HDD: Final - Taylor 133k; Bey 27k; Brandy 26k; Alanis 23k

iHype.

Y'all are absolutely delusional or you know better and just want to create a new narrative to try to discredit Beyoncé... again. No one with a brain expected a year old flop album to suddenly smash. In fact, I don't think a movie could even make an album like Chromatica sell 23k a year after it came out.

Anyway, the movie is sitting at 100% on RT and is coming for Emmys.  Bey's side projects get more acclaim and recognition than some proper studio album rollouts.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Sex with Rih

• mcohen

• Queenyoncee

Alanis did 32k with her last release 8 years ago, so this isn't awful I guess. I don't believe there's any physical copies in stores

Black Americans don't even use afrobeats music, yet y'all expected a year-old album to appeal to the white masses (the majority of which voted for Trump)? 

And not one of the Monsters talking about how blackness is on trend right now (a comment which is in itself reductive of the current black struggle), when none of the recent protest songs have gone to the top of the charts. 

Black is King is basically the equivalent to the Netflix Homecoming Documentary. It's foolish to treat it like promo for a new project. We can talk about how any project linked to TLK should have been bigger, and yeah there are points to be made there, but The Gift already flopped the first time out, so it's foolish to expect BIK to reinvigorate the era. 

1 minute ago, Rotunda said:

Black Americans don't even use afrobeats music, yet y'all expected a year-old album to appeal to the white masses (the majority of which voted for Trump)? 

And not one of the Monsters talking about how blackness is on trend right now (a comment which is in itself reductive of the current black struggle), when none of the recent protest songs have gone to the top of the charts. 

nothing but spills 

OT: so "pop is dead" can be used as an excuse for the reason why none of the GP cared about x, y and z's eras but "no one uses afrobeats" suddenly makes no sense? :rip:

also brandy in the top ten :jonny: she deserves more but i'm so happy for her

congrats to taylor for another week :clap3: 

23 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

The Gift isn't your faves competition. Joanne and Lemonade were competitors in 2016 and Joanne lost. Taylor, Billie, Ariana and Dua have albums that compete with Chromatica in 2020 and it'll lose to them in the same calendar and to infinity. How do you use Madonna's house sound and pander to the white LGBT's only to be relevant for a week?

And for those so concerned, afro beats is not a big seller. Name a best selling afro beats album in any major music market? Name an international top 40 by any of the African artists on the Gift and then we can talk about afro beats being widely regarded around the world over R&B and rap, which Bey is more known for. One Dance with Wiz Kid is a one time thing and that has more dancehall and rap influence

So we’re talking about 2016 now?  :deadbanana4:

The way y’all love living in the past but refuse to acknowledge EIL & TG, her more recent projects is quite telling.  :deadbanana4:

And I would hope LEM, the big budget visual album with HBO promo and marriage drama would do better than Joanne, a country/pop/soft rock album,  so dk why that’s even being brought up.

But since you wanna talk about the past, let’s talk about how ASIB ended up doing better than every single Beyonce album from the previous decade. Look at how Gaga ate that and achieved things that none of y’alls are ever going to achieve. So like I said, you can’t compete where you don’t compare. 

Now internalize that. :)

How did I know that by the end of this thread it would be Gaga vs Beyonce :lmao:In a Taylor thread...

19 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Black is King is basically the equivalent to the Netflix Homecoming Documentary. It's foolish to treat it like promo for a new project. We can talk about how any project linked to TLK should have been bigger, and yeah there are points to be made there, but The Gift already flopped the first time out, so it's foolish to expect BIK to reinvigorate the era. 

I can't imagine how mentally exhausting the acrobatics you pull off in your head must be for you to think that Beyonce surprise releasing ANOTHER visual album and flopping this hard isn't absolutely hilarious

Not Brandy outselling Taylor Swift on her second week :dies: 

56 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

As long as BIK has good reviews and gets good ratings, I doubt Disney cares about the album's performance.

