Justin Bieber #1 Monthly Listeners On Spotify, Why??

Fetish for MiMi

Because he has massive playlisting, which gives him a way bigger reach on Spotify. It doesn’t mean anything when, for example, Taylor Swift routinely outstreams him despite having having like half the monthly listener count. In other words, yeah, his music reaches a lot of individual people but it literally has nothing to do with his actual success. You can see by how horrible the album tracks streams of Changes are, people only listen to his singles that have massive playlist exposure (3x that of some infinitely more successful pop girl albums which I won’t name) :rip: 

50 minutes ago, Jaffery said:

I feel like I would take your opinion a bit more seriously if you didn't question I dont care being an absolute SMASH. Go take a look at the streams and on top of still charting on the top 200 on spotify. Also, you called intentions a hit but then you said Holy isn't. However, Holy is looking to have more longevity than Intentions based on spotify and radio comparing both week 8's to eachother. Then there is Lonely which has been sitting pretty at #5 on spotify for nearly 2 weeks, and if that song rises on rado it will also go top 10 for 20 weeks and it is also looking to have more longevity than both Intentions and Holy

okay. i might be wrong with that. it felt for me that intentions is bigger than holy but this doesn't erase the fact that justin hasn't had seven consecutive "hits"  that's why he's number on the most listened list :rip:

extreme playlist placement is the right answer which is just the beautiful version of payola

KING OF POP :clap3::heart: 
Ppl will always be interested in Bieber and love him irl, unlike the pressed ones here making excuses why is he the most listened on Spotify, YouTube etc

:spin:

Edited by Badgalbritbrit

3 hours ago, Protocol said:

He's had seven hit singles in a row since "I Don't Care" last year, it's not that complicated

He absolutely has not. 

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Because he has massive playlisting, which gives him a way bigger reach on Spotify. It doesn’t mean anything when, for example, Taylor Swift routinely outstreams him despite having having like half the monthly listener count. In other words, yeah, his music reaches a lot of individual people but it literally has nothing to do with his actual success. You can see by how horrible the album tracks streams of Changes are, people only listen to his singles that have massive playlist exposure (3x that of some infinitely more successful pop girl albums which I won’t name) :rip: 

So just because Taylor doesnt have the most monthly listeners right now, the stat means nothing?

Maybe it means exactly that Justin's attracted more unique listeners worldwide in the past 28 days (tracks 28 days)

since he's been involved in a big rap remix and two big pop releases very recently...:/ and his back catalog is very popular

Edited by cliche_display

Great question..

Payola? And I think he still has a large fanbase?

Rat Scooter and Payola

Scooter's payola is the only answer

Just check that Ariana has 4 songs in TTH

Monthly listeners is an useless metric tho, he is doing like 10M streams less than Bad Bunny and he is not even top 5 for overall acts

it just goes to show you that these streams are based on payola only. People listen to a song in TTH, they don't like it, and they don't listen to the rest of his discography

5 hours ago, Protocol said:

10k and Intentions spent weeks and weeks in the Top 10 :rip:

SWU went #1, Yummy went #2 and has like a billion streams, Holy is a worldwide hit and stable in the Top 10 right now, Lonely has also charted high worldwide and hasn't even peaked yet

I'm the delusional one?

This.

Like no one is making anyone not skip the ****. You have to give credit where credit is due. Just because a lot of people are listening to what some may consider trash doesnt mean it isnt listened to. The whole Justin hate and he is flopping talk is getting so old. And I dont even care for the guy frfr but like for some people to think that he is all payola is absurd. The music business is a business to make money...why in the hell would anyone payola to the extreme that some of you insinuate. Justin is under performing but he is still Justin Bieber in the same vein that "flop" katy perry can pull millions $$$ from any endorsement 

He has a huge discography that probably gets good replay. He dropped I Don’t Care and 10,000 hours last year that still get great streaming numbers. 10,000 is even #3 on iTunes so something made that song jump recently. I know Intentions, Lonely and Holy have been cute hits for him this year. Also the Mood remix was recently release too.

It's because he keeps releasing so often this year. Even though nothing smashed from his 2020 material, a few songs did very well (Intentions and 10,000 Hours) and the rest did just okay enough and were released just often enough with just enough Spotify support to, coupled with his already existing discography, lead to this end result.

6 hours ago, Protocol said:

???

I Don't Care = hit

10,000 Hours = hit

Yummy = hit

Intentions = hit

Stuck with U = hit

Holy = hit

Lonely = hit

ok user protocol :bibliahh:

OT: payola :coffee2:

He's currently the artist with the most number of tracks charting on Global Spotify chart with 7 tracks charting. His latest works tanked on the US charts but his streams are always stable WW. 

2 hours ago, Pop Art said:

It's because he keeps releasing so often this year. Even though nothing smashed from his 2020 material, a few songs did very well (Intentions and 10,000 Hours) and the rest did just okay enough and were released just often enough with just enough Spotify support to, coupled with his already existing discography, lead to this end result.

Justins standard are too high for atrl is what I’m seeing lmao. If Taylor could have with any  of her singles released in the last 3 years have the longevity of, 10000 hours, intentions, I don’t care, holy and now lonely, her fans would LOVEEE it. Go look at holy’s 8th week of intentions 8th week then go look at any Taylor front loaded single in the last 4 years 8th week, there is your answer. His singles have insane longevity on Spotify and they are not front loaded. He has more monthly listeners because of great playlisting combined with gp support (One is not enough without the other to be #1). He is only 6th in streams because people don’t necessarily like spamming his music, but they listen to it often throughout the month (less hardcore fanbase I guess)

Justin has had more and bigger hits than some people's faves in here this year, gays are just mad and bitter as per usual :skull:

the male nicki minaj 

This thread is hilarious. Bieber stay with foot on neck for y’all.

8 hours ago, cliche_display said:

So just because Taylor doesnt have the most monthly listeners right now, the stat means nothing?

Yes. Glad you're learning :clap3:

OT - 6 consecutive singles with massive payola did THAT  

Edited by mcohen

21 hours ago, Jaffery said:

Justins standard are too high for atrl is what I’m seeing lmao. If Taylor could have with any  of her singles released in the last 3 years have the longevity of, 10000 hours, intentions, I don’t care, holy and now lonely, her fans would LOVEEE it. Go look at holy’s 8th week of intentions 8th week then go look at any Taylor front loaded single in the last 4 years 8th week, there is your answer. His singles have insane longevity on Spotify and they are not front loaded. He has more monthly listeners because of great playlisting combined with gp support (One is not enough without the other to be #1). He is only 6th in streams because people don’t necessarily like spamming his music, but they listen to it often throughout the month (less hardcore fanbase I guess)

This is true. The double standards are dishonest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.