Blackpink destroy BTS and Taylors Asian streaming records

WeFoundWill

10 minutes ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

Ah that totally explains why the free-falling started since Day 2. Queens of time-bending :clap3:

Frankly I don't care about BP enough to check. It's  you guys who told me they sold 450k on Ktown4U and Chinese stans are bulk-buying again. Kinda hilarious that you guys know BP's sales are drastically inflated by Chinese/SEA stans but wouldn't let any non-fan say it

Where is the switch? Are you saying Chinese bulk-buys are not counted on Hanteo?

I didn't notice the "PS". Anyways, do you have any idea how kpop sales work? Other groups sell 1m from China alone. The album will continue to sell after the first week like all of their previous albums. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bonjourtristesse

• Baby Judas

• rzal

• Selena Gomez

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, rzal said:

I didn't notice the "PS". Anyways, do you have any idea how kpop sales work? Other groups sell 1m from China alone. The album will continue to sell after the first week like all of their previous albums. 

It's not about how much they sell in China, it's about how much they sell in China in relation to how much they sell totally. 

BTS' sold more in China, but they also sell in Korea, Japan, America, etc...

If your total # is 610k and 450k of those are coming from Ktown4U, then you are not selling much locally, aren't you?

Besides, 610k is below 670k, so the "out of stock" excuse doesn't work either.

Plus let's not forget BTS is a BOY group :ace: let's not pretend like it doesn't make a difference 

Taylor still the queen of Phillipines :jonny6:

26 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

It's 8 tracks vs 20 so BP highkey won.

Have to agree. :cm: The fact that 10 songs would have been enough.... :skull:

2 hours ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

This explains why ppl aren't buying the album :clap3:

Those numbers are amazing, sis :rip:

1 hour ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

It's not about how much they sell in China, it's about how much they sell in China in relation to how much they sell totally. 

BTS' sold more in China, but they also sell in Korea, Japan, America, etc...

If your total # is 610k and 450k of those are coming from Ktown4U, then you are not selling much locally, aren't you?

Besides, 610k is below 670k, so the "out of stock" excuse doesn't work either.

It's out for 4 days, there's no total number :rip: 

Just now, rzal said:

It's out for 4 days, there's no total number :rip: 

We will see how much it's gonna sell the 2nd week outside of the 40k bulk-buy!

2 hours ago, makeme said:

Taylor is massive in the Philippines omg. 20m :clap3:

I mean reputation is 5X Platinum here in 2018 :clap3: Her highest since Fearless (9X Platinum in 2011).

OT: BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA. :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

Ah that totally explains why the free-falling started since Day 2. Queens of time-bending :clap3:

Frankly I don't care about BP enough to check. It's  you guys who told me they sold 450k on Ktown4U and Chinese stans are bulk-buying again. Kinda hilarious that you guys know BP's sales are drastically inflated by Chinese/SEA stans but wouldn't let any non-fan say it

Where is the switch? Are you saying Chinese bulk-buys are not counted on Hanteo?

If you don’t care about BlackPink then why are you trying so hard to tear down their accomplishments and act like they aren’t successful?

2 hours ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

But I thought they crossed 1M in pre-sale? Queens of lying about pre-orders :clap3:

How can they run out of stocks at 600,000 in the 1st week if the pre-ordered shipment was above 1M?

Hanteo only counts sales from certificated stores.

Gaon is the offical chart:deadbanana2:

So you're telling me Taylor is bigger in Asia than Asian acts are in the US, and she earns more numbers from the US than Asian acts earn from Asia, and that she's the biggest female artist in Oceania North America, but she's still considered local whereas ATRL faves who do well in tiny European countries are considered global? Hypocrisy at its best if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, Zaram said:

Hanteo only counts sales from certificated stores.

Gaon is the offical chart:deadbanana2:

See the countless posts above you. Their shipment in Korea is 670,000 and they've sold 610,000 so far. Which means their album is not yet "out of stock".

2 minutes ago, Admiral Bobbery said:

If you don’t care about BlackPink then why are you trying so hard to tear down their accomplishments and act like they aren’t successful?

They are very successful in SEA. Lisa is very popular in China. There's no denying in that!

We love to see 4 beautiful, talented, successful women stomp on a boyband with an 8 song album :jonny5: they really are on another level :clap3:

4 hours ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

But I thought they crossed 1M in pre-sale? Queens of lying about pre-orders :clap3:

How can they run out of stocks at 600,000 in the 1st week if the pre-ordered shipment was above 1M?

Pre ordered shipment also goes to non hanteo affiliated stores.

The daily sales arent actually a real counter but depends on how often the stores report their sales to Hanteo.

Most stores prefer to send their sales once a week typically on Mondays. Hence why Monday sales are mostly higher on the chart and very small increase is reported during the weekend :giraffe: 

BTS is probably gonna break it next month.

10 hours ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

Hanteo only tracks stores certified for them which requires those stores pay a monthly licensure fee. There are plenty of non-Hanteo affiliated stores.

Gaon tracks out shipments from the record label. 

10 hours ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

I'm asking how 600,000 is "out of stock" if the shipment was at 1M pre-release. Higher Gaon numbers would mean there are indeed stocks remaining, since Goan counts shipment, no?

Hanteo doesn’t count shipments, genius. Hanteo counts direct sales from its affiliated stores. For example, 4 shipped 1M copies in a day and only sold 310k first week. Just because Nielsen Soundscan only tracked sales purchased from stores affiliated with them doesn’t mean that she didn’t ship over 1M in a day :skull: 

9 hours ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

Ktown4u is for non-Korean Kpop fans to buy Korean albums and I'm pretty sure their policy guarantees their sales count within the first week. What you said just confirms that no one in Korea is buying their albums :clown:

It doesn’t. That would only work if they weren’t Hanteo-certified: Gaon can post negative shipments, but a Hanteo sale can’t be undone. For example, if KT4U did presales of 12k but the label only did 10k shipments and never reprinted the album, they’d cancel 2k orders. For them to be counted for Hanteo, they have to wait until they actually ship out those orders because Hanteo can’t erase those sales.

9 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Yet all their songs fell below Dynamite on Day 2 in the US and WW :sadviolin:

Dynamite is an English Single with more playlisting than any BP song ever and has been promoted more than any BlackPink song. Let’s just celebrate that BL don’t have a song as bad as it.

peterstyles13

The way you Taylor's success in Asia literally has to be compared to Asian artists, whew :clap3:

12 hours ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Having global reach may not mean you smash in certain areas more so healthy across different fields. Hope that helps. 

OT:

Blackpink deserve - organic success :clap3:

Funny because Frances Moore, the chief executive of the IFPI explained global reach the same exact way using Taylor as an example. Calling her "the epitome of a truly global star" and claiming her win of the Top Global Recording Artist of 2019 "reflects the power of truly global reach as her music performed consistently well across all global regions."

Glad we are all in agreement :sats:

OT - Global legends! :clap3:

Edited by mcohen

Taylor keeping up with Asian market powerhouses, and with a mostly acoustic album  :jonny:

Blackpink is the REVOLUTION :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.