Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Sex with Rih

• mcohen

• Queenyoncee

Beyonce's number is pathetic 

peterstyles13
6 hours ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

rihanna wasn't desperate and didn't sell 50 versions of the same damn album in the first week. sit down lmfao

Considering the fact that people didn't even buy the one version that's out, am I seriously supposed to think it would've made a difference? 

I can't at some of the navy coming from Taylor, especially when talking about album sales :toofunny3:

peterstyles13
1 hour ago, Sept said:

Because massive first week sales and front-loaded indicate strong fanbase support and weak GP support (see Chromatica)

While selling 10k for 85 weeks indicate relevancy and strong/good GP support

Thankfully Taylor has both seeing as she has more albums that charted for 100+ weeks than any other female artist in history and has more 500K+ openings than any artist in history!

sGB8Qgp.gif

4 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

What kind of unreal expectations do you have for an one year old compilation with no physical release? :skull:

If anything, posts like yours are pathetic. 

19 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

I mean it's been out for over a year lol

Edited by Lose My Breath

7 hours ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

she's the richest female singer of all time and her makeup empire is worth 3 billion. AIN'T NOTHING POOR ABOUT HER LOL. 

The navy is so educated that they don't even know a word can have different meanings, wow

IUv3nsD.gif

OT: Can't wait for the Folklore physicals on friday :clap3: 

1 hour ago, americanlife said:

not Alanis Morissette doing almost the same as BEYONCE :ahh:

1 hour ago, Donquizote said:

Ok, Beyoncé has become really annoying to me and so have her fans but: I don't understand the numbers you guys were expecting, wth? Isn't it about the Lion King soundtrack? :dies: 

Edited by Squall

12 hours ago, period sis said:

guess the white GP won't accept an Afrobeats album made almost entirely by underground African artists...its sad really!

Lol, I stan Bey but we don't have to continue this narrative...

The Gift is not some alien avant garde, experimental piece of work which is going over the head of the GP. Songs like Bigger, FYWB, Mood 4 Ever,  Spirit, Otherside, Brown Skin Girl, My Power, Already are no less digestible then what we've seen on her previous albums. And she is on 70% of the album with other artists like Burna Boy & Wizkid also having hits of their own. Doesn't matter whether we're talking Black or White GP, the album is not being used by people period. Even in the UK where afro beats has decent popularity the album sunk.

It is sad. 

Oh my, I did not expect my harmless little question to trigger a fanbase so much they'd spend 18 pages arguing over an artist who hasn't released an album in over 4 years. She's really become that powerful.

istan4badgalriri

OT:  Decent numbers :clap3: 

Edited by istan4badgalriri

2 hours ago, Sept said:

Because massive first week sales and front-loaded indicate strong fanbase support and weak GP support (see Chromatica)

While selling 10k for 85 weeks indicate relevancy and strong/good GP support (see ANTI)

Depends on what you value better: fanbase or GP

Not necessarily true. When it comes to artists as big as Taylor, majority of the GP who is willing to give her a listen will be checking during first week if they like the material because they know that she is releasing. 

that drop is awful considering how frontloaded she was but taylor swift is an ATRL darling and white, so ATRL will make every excuse for her and pretend its okay. mhm.

5 minutes ago, Aaliyah Kylie said:

that drop is awful considering how frontloaded she was but taylor swift is an ATRL darling and white, so ATRL will make every excuse for her and pretend its okay. mhm.

She's selling over 1 million pure in a matter of weeks in a pandemic....while others still can't get past 1/2 million in pure.  I think that's more than okay. 

8 minutes ago, Aaliyah Kylie said:

She doesn't even physicals out, she basically only has digital and streaming :dies: 

Edited by Squall

Why the hell Rihanna stan still on a music forum, i think they are move to youtube consider now  Rih is a beauty mogul.

Lets alone come to an album thread and drag ms Swift out of all people about album sales. The nerve, what got to their head? Those ingredients they used for R9 praying ritual is not healthy at all, i can tell.

Edited by chiliam

11 hours ago, Dreajae said:

I'm bothered yet you've  been typing novels regarding Beyonce's position in the industry after debuting nearly a decade earlier than your fave. You're so worried about the relationship she has with Disney.

I'm bothered but its not Hive asking where Chromatica is in the top 20 after a mere few weeks, a #1 and a top 5 hit. You should stop trying to take the heat off Gaga and face your dragging from the Swifties (mostly) like a reasonable  adult.

All of this displaced aggression and deflection is VERY telling. And the audacity to try and come for Chromatica when TG prolly hasn’t even outsold its 1st week sales.

