Gwen is the most played woman on country radio in 2020

GwennyGwenGwen

I'm not sure if that says more about Gwen or about country radio (both)...but still impressive as hell for a 51 year old woman.

Blake Shelton is country gold, he can release a track of him farting and he’ll go #1.

Of course his two duets are among the highest played songs. In terms of solo females artists, Maren, Miranda & Gabby all

had far bigger songs on country radio this year.

1 hour ago, Mezik said:

Blake Shelton is country gold, he can release a track of him farting and he’ll go #1.

Of course his two duets are among the highest played songs. In terms of solo females artists, Maren, Miranda & Gabby all

I sense some Gwen dislike :mandown:

but regardless, Gwen isn't a country artist so of course there are several "solo female artists" (country ones) who have bigger songs than her on country radio. It goes without saying

1 minute ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

I sense some Gwen dislike :mandown:

but regardless, Gwen isn't a country artist so of course there are several "solo female artists" (country ones) who have bigger songs than her on country radio. It goes without saying

I love Gwen, but acting as if Gwen is the biggest female country artist because of being on two duets with a constant rotation male artist is misleading.

1 hour ago, Mezik said:

Nobody But You is one of the biggest hits of his career, and Happy Anywhere looks like its on track to be as well. His single's released prior to Nobody But You, featuring Garth Brooks and Trace Adkins didn't do nearlyyyy as well as either of his singles featuring Gwen. So if you don't think Gwen and their 'love story' doesn''t have anything to do with the massive success of their singles, i disagree.

And yes of course there are bigger solo country stars than Gwen...doesnt change that she is the most played woman on country radio this year.

21 minutes ago, Mezik said:

I love Gwen, but acting as if Gwen is the biggest female country artist because of being on two duets with a constant rotation male artist is misleading.

Who is doing that though lol, i just stated a very impressive reality that she is the most played woman on country radio this year. For a 51 year old pop star to do that, in any manner, is a cool accomplishment...especially when they are not a country artist.

Edited by GwennyGwenGwen

31 minutes ago, plumbartist said:

Gwen, Maren, Miranda and Gabby are the ONLY queens of Country

I'm sure Carrie Underwood would beg to differ (maybe Reba McEntire & Dolly Parton too).

3 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

I'm sure Carrie Underwood would beg to differ (maybe Reba McEntire & Dolly Parton too).

Reba and Dolly Parton are no longer queens... but legends...

19 hours ago, Mezik said:

Yeah like...Gabby Coney Barrett, Maren, Miranda, Carly and Carrie have all also had good country airplay this year

cOYHGPO.gif

5 hours ago, plumbartist said:

Reba and Dolly Parton are no longer queens... but legends...

Reba literally just got a #1 hit on Country Radio this year, she's still a queen darling

10 minutes ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

Yeah like...Gabby Coney Barrett, Maren, Miranda, Carly and Carrie have all also had good country airplay this year

cOYHGPO.gif

They definitely did! To be clear...im not saying Gwen is the new queen of country or something lol, just an impressive ass accomplishment for her to be the most played woman on country radio this year. I wonder if anyone her age has ever snatched that achievement before?

4 minutes ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

They definitely did! To be clear...im not saying Gwen is the new queen of country or something lol, just an impressive ass accomplishment for her to be the most played woman on country radio this year. I wonder if anyone her age has ever snatched that achievement before?

Well..Reba just got a #1 on Country Radio and she's 60+

wAcp2mq.gif

Just now, Bethenny Frankel said:

Well..Reba just got a #1 on Country Radio and she's 60+

wAcp2mq.gif

Right, but im saying being the most played woman on country radio in a given year?

wAcp2mq.gif

Reba is an undeniable ageism defying legend though, she has more weeks on the Hot 100 after the age of 50 than ANY other woman i believe.

wAcp2mq.gif

3 hours ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

cOYHGPO.gif

I'm also a fan of Mickey Guyton if you want to look her up. But, as a Black female, she has even more obstacles to overcome than her White female peers. 

Queen! :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.