Yup. Disney only care about their subscriptions and I'm sure they got a decent amount. Would love to see viewership numbers & where it charted on Disney + but unfortunately they don't seen to have a top 10 list like Netflix

18 hours ago, Hector said:

Very proud of Brandy! I hope she keeps that top 10. What a week for her, a top 10 album and a top 10 show on Netflix (Moesha) :alexz: 

I wish Alanis was much higher, *sighs*.

Yas at Moesha!

This thread is all over the place:dies:

OTHs getting brave over a 90%+ sales drop lmao. I bet these people are nowhere to be seen when she has 90%+ sales gain next week.

Edited by muddysquirrel

10 minutes ago, TimanthaRoberts said:

I can't imagine how mentally exhausting the acrobatics you pull off in your head must be for you to think that Beyonce surprise releasing ANOTHER visual album and flopping this hard isn't absolutely hilarious

I mean I wasn’t exactly surprised, so it’s not hilarious to me? Both TG and EIL aren’t really my cup of tea, and I’m not shocked they aren’t other people’s either. 

I guess it’d be funny if Bey was having a meltdown about it or opining about how the album was the best thing since sliced bread, but she just releases her projects and shuts her mouth, so there’s not really anything to make fun of. 

3 hours ago, Otter said:

Lol, I stan Bey but we don't have to continue this narrative...

The Gift is not some alien avant garde, experimental piece of work which is going over the head of the GP. Songs like Bigger, FYWB, Mood 4 Ever,  Spirit, Otherside, Brown Skin Girl, My Power, Already are no less digestible then what we've seen on her previous albums. And she is on 70% of the album with other artists like Burna Boy & Wizkid also having hits of their own. Doesn't matter whether we're talking Black or White GP, the album is not being used by people period. Even in the UK where afro beats has decent popularity the album sunk.

It is sad. 

C’mon now. Don’t be like that. This album is literally the least accessible album if I’ve ever heard one. Literally NO ONE is acting like it’s avant garde, but it’s the least radio friendly and doesn’t have much replay value. The African artists that take up a bulk of the album doesn’t help. Bey tried her best to expose these artists to a more American core, and clearly it’s not working. But she clearly doesn’t care. 

1 hour ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Not Brandy outselling Taylor Swift on her second week :dies: 

And both outselling Beyonce :dies:

XO.gif.40b5460636444930a7494974bfee7e46.

I can't believe stans of that legacy act Rihanna are coming for Taylor's album sales. :bibliahh:

The Gift is a year old, anyone that expected big numbers out of it is trolling or braindead. 

and of course, the thread then shifts to EVERYONE vs. the Hive. :cm:

The attempts to drag Bey over a year old Afro beats album - that flopped when it was 1st released.:rofl:

I get it though -  how frustrating to have your faves release these GP friendly projects that sell more/chart higher, yet Beyoncé remains the standard, competing only with herself. 

2 hours ago, TimanthaRoberts said:

How did I know that by the end of this thread it would be Gaga vs Beyonce :lmao:In a Taylor thread...

This isn't a Taylor thread. :rip: It's a HDD thread for the upcoming Billboard 200 chart, which Taylor, Beyoncé and Gaga will be featuring on. Though Gaga isn't listed in the OP because her 2-month old album is bombing out of the top 30. :toofunny3:

6 hours ago, peterstyles13 said:

Considering the fact that people didn't even buy the one version that's out, am I seriously supposed to think it would've made a difference? 

:deadbanana2:

People actually pretending like this is bad when Taylor has 0 versions available to buy in stores right now. Ya'lls brains really don't work.

1 hour ago, mcohen said:

And both outselling Beyonce :dies:

Omg that avi, yassss at you saving it

Gaga fans need to stop. She released a pop album. Has a collab with another big artist. She should be smashing. The worst part is, I really doubt anything else can save that album. 

wow, we did it, Brandy slaying, damn :date3: what a WIN for a queen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.