1st week #s:

Chromatica - 274K (without the Disney support & a high budget movie)

The Gift - 54K (with the Disney support and a high budget movie)

And don’t even get me started on the TG singles cuz we all know how that went. :rip:

I'm bothered but its not Hive asking where Chromatica is in the top 20 after a mere few weeks, a #1 and a top 5 hit.

Good cuz the Hive really isn’t in a position to ask after TG debacle. A “You can’t compete where you don’t compare” tea, if you will.

4 hours ago, Doogle said:

Why would anyone care about Fad’s #1 when Beyoncé had a #1 this year that long outlasted Rain On Me with no video :rip: Why would you even come for Bey when she’s not got any new music out and is heading to top 20 again :lmao: 

?

Asking why TG didn’t rebound after such a massive Disney promo and a high budget movie is a perfectly valid question to ask. Not my fault that y’all are a bit sensitive and instead started coming for Chromatica, when it is miles ahead of TG in every single way even with almost no promo compared to the TG.  

30 minutes ago, itsjem said:

Not necessarily true. When it comes to artists as big as Taylor, majority of the GP who is willing to give her a listen will be checking during first week if they like the material because they know that she is releasing. 

I'm not talking about Taylor. That user was just wondering what's so special about selling 10k in 85 weeks :michael:

To me, selling 850k first week and 1 mil in total is less impressive than 10k first week and 1 mil total

Just now, Sept said:

I'm not talking about Taylor. That user was just wondering what's so special about selling 10k in 85 weeks :michael:

To me, selling 850k first week and 1 mil in total is less impressive than 10k first week and 1 mil total

Yeah I know, that user was me  :chick3:  To me it's just the same. One could argue that people were instantly more interested on the former than on the latter. Also, the distinction between GP and fanbase is just something we make, but in the real world there are just people who decide wether to buy or not somethng, and if they are a fan of an artist, it's an artist merit to have gained a fan. I hope the point I was making it's clear, I'm sorry if it gets lost :rofl:

36 minutes ago, Otter said:

Lol, I stan Bey but we don't have to continue this narrative...

The Gift is not some alien avant garde, experimental piece of work which is going over the head of the GP. Songs like Bigger, FYWB, Mood 4 Ever,  Spirit, Otherside, Brown Skin Girl, My Power, Already are no less digestible then what we've seen on her previous albums. And she is on 70% of the album with other artists like Burna Boy & Wizkid also having hits of their own. Doesn't matter whether we're talking Black or White GP, the album is not being used by people period. Even in the UK where afro beats has decent popularity the album sunk.

It is sad. 

Thank you! @period sis is really out here trying to act like it’s some experimental ****. :rip:

Beehives acting as if that album is on Charli xbox/Sophie level of weirdness when in fact it’s rnb/hip hop with afrobeats flare :bibliahh: also lyrically ain’t it a love letter to africa aka blackness aka the hottest topic rn :rip:

16 hours ago, bad guy said:

Bey’s numbers are abysmal :deadbanana4: I don’t think it’s a reflection of her more so the fact that nobody cares about her side projects but damn. Disney invested millions so that’s got to sting. 

Chromatica out the Top 40 next week :deadbanana4:

Folklore’s doing extremely well for having zero physical copies out anywhere. 

As long as BIK has good reviews and gets good ratings, I doubt Disney cares about the album's performance.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

All of this displaced aggression and deflection is VERY telling. And the audacity to try and come for Chromatica when TG prolly hasn’t even outsold its 1st week sales.

1st week #s:

Chromatica - 274K (without the Disney support & a high budget movie)

The Gift - 54K (with the Disney support and a high budget movie)

And don’t even get me started on the TG singles cuz we all know how that went. :rip:

Good cuz the Hive really isn’t in a position to ask after TG debacle. A “You can’t compete where you don’t compare” tea, if you will.

?

Asking why TG didn’t rebound after such a massive Disney promo and a high budget movie is a perfectly valid question to ask. Not my fault that y’all are a bit sensitive and instead started coming for Chromatica, when it is miles ahead of TG in every single way even with almost no promo compared to the TG.  

The Gift isn't your faves competition. Joanne and Lemonade were competitors in 2016 and Joanne lost. Taylor, Billie, Ariana and Dua have albums that compete with Chromatica in 2020 and it'll lose to them in the same calendar and to infinity. How do you use Madonna's house sound and pander to the white LGBT's only to be relevant for a week?

And for those so concerned, afro beats is not a big seller. Name a best selling afro beats album in any major music market? Name an international top 40 by any of the African artists on the Gift and then we can talk about afro beats being widely regarded around the world over R&B and rap, which Bey is more known for. One Dance with Wiz Kid is a one time thing and that has more dancehall and rap influence

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.