Song of the Season 3 ? WINNER ANNOUNCED (pg. 137)

ughgabriel

Okay panned :noparty: but also praised :party:

So I would like to thank you for taking the time to give Round 2 reviews, even though it's in the past by now, and for your round 3 reviews as well. Both are in depths with your thoughts and reasonings to, and for so many contestants that can't have been easy at all. Truly appreciate it! :heart:

Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring

I like that you pick up on the technical aspects of my songs, such as the alliteration, because it makes me feel as if I didn't set that limitation on myself for no reason. :heart2: Also glad you think i did enough to set it apart from other similarly-themed songs of the best (I get it's a well-worn path by now so it's hard to make things stand out) but you saw my attempts to put my spin on it. Thank you! 713289623068999762.png?v=1

?REC

I knew when I sent this, it would most likely not get the same reception as my last entries. That was the point, as I didn't think I was being provocative enough to make people feel anything other than "It's good enough." Perhaps the irony here is that it fell flat for you, and that was a risk I was willing to take. I knew it wouldn't be to everyone's tastes. I also understand the criticism that just adds another layer of irony to the whole thing. I wasn't being provocative enough.

I said this in my response to...Prisoner, I believe, but I was so focused on making this a technically well-written pop song that I sacrificed the actual content of it, and I can get that. Pop songs don't tend to read well in a lyrical sense. I think your thoughts are very reasonable and I think as far as "envelope-pushing" pieces I've done, this was among my more tame attempts. If I decide to try to shake the table again, I'll take what you said to heart and go all for it.

Again, thanks so much for all the effort you put in to all the reviews. I hope you know how grateful we are!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ughgabriel

• Hug

• fountain

• Rence

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Courtney Love said:

Going to keep it super vague here, but this is absolutely brilliant and the exact song writing that I really live for. So much about this song is brilliant, and that’s largely because of how honest it comes across.

I actually really loved the orange metaphor and simile. It’s really, really great. The way it finishes the chorus then leads into the second verse was undeniably tight song writing (even if you said this wasn’t quite finished yet). I also loved the ending of the bridge. Such profound poetry.

The chorus is so heart breaking to me and really tugged at the heart strings a few times.

The only critique I would have is that it does come across as if you had too many ideas and it can start to add up when reading the song through multiple times. But it’s not too noticeable if you were to listen to it as an actual song, I think it’s just because I’m reading it over and over again, picking up on different ideas and themes.

I actually think this song writing style suits you, the vulnerability presented in this song isn’t easy to have. If you have it, use it.

Overall, great job and great new direction.

Thank you so much I’m so happy to hear this :jonny5: I’m really glad specifically that you picked up on the smaller intentions like the chorus going into the verse, and the full circle and new understanding at the end of the bridge. 
I will say though I think the message I wrote beforehand may have been slightly misunderstood since two mentioned this, the entry wasn’t unfinished, and by having too many ideas I meant I had started multiple entries, not compiled them into this one. This song I wrote, and like I said didn’t want to submit because of the more personal theme, not that I felt bad about the song but didn’t know if it was something I necessarily wanted to share. The other songs I had started were not finished as this one was, and it had just passed the deadline, so I felt for fairness that I had to submit this one. 

3 hours ago, Courtney Love said:

I really thought this song came across as meticulously crafted and well done. You really set a grand symphony here with your word choice and imagery.

I think the beauty in this song comes from the type of words you used to convey your idea, rather than the idea itself. The idea of ‘being’ and creating just is so elevated with all of symphony, stage and art comparison and metaphors that it doesn’t get boring. My only critique is that it does start to feel a little one note as Verse 2 comes to a close.

Overall, this is really wonderful entry, great job. 

And thank you again for this one too @Courtney Love :chick3:

4 hours ago, Courtney Love said:

‘Seems like Ive been in this room for days

I wish I can say it’s an illusion from the suns’ rays

Reflecting off of these shards

Triggering images from my history.’

almost every judge stanning for the chorus, which was the hardest part of the song ::deadbanana2:

Thanks yall!!!

