Psycho's Best Of 2020 | FINISHED!

Psycho

Hey hey Ooh La La! Talent

Supernova at first I was like "this is good but there's much better on the album" and I saw this twitter video of all things and then started stanning more and more :priceless: 

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psycho

• BlackoutZone

• mokitsu

• Alex

how i'm feeling now :jonny5: love your favourites too

ooh la la is towards the bottom on wyp? yet it's SO good, really speaks about how good the album is ugh

supernova and love i'm given :heart2: 

only love is so boring and how DARE you compare it to 1989

do it, rain on me, mirrorball :heart: 

i thought little mix was OVER but sweet melody really saved them tbh

#8 Album and #80-71 Songs now x

MPDr7Yf.gif

23 hours ago, jpow said:

The 1-2-3 punch of Ooh La La, Supernova, and Love I'm Given. :clap3: All three are in the top three songs of their respective albums IMO 

Taste :clap3:

23 hours ago, Staryu said:

Wow your taste :clap3: I use all of those songs except mirrorball :eli: 

Excellent taste :clap3:

Staryu

23 hours ago, mokitsu said:

agree with your hifn description, it really grew on me over these past months :clap3:

all 10 songs are good, but do it should be top 10

U2WzwYR.gif

U2WzwYR.gif

22 hours ago, 1998tweety said:

Bops on bops! Supernova was one of my favs on Disco (along with Real Groove who better be making an appearance later x). Do It was a serve, Susie Save Your Love was another fav from the album, and as always its nice to see Katy get some love for once. I've always been a fan of Little Mix but whew these singles have been killer. I've had all 3 of them on repeat, glad to see Sweet Melody smashing in the UK. :clap3:Rain On Me is...cute. She def aged a bit but at least it still bops.

It won't be x

U2WzwYR.gif

21 hours ago, Enigmanotta said:

I didn't expect hifn to sneak into your top 10. All bops sans Sweet Melody!

oN6ClXJ.gif

Taste, I suppose

oN6ClXJ.gif

21 hours ago, Supervillain said:

HIFN top 9 :bibliahh: Supernova, Love I'm Given, I Love It and ROM are way too low yikes!

insta004.thumb.gif.35f70f122d61874475636

insta004.thumb.gif.35f70f122d61874475636

21 hours ago, Madame X said:

so glad peple are feeling HIFN, i remember the ngative reaction when it came out and i was SHOCKED.  its an improvement from charli let's just say that.

ooh la la :smitten: and i actually think i love it is stronger than magic/say something.... i cant be the only one! 

Agreed on HIFN :clap3: It's just too mature for certain people..

Supervillain

20 hours ago, Post Malone said:

The amount of BOPS here

Mirrorball classic and top 3 on the album (with august AND seven, fume)

ROM deserved higher 

I Love IT and Supernova her serves

Only Love masterpiece

Spilled except for Seven stanning

Post Malone

20 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

I don't like Sweet Melody chorus and Only Love kinda cringe, but the other choices are flawless :jonny: One will be on my list too maybe :keir:

Fair, king of taste

BlackoutZone

19 hours ago, Hug said:

Supernova is excellent. I'm surprised it had to grow because for me it was instant and it remains my favorite on that album.

I'm glad someone likes HIFN, it goes to show that there's fans for all types of audio. ♥

Hug

19 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

HIFN finally getting some praise :fan: we love that :fan:

ROM is too low :fan: 

I Love It was good, but I'm glad she chooses Real Groove as 3rd single

Love I'm Giving and Do It :clap3: 

Only Love is one of my favorites from Smile :jonny:  and I liked only few tracks from it :eli: 

All of this :clap3:

19 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Whew how I'm feeling now is that god damn album! No one is doing it like her!

No it's true it's true!

18 hours ago, JGibson said:

Rain On Me + Only Love + Love I'm Given :jamming:

Big Bops :jamming:

18 hours ago, luckystrike said:

Supernova way too low :biblio: hifn over folklore :biblio: Only Love and Sweet Melody were snuck in I think :fan: but the rest are deserved! maybe Do It is too low too 

Taste bestie

2eiWxZF.gif

17 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

HIFN yup yup, the way i think i forgot only love from my top 100 omg.... i love that song 

Same :weeps:

17 hours ago, hjelp said:

big bops

py4EXIM.thumb.jpg.a1294403af092c73ab30e0a4e633e85a.jpg

12 hours ago, Legend E said:

charli :bibliahh: 

okay i think i like/love all the songs this update. maybe you do have some taste!

Like I said, HIFN is too mature for certain people!

py4EXIM.thumb.jpg.a1294403af092c73ab30e0a4e633e85a.jpg

11 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Charli :clap3: 

Heard Save Your Love on ASC and honestly it's eh. I don't think ROM is great but it had potential. 

