Xtina's Hurt hits 100M streams on Spotify

Cloudy

Her 9th song to reach the milestone :clap3: Make sure to give the classic ballad a stream and listen to Back To Basics gurls :alexz:

Edited by Cloudy

1 minute ago, Drive Bitch said:

Legendary song and video :clap3: 

Only Legend X :clap3:

Just now, Anthurium said:

One of her best songs :clap3:

Reveal hidden contents

wtf is this avi @Cloudy :deadbanana2:

And she hasn't sung it since 2007. Only Legend X :clap3:

Spoiler

You got any problems Wonhoe stan? I wanted to change it and I had that one made for some time out of boredom :matty:

1 minute ago, Cloudy said:

And she hasn't sung it since 2007. Only Legend X :clap3:

Reveal hidden contents

You got any problems Wonhoe stan? I wanted to change it and I had that one made for some time out of boredom :matty:

Not her paying it dust like that :rip:

Spoiler

I- nothing wrong, I was just used to your old one, it was cute :monkey:

1 minute ago, Anthurium said:

Not her paying it dust like that :rip:

Reveal hidden contents

I- nothing wrong, I was just used to your old one, it was cute :monkey:

Some say she doesn't like to sing it because she gets sad, others say it's because she would struggle to sing it nowadays. I don't know she can always lower the key, she's done it other songs in the past, but I guess it's to exhausting for her to sing specially if she goes on tour. I've realised she doesn't sing YLM neither

Spoiler

It will probably be back in the future, I wanted a change and go back to my "thot" era as @WhalieX and others would say

1 minute ago, Cloudy said:

Some say she doesn't like to sing it because she gets sad, others say it's because she would struggle to sing it nowadays. I don't know she can always lower the key, she's done it other songs in the past, but I guess it's to exhausting for her to sing specially if she goes on tour. I've realised she doesn't sing YLM neither

Reveal hidden contents

It will probably be back in the future, I wanted a change and go back to my "thot" era as @WhalieX and others would say

Even a one-off performance for a special occasion or something could do but oh well 

Spoiler

Aren't you always in your "thot" era though... ? :-*

Really don't understand why BTB performs so bad on Spotify. Hurt is the first track to reach the milestone. The album hasn't reached 300m yet, which was lower than Christina Aguilera which was released over 20 years ago.. Hurt and Candyman perform pretty well on YouTube, though. However,  Candyman only has 70m plays on Spotify like Ain't no other man, which is her best single with favor of critics, somehow just weirdly doesn't connect with the GP.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, PiperHalliwell said:

her best song & video :clap3:

This. A classic :clap3:

1 hour ago, therapywu said:

Really don't understand why BTB performs so bad on Spotify. Hurt is the first track to reach the milestone. The album hasn't reached 300m yet, which was lower than Christina Aguilera which was released over 20 years ago.. Hurt and Candyman perform pretty well on YouTube, though. However,  Candyman only has 70m plays on Spotify like Ain't no other man, which is her best single with favor of critics, somehow just weirdly doesn't connect with the GP.

The streams match de time it was released + wasn’t huge like the other two albums + she didn’t made into streaming era like Shakira and Beyonce to boost every old album

2 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Reveal hidden contents

This song is exhausting for like every single singer that has ever attempted the song...is understandable tbh.

1 hour ago, therapywu said:

Streams are driven by hits and familiarity, the GP plays songs they are familiar with whether thanks to radio or another popular channel. Christina Aguilera, although much much older than B2B, has more hits that the GP knows. 
That ANOTM and Candyman both have 70M streams on Spotify is actually impressive. 
———-

OT : Great, deserved. :clap3:I think this is her most successful song in France, or at least second to GIAB. 

I always find it interesting that some songs that artists pay dust end up becoming some of their more popular songs, over the ones they push over and over again through the years.

32 minutes ago, Pedro Labre said:

The streams match de time it was released + wasn’t huge like the other two albums + she didn’t made into streaming era like Shakira and Beyonce to boost every old album

20 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Streams are driven by hits and familiarity, the GP plays songs they are familiar with whether thanks to radio or another popular channel. Christina Aguilera, although much much older than B2B, has more hits that the GP knows. 
That ANOTM and Candyman both have 70M streams on Spotify is actually impressive. 
———-

OT : Great, deserved. :clap3:I think this is her most successful song in France, or at least second to GIAB. 

Pretty much this. The era came and went pretty quickly, and didn't leave much of a strong impression on the general public. Plus, not lasting long enough to adapt to other formats just doomed this era. "Back to Basics" could have done a lot worse, despite everything going against it.

56 minutes ago, UnanimousBB16 said:

I always find it interesting that some songs that artists pay dust end up becoming some of their more popular songs, over the ones they push over and over again through the years.

Pretty much this. The era came and went pretty quickly, and didn't leave much of a strong impression on the general public. Plus, not lasting long enough to adapt to other formats just doomed this era. "Back to Basics" could have done a lot worse, despite everything going against it.

I don't think it came and went it pulled good numbers when it was released. The numbers for Hurt and Candyman are respectable and even pretty strong in YT which should also taken into account (210M and 300M combined views respectively are actually impressive). Both are covered in shows from time to time as well. As that user said Xtina has the handicap of not being able to transition into the digital era let alone the streaming one to boost her catalogue more which is a shame but it is what it is.

I will say the album as a whole it's not as accesible to pop fans, it's not as "instant" apart from maybe the 3 singles that were released. It's not that it's complex or weird since it's retro sound which tends to be popular from time to time, but the songs are lengthy and not as pop-y as for example let's say Bruno Mars' material which dabs into all of that but with a more catchy and pop radio friendly way.

Edited by Cloudy

I helped it to 100 million streams. Played it several times last night. It really is my favorite ballad of hers.

deserves to be her signature ballad. 

Queen :alexz:

- Say Something - 659.8m

- Moves Like Jagger - 582m 

- Feel This Moment - 238.4m

- Lady Marmalade - 204.3m

- Genie In a Bottle - 182.8m

- Beautiful - 180.9m

- Dirrty - 119.2m

- Figther - 112.5m

- Hurt - 100m

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

Queen :alexz:

- Say Something - 659.8m

- Moves Like Jagger - 582m 

- Feel This Moment - 238.4m

- Lady Marmalade - 204.3m

- Genie In a Bottle - 182.8m

- Beautiful - 180.9m

- Dirrty - 119.2m

- Figther - 112.5m

- Hurt - 100m

Dirrty is at 127M with the random version of the greatest hits :alexz:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.