Kylie scores largest debut week of 2020; breaks records

Finkypop

kylie-minogue-disco-300x300.jpeg

Kylie's records, milestones and accomplishments with DISCO:

• Largest opening week of 2020 in the UK, debuting with 54,905 units, surpassing Lady Gaga's Chromatica (52,907 units)
  • 1st female artist in history to have a UK #1 album in 5 consecutive decades, with #1s in the ‘80s, ‘90s, ‘00s, ‘10s and ‘20s
  • 8 total #1 albums in the UK DISCO becoming her 8th
  • 2nd most #1 albums for a solo female artist in UK Chart history, surpassing Barbra Streisand (7), behind only Madonna (12) 
  • Top 20 most #1 albums (overall, 7-way tie ) in UK Chart history, surpassing Elton John, Barbra Streisand, George Michael, and more
  • Highest career Metacritic score (79)her 1st studio album to score above a 70 (only other 70+ score going to a compilation)
  • 3rd consecutive #1 album (in a row), with every major release since the transition to BMG (her current label) going #1
  • Largest career opening week figures in 10 years, since Aphrodite opened with 79,152 units in 2010 

Official Charts Article

All on her 15th album, 33 years into her career.  :clap3:

rhHDZo5.jpg

Edited by Finkypop

Legend,  so well deserved :clap3:

That's actually pretty brilliant considering all things 2020 and how deep in her career she is. 

The album is fabulous though, easily top 3 in her discography. If she was following in the footsteps of some of her peers she would be releasing subpar music AND failing to chart so this is nice to see. Hopefully Madonna takes note and releases something of quality next era, I feel like she's on a losing streak. 

8 minutes ago, yonka said:

That's actually pretty brilliant considering all things 2020 and how deep in her career she is. 

The album is fabulous though, easily top 3 in her discography.

Absolutely. We love a WINNER

wyU8cI5.gif

Only a living a legend!! 

CImLqEf.gif

:clap3: Just legend things.

Deserves better in the US tho :clap3: but overall, her longevity is something else

She surpassed Chromatica by 2k sales :jonny4:Both are AOTY so I'm happy :gaygacat2:

Congrats legend!

Queen gave us best album of 2020, Queen received her reward. :jonny6:

I’m so happy she broke these records to be honest. Disco is a great pop record and she’s always so passionate, committed and devoted to her fan base. She is the definition of a gay icon and we should all celebrate and respect her ?

9 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

I’m so happy she broke these records to be honest. Disco is a great pop record and she’s always so passionate, committed and devoted to her fan base. She is the definition of a gay icon and we should all celebrate and respect her ?

What a legend! I'm so proud of her and I'm not even a stan!

America could never.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.