Fair :clap3:

10 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Hey hey Ooh La La! Talent

Supernova at first I was like "this is good but there's much better on the album" and I saw this twitter video of all things and then started stanning more and more :priceless: 

That video :bibliahh:the Haim choreo is so iconic

MPDr7Yf.gif

3 hours ago, Lazuli said:

how i'm feeling now :jonny5: love your favourites too

ooh la la is towards the bottom on wyp? yet it's SO good, really speaks about how good the album is ugh

supernova and love i'm given :heart2: 

only love is so boring and how DARE you compare it to 1989

do it, rain on me, mirrorball :heart: 

i thought little mix was OVER but sweet melody really saved them tbh

The way it smashed out of nowhere (in the UK) :soda:

nQSNx9x.png

#8. HAIM - Women In Music Pt. III

HAIM - Women in Music Pt. III Lyrics and Tracklist | Genius

Favorites: Hallelujah, I Know Alone, Summer Girl

I've been a fan of HAIM since 2015, so I adore Days Are Gone and loved Something To Tell You (despite popular opinion). This is my least favorite album of theirs. I love or have grown to love all the singles, but the album tracks are kind of subpar. I can see why it would be someone's favorite album of theirs though and it deserves its AOTY Grammy nom (which DAG and STTY also deserved). I played it a good amount throughout the year and I still stan them so that's why it's here. P.S. the first three singles did not deserve to be demoted to "Bonus Tracks" :biblio:

0emMGil.png

#80. Dagny - Somebody

If there's one thing Dagny's gonna do it's serve a solid synth-bop :katie2:

#79. Kylie Minogue - Celebrate You

This song is so cute and instantly puts me in a good mood:celestial4:

#78. Dua Lipa - Hallucinate

An undeniable bop, but a tad overrated :mandown: Levitating stans won, in the end :fan:

#77. Aly & AJ - Joan of Arc on the Dance Floor

Such an electrifying song :katie2:one of the most genuinely 80s sounding songs released this year.

#76. Grimes - Delete Forever

This aged a tad (the mixing is messy, on purpose maybe??) and her voice can get annoying too. But the melody is really nice and it's easily the best song on Miss Anthropocene. Reminds me of a certain Halsey song...

#75. Katy Perry - Cry About It Later

The production on this song is great :katie2: I don't know how people can hate Smile so much when it has huge bops like this (it also doesn't have 2013 Kygo drops unlike a certain album by one of her peers...)

#74. HAIM - The Steps

This one definitely was a grower. But whew, what a rock anthem :katie2:

#73. Rina Sawayama - Comme des Garçons (Like the Boys)

This would have been much higher on my list but it kinda aged, anything that came out before March feels ancient at this point. I can't believe this came out in 2020... But anyway, a bop.

#72. Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

This is great, my only complaint is that the chorus feels overproduced and there's too much going on at times. Otherwise, a beautiful song :clap3:

#71. Romy - Lifetime

I have my besties @mokitsu and @hjelp to thank for helping me discover this hymn. It's basically a Robyn song :clap3:

1 minute ago, Psycho said:

Levitating stans won, in the end :fan:

Hallu remains the best. :fish2:

2 minutes ago, prézli said:

Hallu remains the best. :fish2:

The best at bombing perhaps. Levitating (Up The Charts) can't relate

8cPeZet.png

WIMPIII great album, good to see in it the top 10 :clap3:

all 10 songs are great too :clap3: yes romy yes bops

• ATRL Moderator

Oh wow at this update :jonny4:

Hallucinate, CDG, Lifetime truly dance excellence 

JOAOTDF is one of the best sings of the entire year.  I wish Aly & AJ would stick with that sound more for their upcoming releases instead of going all Miley Malibu on us :rip: 

Wow another update where I know and like all the songs except 1 :alexz: idk the Romy song but maybe i'll give it a listen 

Comme Des Garcons too low :jonny5:

Romy’s Lifetime :heart: 

1 hour ago, Psycho said:

I don't know how people can hate Smile so much when it has huge bops like this

SPILL, CAIL is a massive serve, totally should've been a single. Lowkey Commes des Garcons did age a bit huh...still bops though. Nice to see indie pop queen Dagny getting the respect she deserves. :clap3:

Hallahcinate :clap3:

Honestly all these songs are REALLY good outside of Joan which I still hate and The Steps which is really low in my ranking of WIMP :fan: 

• ATRL Moderator

i think what made me sour on the haim album is that now im in it and summer girl are SO GOOD.  like, classic songs to me.  and then you relegate them to bonus tracks and go down a diff direction? :biblio: 

omg yes, delete forever and joan of arc on the dance floor.  a bit low aren't they?

Joan of Arc on the Dance Floor + The Steps :heart2: 

I like STTTLY as well :jonny: but Women in Music is masterpiece :jonny: 

Delete Forever is one of my favorite Grimes song tbh :jonny:

Celebrate You is amazing closing track to DISCO :jonny: 

YAS HAIM! Their album took a bit to get into I admit, but now I love it even if the vynil is taking forever to arrive

And glad u liked Lifetime :allears: 

• ATRL Moderator

Like I said, HIFN is too mature for certain people!

it's literally just noise sister

legends in music too low

celebrate you is my fave album track from Discosus, hallucinate, joan of arc, the steps, brightest blue, cry about it later :clap3: 

I find the HAIM album both overrated and underrated... I have no idea how to explain it. I GUESS I think it is getting way too much praise, but the people who don't like it are also kinda doing the most. Oh also, I literally block out "bonus tracks" whenever I play them from the album nnn they CLEARLY are meant to be part of the full record since Summer Girl swings RIGHT back into Los Angeles. Clearly intentional.

Celebrate You! Lovely pick; makes me a little emotional when I dance and enjoy it.

MPDr7Yf.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.