Songs & Albums Ranking Higher Year End Than Weekly Peak

brianc33710

This is a thread to include songs & albums which ranked higher on year (or decade) end charts than their weekly peak. 

I will start this off with the most extreme example. Depending on how BB breaks up Smooth's total points, LeAnn Rimes' "How Do I Live," which peaked at #2 4 wks, #9 YE 97 & #5 YE 98, Ranks as the #1 song of the entire 1990s.

OK, I know of many more examples, but I would now rather let others contribute. If other posters miss examples I mention them. But I'd rather this be a group effort if at all possible. 

Carrie Underwood's 'Before he Cheats' was a #8 peak, but #6 on the Year-End.

As well, 'Some Hearts' debuted at #2 but was the #1 album on the BB200 year-end charts of 2006 (even won the BB award). 

Breath by Faith Hill peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was #1 on the YEAR chart.

The same to Wooly Bully by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs AND Hanging by a Moment by Lifehouse.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:59 AM, Cinderellaboy said:

Breath by Faith Hill peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was #1 on the YEAR chart.

The same to Wooly Bully by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs AND Hanging by a Moment by Lifehouse.

This is an interesting coincidence from 2000. On the YE Hot 100, Faith Hills "Breathe," a #2 song finished ahead of a 10-wk #1 Maria Maria. On the Top 40 Airplay Radio Chart, the same scenario occurred.  N'Sync's "Bye Bye Bye" spent 10 wks at #1. But the YE #1 there was also a song that peaked at #2 weekly, Vertical Horizon's "Everything You Want." EYW spent 17 wks in T 10 (18 Radio & Records, predecessor to Mediabase) & 36 T 40 (37 R&R). That was a first on that YE countdown as well. Here is Everything You Want, an amazing song. 

Everything You Want reached #1 for 1 wk on the H 100 & finished at #5 YE 2000 there.

• 2 weeks later...

Iirc Love Story by Taylor Swift peaked at no. 5 and finished at no. 4 on the 2009 YEC.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.