Doja updated US Certifications for Hot Pink era

Flocon

Hot Pink (Gold : 500 000 ex.)

Say So (3x Platinum : 3 000 000 SPS)

Juicy (2x Platinum : 2 000 000 SPS)

Like That (Platinum : 1 000 000 SPS)

Rules (Gold : 500 000 SPS)

Cyber Sex (Gold : 500 000 SPS)

Hot Pink sales (SPS) are estimated around 850 000, I guess she could hit Platinum certification for the album at the beginning of 2021

5 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Just 3m SPS :rip:

4 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

thats it? I thought she's bigger

what do you mean? 3x platinum is big. And it will probably reach 5m when all is said and done, which is pretty great. 

4 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

what do you mean? 3x platinum is big. And it will probably reach 5m when all is said and done, which is pretty great. 

bad guy, 7 rings, Shallow, etc. went 6x Platinum. 3x P is serving minor hit

1 minute ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

These songs were huge smashes tho. Say So was a big hit, but not a smash like these songs.

Atrl’s high expectations :rip:

littlebodybigheart
22 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

These songs were huge smashes tho. Say So was a big hit, but not a smash like these songs.

3x platinum is bad for a song like “say so”. “you need to calm down” is 3x platinum.

13 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

3x platinum is bad for a song like “say so”. “you need to calm down” is 3x platinum.

Yeah but YNTCD is kinda "over", Say So is at 3.5m and will probably cross 4m by early next year.

55 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

The certifications are fine for Say So. It was an airplay driven hit, instead of streaming/sales hit.

28 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

Yeah but YNTCD is kinda "over", Say So is at 3.5m and will probably cross 4m by early next year.

But the fact that Say So had more longevity in the charts than YNTCD despite only being a ~1m difference :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, Souvenir said:

thats it? I thought she's bigger

1 hour ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Just 3m SPS :rip:

Yall are ****ing embarrassing :bibliahh:

ot: Congrats to this Woman :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

But the fact that Say So had more longevity in the charts than YNTCD despite only being a ~1m difference :deadbanana:

Girl I don't even care about Doja (Say So is a bop tho) but stop trolling, it's embarrassing. :deadbanana2:

12 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

Girl I don't even care about Doja (Say So is a bop tho) but stop trolling, it's embarrassing. :deadbanana2:

I’m spitting facts. It’s not even Doja’s fault that the song, being the huge hit that it was, only sold 3xP when few years ago minor hits were going 3XP and above. The industry is so dead that not even SPS can even match pure sales of the early 2010s. :michael:

success stans are so annoying :sleep:

OT: congrats Doja :clap3: ya'll seem to forget her rise was ORGANIC. This is great for her, look at where she was a few years ago.

1 hour ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

3x is not a minor hit. You just listed songs that were all bigger than Say So. That does not negate Say So being a hit. Weirdo. 

1 hour ago, Katamari said:

Atrl’s high expectations :rip:

For people that won’t be remembered for anything significant either. Bunch of weirdos. 

1 minute ago, 45seconds said:

3x is not a minor hit. You just listed songs that were all bigger than Say So. That does not negate Say So being a hit. Weirdo. 

V

8 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

I’m spitting facts. It’s not even Doja’s fault that the song, being the huge hit that it was, only sold 3xP when few years ago minor hits were going 3XP and above. The industry is so dead that not even SPS can even match pure sales of the early 2010s. :michael:

Nonetheless, congrats to Doja for THREE moderate hits(OP forgot to include Boss Bitch) and two gold certified singles :clap3: 

16 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Nonetheless, congrats to Doja for THREE moderate hits(OP forgot to include Boss Bitch) and two gold certified singles :clap3: 

Right.

This is very impressive for a "mainstream debut" project housing her first BIG single.

What I love is as people find out about Hot Pink, tracks like Moooo, Candy, and Tia Tamera will get boosted too.

I also remember just reading something about Tik Tok signing a deal with Sony Music Entertainment, which will possibly create some additional viral moments. That might be perfect for her moving forward.

47 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

But you're not spitting facts sis, you act like this song will stop getting units when it's probably going to end up 5x Platinum, which is comparable to some of the early 10s big hits? It's just that with streaming it takes way longer while digital sales were more immediate. 

2 hours ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

3x platinum for a song that peaked this summer is not a minor hit 

14 minutes ago, mcohen said:

Well we are definitely not calling any song 1-2xP a minor hit let alone a hit just because of how easy it is for singles and non singles to get certified based on streaming, so 3xP feels like an appropriate benchmark to call a song a minor/medium hit. :michael:

17 minutes ago, mcohen said:

Well we are definitely not calling any song 1-2xP a minor hit let alone a hit just because of how easy it is for singles and non singles to get certified based on streaming, so 3xP feels like an appropriate benchmark to call a song a minor/medium hit. :michael:

27 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

But you're not spitting facts sis, you act like this song will stop getting units when it's probably going to end up 5x Platinum, which is comparable to some of the early 10s big hits? It's just that with streaming it takes way longer while digital sales were more immediate. 

As we’re discussing at the moment, SS is a medium hit, which will eventually reach 5xP, which is huge. Streaming definitely feels underweighted

Edited by Sweet Sexy Savage

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.