said:

Can Billboard stop counting website sales and put less weight on discounted songs? They have to realize how embarassing their system is now 

They're getting the clicks that they need from their fans, so... :eli: 

It also earned 410,000 radio airplay audience impressions in the week ending Nov. 29 (with KJYO Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, the lone reporter to play it double-digit times: 13).

:skull: 

The least known #1 song of all time :deadbanana: I'm embarrassed that the 'American breakthrough' of kpop is just a cult mass buying boring music. T-ARA deserved 

Congrats BTS. 

I don’t understand what they’re saying but i love that song :heart2:

25 minutes ago, drmkng said:

in 3 months, 3 number singles

They broke so many records!!!! Read that billboard long article lol

Kings!!!!

and atrl continues fumes :bibliahh: rm and friends did that :clap3:

Don't get the appeal

Dynamite (which is #3 after 3 months) had great stats but y'all dragged that one, too. Life Goes On had bad playlisting, only 160 spins or sth on radio :rip: ofc it relies on the fans. If they can buy it, why wouldn't they buy it.

BTS continues to stomp and break records. Fans continue to receive quality content constantly. Y'all are fuming. This is nice.

Ariana still smashing

NsfSSjn.gif

That's all I care about, congrats to BTS and their website sales pulling through I guess

NsfSSjn.gif

probably the most forgettable #1 in history but congrats to them. It's still an achievement :clap3: 

33 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

The way that Mendes-Bieber barely debuted top10 (in a year in which you only need a couple of cheap tactics to debut #1) is a win to me.

the fact that justin's song holy is still higher than shawn's 2nd single is a win to me.no one can save shawn this time.thank you justin for helping shawn to have a top 10 hit this year

Edited by sakisfan16

15 minutes ago, DRod93 said:

I don't think it's really a fraud, it's just their fans know how to best play the system. However, it's not just theirs. It's been a current thing for most artists to be more forthcoming about wanting/needing their fans to stream/buy just so that they can get a #1. However, it is remarkable that they were able to do it when One Direction and Directioners never were able (even when they had the advantage thanks to having English songs). 

I guess I am just wondering now if it's really a win for Kpop (or any Korean artist) as a whole, instead of just BTS having a massive unique fanbase that doesn't translate to a whole movement. I know Blackpink were also recently able to do well, but it goes for them as well. Even though the media keeps hyping the whole BTS phenomenon as a Kpop phenomenon, it's really starting to feel more like a simple "boyband" phenomenon. Which, I mean, great for them and their fans. They know how to get what they want.

Plus, I don't get this whole "fraud #1" when A LOT of the number ones this year got there through murky methods. There should be a talk about making the charts more representative of what most people listen to, but I feel like most people are only screaming fraud because it's BTS.

For 1D it was hard, they had the massive sales but there was always another song having massive sales too. BTS excellent in sales when there's not many standing out in that field at all. Also they shoot themselves in the foot many times with messy release schedules, like Drag Me Down would've debuted #1 had it been released at the start of the tracking week.

25 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

You better get your kiis now, cause monster will serve a top 10-top40 next week.

Monster (Shawn Mendes & Justin Bieber) by Shawn Mendes 530,118

Shawn Mendes flopping this year is so unexpected to me :skull: 

But I'm so glad. Island Records deserves this for treating my girl like **** and saving all the payola and promo for Shawn instead. 

44 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

#400 Apple Music

#78 Spotify

#24 iTunes

NC Radio

WTF:bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.