mokis best of 2020 | FINAL update - AOTY/SOTY revealed !

mokitsu

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mokitsu

• madonnas

• Alex

• Psycho

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

Some really strong albums in your honorable mentions!  Christine should have made the final list :emofish:

I recognize many Nicolas Jaar, Laura Marling and Park Hye Jin. How Can I was a fine EP.

• ATRL Moderator

jaguar and rtj deserved more of your time!

that being said most of it is stuff i enjoyed, but dont care too much about.

except the nicolas jaar album, kinda hated it sorry!

Jaguar & Bare with me didn't make it? :emofish:

• ATRL Moderator

the EPs tho...... only recognize a couple.  what genres?

16 minutes ago, Madame X said:

jaguar and rtj deserved more of your time!

that being said most of it is stuff i enjoyed, but dont care too much about.

except the nicolas jaar album, kinda hated it sorry!

nicolas and laura marling were thiiiiiiiiis close to making it tbh. only "holy calama****" stuck with me throughout the year from RTJ but yeah i guess i should come back to it because i only played it in full 3 or 4 times

5 minutes ago, Madame X said:

the EPs tho...... only recognize a couple.  what genres?

most of it is r&b and kpop, little simz hip hop, i think u know park hye jin and orville is "country". they're all great tbh i was going to write about all of them but i figured it'd be too much :dies:

i dont know if you know shay lia, but i highly recommend! her 2019 ep turned album was better tho, it has that 90s r&b vibe i love

Don't really care for this section so I'm gonna go back a bit

Cape God was nice enough for me, it had Sarah Come Home which is a career highlight for Allie imo, Positions was better than I expected cause I thought it would be an unbearable mess yet it had some great songs in the end, Smile was also enjoyable for me. Miss Anthropocene aged tragically, I liked it at first but then it became unlistenable, Fiona can choke x

0ARpelP.gif

These honorable mentions :jonny5:

Loved Kali’s EP even if she didn’t make my list.

sepentwithfeet was disappointing imo 

Love the Raveena stanning 

I've said this b4 but I May Destroy You is the most i've felt incomfortable in terms of binge watching experience in quite a while! Phenomenal show :worship:

nice honourable mentions already!

LOONA are my favourite of the list, this was probably their best release as a full group for me

Kali Uchis' EP was nice, I didn't return to it but I did enjoy it

Park Hye Jin :minho: love love love

RTJ4 was actually really good jfjfjf, at first I was like hmmm but then it grew on me more.  Has a few select greats

love your movie highlights, Invisible Man is definitely one of the most thrilling movies I've watched this year and completely not what I was expecting from its title. 

Remind me to check out "I May Destroy You", seems quite interesting based on your description :keir:

the invisible man very good. hopefully not the last movie i ever see at a cinema but hey could think of a worse farewell

disappointments absolutely on point minus fione 

So I really enjoy the aesthetic choice, first of all. I was looking back at the movies/tv shows you posted and the banners separating your thoughts look great <3

It's interesting that Plastic Hearts was in HMs, but I'm wondering if it's more because it's so recent or because you just felt that's where it deserved to be. I always find it hard to rank things that come out in November because I feel biased either way.

I don't really know your taste that well, but I wonder what your actual placing eps, albums, and songs will be. ?

I haven't gotten to watch I May Destroy you yet due to the same fear, but now based on your review I'll give it a chance. I loved Michaela Coel on Chewing Gum.

I May Destroy You was definitely one of the most important shows I watched during quarantine. It was triggering and kinda hard to sit through, but I loved it. 

14 minutes ago, Hug said:

So I really enjoy the aesthetic choice, first of all. I was looking back at the movies/tv shows you posted and the banners separating your thoughts look great <3

It's interesting that Plastic Hearts was in HMs, but I'm wondering if it's more because it's so recent or because you just felt that's where it deserved to be. I always find it hard to rank things that come out in November because I feel biased either way.

I don't really know your taste that well, but I wonder what your actual placing eps, albums, and songs will be. ?

thanks :heart2: re:miley it's a mix of both, i haven't listened to it much and i don't feel like i made any emotional connection with it like the rest of the top 40. plus, i don't really like half of the album dd but i'm sure it will grow on me. i HATED some of the placing albums at first, including like three that made it to top 10 so :rip:

i'll start my lists tomorrow :keir:

Smile is truly one of the biggest disappointment of the year.

Perfect description of Fiona Apple's album!

EDIT: Hold on! Plastic Hearts only on 'honourable mentions' list?? :biblio:

Edited by elvenOCEAN

Movie of the Year~ Birds of Prey was enjoyable :alexz3: Expected more/better from Invisible Man, especially as someone that doesn't go into the horror genre often (even though it wasn't scary)
Disappointments~ Just started commenting on threads tonight and I've already seen way too much Cape God shade :mandown: Very upsetting! Agreed with Positions. Smile could've been stronger but it's a big upgrade over Witness for me.
H. Mentions~ Jaguar, Plastic Hearts and VELVET :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ready for more :foxaylove:

• ATRL Moderator

The Invisible Man is SOOO good :WAP: 

Miss Cyrus too low

Fitting HMs. That Jaar album wasn't my thing. I like his microhouse material a lot more than his ambient/glitchy approach. The way Jay's album has been hyped up for that long only for it to be a Nas - Nasir level flop :rip: 

Run the Jewels, Christine, and Gabriel deserved better! But happy to see them have a little inclusion.

That Kali EP... I'm just glad her album was, uh, ACTUALLY good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.