- Motosport (Gold)

- South of the Border (Gold)

- Finesse (Gold)

- Bodak Yellow (Gold)

- WAP (Gold)

- Invasion of Privacy (Gold)

This happens when you are GLOBAL.

VtDXYpw.gif

Is it really a hit in France or her streaming game is strong?

11 minutes ago, DuffStan said:

Is it really a hit in France or her streaming game is strong?

It's a hit, France only counts premium streams now, so 100k is big for an international act. :clap3:

1 hour ago, Mokichi said:

For selling over 100k units :clap3: 

Cardi's certifications in France:

- I Like it (Diamond)

- Girls Like You (Diamond)

- Taki Taki (Diamond)

- Motosport (Gold)

- South of the Border (Gold)

- Finesse (Gold)

- Bodak Yellow (Gold)

- WAP (Gold)

- Invasion of Privacy (Gold)

:clap3:

2 hours ago, Summer Boy said:

It's a hit, France only counts premium streams now, so 100k is big for an international act. :clap3:

Impressive feat then. Do you have a source for that info? Can't find any on SNEP

4 minutes ago, DuffStan said:

Impressive feat then. Do you have a source for that info? Can't find any on SNEP

https://snepmusique.com/les-certifications/a-propos-des-certifications/

That part "Depuis avril 2018 : seules les écoutes en streaming issues de la consommation premium (abonnements payants) sont prises en compte pour le calcul des meilleures ventes et des certifications."

1 hour ago, Summer Boy said:

https://snepmusique.com/les-certifications/a-propos-des-certifications/

That part "Depuis avril 2018 : seules les écoutes en streaming issues de la consommation premium (abonnements payants) sont prises en compte pour le calcul des meilleures ventes et des certifications."

Damn, that's quite unfair. N'importe quoi !

1 hour ago, DuffStan said:

Damn, that's quite unfair. N'importe quoi !

To be honest I think it makes more sense to only include premium streams. Back in the digital era we had to pay 1.29€ for a song, so why should we count free streams? :michael:

Edit : Oh, and also I forgot the most important part, before the premium rule, almost every song reached Diamond in France (I think there was 67 Diamond songs in 2017 alone :rip:), certifications in France lost their prestige, with the new rules a Diamond song is a true smash, while songs that would've been Diamond before the rule are now "only" Gold or Platinum (which is still great and more representative of the song's success). 

WAP is a hit in France! :gaygacat4:

Edited by Summer Boy

15 hours ago, Summer Boy said:

To be honest I think it makes more sense to only include premium streams. Back in the digital era we had to pay 1.29€ for a song, so why should we count free streams? :michael:

Edit : Oh, and also I forgot the most important part, before the premium rule, almost every song reached Diamond in France (I think there was 67 Diamond songs in 2017 alone :rip:), certifications in France lost their prestige, with the new rules a Diamond song is a true smash, while songs that would've been Diamond before the rule are now "only" Gold or Platinum (which is still great and more representative of the song's success). 

WAP is a hit in France! :gaygacat4:

Yeah, I think this could explain their rule change. Thanks for the explanation ma sœur !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.