Canada: folklore 47K, matches Lover!

Hector

Taylor Swift’s folklore debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart with 47,000 total consumption units and earning the highest album sales, on-demand streams and digital songs for the week. It is her seventh chart-topping album, all of which have debuted at the No. 1 position. It is the second-highest one-week consumption total so far in 2020, surpassed only by The Weeknd’s After Hours in its first week of release in late March. It is also the highest one-week consumption total for a female artist since Celine Dion’s Courage in November 2019. Her catalogue also posts chart gains, including her last album, Lover, moving 25-17, and 1989 bulleting 98-68.

https://www.fyimusicnews.ca/articles/2020/08/02/no-folklore-taylor-swift-scores-her-7th-straight-no-1-album

The exact first week figures as Lover, I can't... her power :jonny5: @peterstyles13

3 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

I thought this album was bigger than lover?? 

It is - folklore did not have any physical sales and despite that still matched Lover. :clap3:

13 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

it is + the biggest female album 2020

CovalentBondage

OMG how much did reputation do fw there? Should be lower than Lover since no promo and everybody hates her then.

A REPEAK!

Edited by Taylor fanboy

more proof that the GP does not want pop music I guess :michael:  Lover >>>>>> 

30 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

OMG how much did reputation do fw there? Should be lower than Lover since no promo and everybody hates her then.

2 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Queen :jonny5: @Hector do you know when we get the singles chart?

Usually tomorrow but through Billboard's search function, certain single positions "leak" looking through the artist's history if you look for it today. 

2 hours ago, CovalentBondage said:

Turns out, both are back to back smashes 

So consistent. What a smash! :clap3:

Edited by mcohen

I feel with Lover, only her stans were talking about it. And with folklore, random people who dont even like Taylor are listening to it and posting screenshots on their IG story. The the streaming numbers are showing that too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.