Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Sex with Rih

• mcohen

• Queenyoncee

i mean black is king visuals are nice, but most of the music isnt it

33 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Brandy outselling Beyoncé in 2020, no words :deadbanana4:

Brandy with a brand new album (after 8 years) and Beyoncé re-entering with a year old compilation soundtrack. :rip: Yes, so shocking.

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

Brandy with a brand new album (after 8 years) and Beyoncé re-entering with a year old compilation soundtrack. :rip: Yes, so shocking.

I’m sorry, but it’s BRANDY, it’s still hilarious  :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Has Brandy had any promotion at all though? A brand new album after 8 years is a career killer for most people and when was her last hit? Beyonce has a headline spot on Disney+ and plenty of news articles. 

5 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

Has Brandy had any promotion at all though? A brand new album after 8 years is a career killer for most people and when was her last hit? Beyonce has a headline spot on Disney+ and plenty of news articles. 

I have no clue if Brandy had any promotion, I'm not a Brandy stan. I understand that ATRL centres itself on 'hits', but it's not something all artists need to maintain a fanbase.  She's been in the industry for a long time and has retained her audience.

Beyoncé's "headline spot" is still for an album that centralising black experiences, African sounds and cultures and has a completely different name to the promotional film. So when people search "Black is King" on streaming services, the album doesn't come up. I think Beyoncé's numbers are good considering what the album is, the fact that it is a year old and that it bombed in the first place. She's more bothered about putting out strong content for her fans and uplifting all the African artists and creatives involved. I respect her for that.

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

I have no clue if Brandy had any promotion, I'm not a Brandy stan. I understand that ATRL centres itself on 'hits', but it's not something all artists need to maintain a fanbase.  She's been in the industry for a long time and has retained her audience.

Beyoncé's "headline spot" is still for an album that centralising black experiences, African sounds and cultures and has a completely different name to the promotional film. So when people search "Black is King" on streaming services, the album doesn't come up. I think Beyoncé's numbers are good considering what the album is, the fact that it is a year old and that it bombed in the first place. She's more bothered about putting out strong content for her fans and uplifting all the African artists and creatives involved. I respect her for that.

wouldn't people search for beyonce tho

4 minutes ago, Sasha. said:

wouldn't people search for beyonce tho

Sure, but not in every case. People are lazy and unless it's right in front of their face, they're not going to pay attention. So less people are going to go searching for the album, trying to figure out which one it is. It's obviously not the only reason why the album performed, but it certainly played a role.

I find bey kind of...silly for how mishandled this album was. most people don't even know black is king has an album attached to it on streaming. I love that she involved African artists (being African American myself) but how are they supposed to get their full shine if the gp is ignorant of an album with BEYONCÉ? :ace:

Ffff not the excuses being the name is hard so people can’t search it, everyone will search “Beyoncé” .. the fact that brandy is outselling a heavily campaigned album/film  that’s behind a mega corporation is somewhat alarming to say the least.

Edited by C0SMIC

I would understand the drag if The Gift is released along with BIK (like she did for Lemonade) but the fact that it was released a year ago and got a +2178674% push this week thanks to the movie :rip: :rip: 

I don't know why people are playing dumb. Just like Teyana Taylor's album (which was good), Brandy will be in the bottom of the BB200 in a month.

The Gift lasted only 7 weeks last time but streams and sales appearmore stable this time around. It won't top the charts, but I do think the film will bring in an audience over time.

1 hour ago, C0SMIC said:

Ffff not the excuses being the name is hard so people can’t search it, everyone will search “Beyoncé” .. the fact that brandy is outselling a heavily campaigned album/film  that’s behind a mega corporation is somewhat alarming to say the least.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not accurate. :rip: People are dumb. The album is not campaigned, at all. But keep pushing that narrative girl.

EexgWDeXgAA0NL9?format=jpg&name=900x900

On 8/6/2020 at 11:07 AM, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Are the Soul Train Awards even happening this year?