1. Hug - "●REC" (SAKIMA)
2. Ampersand13 - "Whisky Lips" (Avril Lavigne)
3. hurricane326 - "Constellation" (Lady Gaga)
4. Aurora - “(If) I Like You” (Tove Styrke)
5. Gay Rat Divorce - "Thunder" (Orion Sun)
6. OreGuy - "life, on periodt." (Lady Gaga)
7. Rence - "into the distance" (Taylor Swift)
8. firecrotch - "bitten" (Fiona Apple)
9. Astronomy - "Slag It Up" (Lady Gaga)
10. TROPICUM - "Broken Soul" (Lana Del Rey)
11. luckystrike - "The Bar" (Astrid S)
12. funnellegs - "Light Years Apart" (London Grammar)
13. Dessy - "Blue Sky" (Troye Sivan)
14. Speezy - "The Pieces That Waits In The Room" (Jordin Sparks)
15. minho - "goodbye" (Billie Eilish)
16. 8th Prince - "I Took A Fistful of Sand From the Beach" (Tenmon)
17. keshaspearsxo - "O" (Soccer Mummy)

:gaygacat6:

Edited by Prisoner

it's why i posted that list. hints might come :gaygacat6:but lets get to next page

why is atrl so smooth omg :gaygacat6: did we get new servers? 

6 hours ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Oh, where are you from :giraffe:

I'm from Asia (my country is India)! :giraffe: 

tenor.gif

22 hours ago, Hug said:

Okay panned :noparty: but also praised :party:

So I would like to thank you for taking the time to give Round 2 reviews, even though it's in the past by now, and for your round 3 reviews as well. Both are in depths with your thoughts and reasonings to, and for so many contestants that can't have been easy at all. Truly appreciate it! :heart:

Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring

I like that you pick up on the technical aspects of my songs, such as the alliteration, because it makes me feel as if I didn't set that limitation on myself for no reason. :heart2: Also glad you think i did enough to set it apart from other similarly-themed songs of the best (I get it's a well-worn path by now so it's hard to make things stand out) but you saw my attempts to put my spin on it. Thank you! https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/713289623068999762.png?v=1

?REC

I knew when I sent this, it would most likely not get the same reception as my last entries. That was the point, as I didn't think I was being provocative enough to make people feel anything other than "It's good enough." Perhaps the irony here is that it fell flat for you, and that was a risk I was willing to take. I knew it wouldn't be to everyone's tastes. I also understand the criticism that just adds another layer of irony to the whole thing. I wasn't being provocative enough.

I said this in my response to...Prisoner, I believe, but I was so focused on making this a technically well-written pop song that I sacrificed the actual content of it, and I can get that. Pop songs don't tend to read well in a lyrical sense. I think your thoughts are very reasonable and I think as far as "envelope-pushing" pieces I've done, this was among my more tame attempts. If I decide to try to shake the table again, I'll take what you said to heart and go all for it.

Again, thanks so much for all the effort you put in to all the reviews. I hope you know how grateful we are!!

not panned :skull: I actually liked it. This round was extremely tough to judge that I had to start digging into subjective reasonings and what I personally felt could’ve pushed this higher in my rankings. (Just to separate the 10’s from the 9.5’s). I also prefer content over a perfectly crafted song (but both are needed), and yours is definitely extremely well-written. I understand what you mean by pop songs not reading well in a lyrical sense which is true to an extent definitely. :dancehall: But I also think taking the risk this early was great because it was a concept that hadn’t been presented this season yet. :smitten:

19 hours ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Thank you so much I’m so happy to hear this :jonny5: I’m really glad specifically that you picked up on the smaller intentions like the chorus going into the verse, and the full circle and new understanding at the end of the bridge. 
I will say though I think the message I wrote beforehand may have been slightly misunderstood since two mentioned this, the entry wasn’t unfinished, and by having too many ideas I meant I had started multiple entries, not compiled them into this one. This song I wrote, and like I said didn’t want to submit because of the more personal theme, not that I felt bad about the song but didn’t know if it was something I necessarily wanted to share. The other songs I had started were not finished as this one was, and it had just passed the deadline, so I felt for fairness that I had to submit this one. 

And thank you again for this one too @Courtney Love :chick3:

Oh okay great, because I felt like the song was completely finished and was wondering why it looked like you said it wasn’t (because of how well-written and put together it was):worship:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.