Hot 100 final predictions: #1 Watermelon Sugar

eduxedu

I love Harry but another #1 thanks to excessive digital sales is too much :toofunny2:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• More Than A Melody

• Rose

• Green

• Monky_2405

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sept said:

I love Harry but another #1 thanks to excessive digital sales is too much :toofunny2:

Did you forget it's number 1 on pop radio and its streams are also impressive (especially given the song is months old)?

13 minutes ago, Rose said:

Did you forget it's number 1 on pop radio and its streams are also impressive (especially given the song is months old)?

It is still getting to #1 this week thanks to 66k sales though. Not saying WS is not a hit or Harry is scamming. But a lot of songs has gone to #1 this year largely due to excessive digital sales (a platform that no longer represents a song popularity) and this trend needs to be stopped

14 minutes ago, Sept said:

It is still getting to #1 this week thanks to 66k sales though. Not saying WS is not a hit or Harry is scamming. But a lot of songs has gone to #1 this year largely due to excessive digital sales (a platform that no longer represents a song popularity) and this trend needs to be stopped

If people are willing to buy then I don't see what's the problem. I still put spending money on a song above streaming. 

Congrats Harry! :clap3:

Also looks like Billboard increased radio weight again. 

1 hour ago, Green said:

Wait the 66k is from Nielsen?  :jonny5: 

There is hope then :duca:

I thought it was just an estimation

TOTC has Nielsen data. The issue is that MYH has 29,000 reported and they don’t know when the rest will come in or at this point if it will. Also sometimes Nielsen changes totals on Monday so it’s not 100%

28 minutes ago, Rose said:

If people are willing to buy then I don't see what's the problem. I still put spending money on a song above streaming. 

THIS. 

Whether you are paying to buy a song, or paying a streaming platform to listen to a song, you are still paying either way and in fact paying more to buy directly.

How exactly does that not represent popularity, when not only is the song #1 on pop radio, has millions of streams, but then also a large chunk of people are willing to fork out cash to buy the single directly?

Some people's logic is just strange. 

Historically the BB Hot100 was physical sales based. There is no reason why physical sales should not still have a presence on the charts. Not every artist is popular enough to get fans to purchase their music. That says something.

Edited by Baby_boy09

Just now, Baby_boy09 said:

THIS. 

Whether you are paying to buy a song, or paying a streaming platform to listen to a song, you are still paying either way and in fact paying more to buy directly.

How exactly is that not represent popularity, when not only is the song #1 on pop radio, has millions of streams, but then also a large chunk of people are willing to fork out cash to buy the single directly?

Some people's logic is just strange. 

Historically the BB Hot100 was physical sales based. There is no reason why physical sales should not still have a presence on the charts. Not every artist is popular enough to get fans to purchase their music. That says something.

Also there’s a difference between the Barbs bulk buying 1.29 digital copies and Harry stans buying 16 dollar vinyls because they’re limited edition and they want them. It’s not gaming the system as much as it is taking advantage of fan interest in the song and artist

1 minute ago, Em1794 said:

Also there’s a difference between the Barbs bulk buying 1.29 digital copies and Harry stans buying 16 dollar vinyls because they’re limited edition and they want them. It’s not gaming the system as much as it is taking advantage of fan interest in the song and artist

I also think, outside of the charts, that the limited edition vinyls are a great way for artists to connect with their fans. 

It's a tangible, physical possession that you can hold in your hands. It's special.
It's also how pop music came to prominence in the 50s, 60s and 70s. 

8 minutes ago, Baby_boy09 said:

I also think, outside of the charts, that the limited edition vinyls are a great way for artists to connect with their fans. 

It's a tangible, physical possession that you can hold in your hands. It's special.
It's also how pop music came to prominence in the 50s, 60s and 70s. 

Agreed 100% they’re collectors items. I wish I could buy everything.

Imagine if he gets it :jonny5:

I hope Harry does it, those poor other 1D boys

5 hours ago, cartierdelrey said:

the barbz are going to have a heart attack after missing #1 this week and Cardi taking #1 next week... the fuming on my twitter timeline because people are using rent money to buy MYH

Saw this on Barbz Struggle Tweets and I can’t stop cackling

Ee2eYkYXoAAhPIW?format=jpg&name=900x900

5 hours ago, worldmusic said:

Harry Styles has been insanely impressive this era, I’m actually shocked.

I saw all he did was release a vinyl of the song and it got 65k sales? :clap3:

more like 2 vinyls, a cassette, instrumental version, itunes discount, his team pushing his fans to buy and stream everything (plus his fans scamming ppl on gofundme but idt they got a lot of donations and ppl reported them)

6 hours ago, eduxedu said:

6 9 missing the top 40

U5aV.gif

Harry and Cardi/Meg btb, maybe this year is finally having something good?

wbQv8Vb.gif

Harry's had a headlining TTH residency for as long as I can remember so :clap3:

50 minutes ago, effy said:

more like 2 vinyls, a cassette, instrumental version, itunes discount, his team pushing his fans to buy and stream everything (plus his fans scamming ppl on gofundme but idt they got a lot of donations and ppl reported them)

So limited edition merch and a discount. What literally every other big artist with a possibility at a #1 does? His team didn’t push anything. They just made merch available. Harry didn’t even tweet about it. The instrumental sold 1,000~ and they only made it available because fans begged.

And the gofundme thing was a distasteful joke. The link never even went live. It was done by two people who aren’t even fans of Harry (they’re fans of the band and there’s a clear divide in the fanbase with fans of Harry only absolutely despising fans of 1D). They were dragged through the mud for 24 hours and forced to deactivate their accounts.

It’s funny that you pay such close attention yet get so many things wrong. A fan

WS honestly deserves, it's been everywhere and really huge. It deserves at least one week.

Also, I cannot discredit the Barbz dedication, 100k sales :jonny2:

35 minutes ago, Em1794 said:

So limited edition merch and a discount. What literally every other big artist with a possibility at a #1 does? His team didn’t push anything. They just made merch available. Harry didn’t even tweet about it. The instrumental sold 1,000~ and they only made it available because fans begged.

And the gofundme thing was a distasteful joke. The link never even went live. It was done by two people who aren’t even fans of Harry (they’re fans of the band and there’s a clear divide in the fanbase with fans of Harry only absolutely despising fans of 1D). They were dragged through the mud for 24 hours and forced to deactivate their accounts.

It’s funny that you pay such close attention yet get so many things wrong. A fan

ayy, lmao the old ~harry didn't tweet about it so he doesn't care about the charts~ narrative, you all are hilarious... unlike the gofundme "joke".

"they only made it available because fans begged" sure_jan.gif. I didn't get anything wrong, you're just mad because i listed all the things he did to get a #1. if you think there's nothing wrong with releasing 100 bundles and all the other stuff he did then why are you so upset? :gaycat5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.