:rip:

I- :rip: im hoping they will but 

https://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

LW TW ARTIST | TITLE | LABEL TOTAL CHANGE ALBUMS TEA SEA
1 1 TAYLOR SWIFT | FOLKLORE
REPUBLIC
133,117 -84% 32,852 2,617 97,648
4 2 POP SMOKE | SHOOT FOR THE STARS AIM FOR THE MOON
VICTOR VICTOR/REPUBLIC
95,951 -7% 1,303 1,054 93,594
3 3 JUICE WRLD | LEGENDS NEVER DIE
GRADE A/INTERSCOPE
91,106 -16% 3,733 764 86,609
5 4 HAMILTON | ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST
UPTOWN/ATLANTIC
66,445 -8% 8,925 1,148 56,373
7 5 LIL BABY | MY TURN
QUALITY CONTROL/MOTOWN/CAPITOL
50,009 -1% 304 443 49,262
11 6 DABABY | BLAME IT ON BABY
SCMG/INTERSCOPE
43,460 52% 562 1,315 41,583
6 7 GUNNA | WUNNA
YOUNG STONER LIFE
39,856 -40% 116 208 39,533
10 8 HARRY STYLES | FINE LINE
COLUMBIA
37,340 19% 8,184 5,767 23,389
9 9 POST MALONE | HOLLYWOOD'S BLEEDING
REPUBLIC
32,817 0% 1,835 1,012 29,969
-- 10 BEYONCE & VARIOUS ARTISTS | THE LION KING: THE GIFT
PARKWOOD/COLUMBIA
26,841 -- 6,118 2,096 18,627
-- 11 BRANDY | B7
EONE
25,636 -- 15,607 413 9,617
13 12 THE WEEKND | AFTER HOURS
XO/REPUBLIC
25,003 -2% 1,696 1,121 22,186
14 13 POLO G | THE GOAT
COLUMBIA
23,887 -2% 82 104 23,702
17 14 LIL UZI VERT | ETERNAL ATAKE
GENERATION NOW/ATLANTIC
23,441 3% 250 83 23,108
8 15 THE KID LAROI | F*CK LOVE
COLUMBIA
23,048 -41% 1,073 98 21,877
-- 16 ALANIS MORISSETTE | SUCH PRETTY FORKS IN THE ROAD
EPIPHANY/THIRTY TIGERS
22,838 -- 20,174 888 1,775
29 17 BILLIE EILISH | WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?
DARKROOM/INTERSCOPE
22,810 23% 3,855 607 18,348
19 18 MORGAN WALLEN | IF I KNOW ME
BIG LOUD
21,750 0% 1,072 869 19,809
18 19 LUKE COMBS | WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET
RIVER HOUSE/COLUMBIA NASHVILLE
21,417 -3% 1,804 1,085 18,528
-- 20 SHORELINE MAFIA | MAFIA BIDNESS
ATLANTIC
21,324 -- 1,142 218 19,96

9 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

she's done several morning shows and talks shows this week.

-   

Seems like the jokes ain't last that long :doc:

Did we somehow pull through? :deadbanana4:

Poor Brandy though, if only both could go top 10. #11 peaks are ugly 

littlebodybigheart

if taylor remains at #1 for a 3rd week because of the physicals :rip:

12 hours ago, Archetype said:

Brandy outselling Beyoncé in 2020, no words :deadbanana4:

Hmmm this didn't age well :rip:

Somehow Taylor always manages to do more or upper end of the prediction. :rip: Cute hold actually all things considered. Next week will be over 100k too easily. Winning. :clap3: 

Is The Weekend flopping? His number is quite underwhelming after scoring such a big hit

I hope Brandy makes top 10 on Billboard.

5 minutes ago, Hector said:

I hope Brandy makes top 10 on Billboard.

She’s gonna be #11

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.