Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

GDu0ssi.png

Send your rankings through PM or discord (preferably discord). We're ranking each group separately, so send me your rankings from 1-3 for the solo songs, duo songs and group songs!

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-3:

1. ex:  All I Want for Christmas Is You [BEST SONG]

2. ex: Without You [2ND BEST SONG]

5. ex: We Belong Together [WORST SONG]

When sending me your rankings PLEASE send ONLY the song title spelled out correctly. Not the artist or the numeration. Capitalization doesn't matter, but grammar does! This will help make it much easier for me to manage and order the rankings!

ENTRIES | SOLO

Spotify

Spoiler

Perfume Genius - Jason
Ava Max - BellaDonna
Tove Lo - Lady Wood
Tove Lo - Flashes

ENTRIES | DUO

Spotify

Spoiler

The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men
MGMT - Electric Feel
Aly & Aj - Church
Now, Now - Window

ENTRIES | GROUP

Spotify

Spoiler

One Direction - Perfect
Radiohead - Creep
Blackpink - Playing With Fire
Twice - Feel Special

DEADLINE

You have 24 hours, until September 29th, 10am EDT to send in your rankings

Post your critiques if you can!

@clue@Alena@ughgabriel@thecptz

@mokitsu

2 minutes ago, disruptive said:

do you love me?

yes

Just now, disruptive said:

Ava Max - BellaDonna
Tove Lo - Lady Wood
Tove Lo - Flashes

like... WHAT was the reason? Out of so many GREAT solo artists? :juanny:

last round remains superior

11 minutes ago, disruptive said:

ily2

ily ily

jJkY173.png

Good luck to everyone :heart:

SOLO

JASON - One of the best album tracks of the year.

BELLADONNA - Very cute. One of the only good songs on this album.

LADY WOOD - Cute but super basic.

FLASHES - Never been a favorite of mine on this album tbh.

DUO

IT'S RAINING MEN - 

ELECTRIC FEEL -  Rock classic. One of the greatest songs EVER. Top notch production.

CHURCH - Not my type of thing.

WINDOW - Closer to being my type of thing.

GROUP

PERFECT - Total bop that stole from Taylor's top 10 smash "Style".

CREEP - Rock classic.

PLAYING WITH FIRE - No thanks.

FEEL SPECIAL - Bop.

2 minutes ago, clue (the remix) said:

DUO

IT'S RAINING MEN - 

You’re going to hell for this me thinks

https://i.imgur.com/JuSc8Ul.png

Bitch I'm back....... by popular demand

#ramona singer from Life's a bitch and her pussy's wet

SOLO

Jason - easily my favorite song from this excellent album, love the use of the harpsichord. really reminds me of Tori Amos' weirder stuff and of course the storytelling is on another level - gut wrenching but a story many of us can relate to in some degree

Belladonna - dark pop classic, BTTN and Tattoo were right there but this is in my trinity of the album cuts so great choice

Lady Wood - kinda sad both Tove entries are from this album, which i feel hasn't aged that well. that said, this was always my favorite song since release day and it still holds up. the lyrics are quite basic when you read them but i feel she emotes them well and for that reason i really connect with them. solid choice

Flashes - see this is what i mean when i said the album hasn't aged well. it's okay, but falls flat for me now. and compared to the rest of the songs in this group, it's even more middling.

DUO

It's Raining Men - okay because this is a MAJORRRRRRRRR classic!!!!!!!! and i'm side eyeing everyone who doesn't put this at #1

Electric Feel - oh please are we back in 2010 :rip: this really has that late 2000s electroindie sound and it's completely disgusting. don't send mgmt unless it's little dark age thanks

Church - omgg i hate how the chorus has ZERO punch :rip: but the rest of it is pretty nice

Window - hate these spotify playlist fodder nonames. they have such a weird voice and boring production :rip: and this just feels like a purity ring leftover. bye...

GROUP

Perfect - what the **** :rip: like can we stop pretending one direction are any good, like their best song is still a 7/10 and this is not one of them :mazen:

Creep - EW :rip:

Playing With Fire - this iphone recorded 2ne1 demo being basically the only listenable song of this group :pukey:

Feel Special - hate hate HATE twice :mazen: that said, this is one of their best songs

See you next week ladies, best of luck

#real housewives of new york city from HousewivesKnowBest

2 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

Tattoo were right there

i sent it before yasss

58GbHTXB.jpegCfO4lBGUsAAccbK.jpg

Perfume Genius - Jason

This is one of my least favorites from him. I like the instrumental. When the strings come in is so beautiful but his voice is a little annoying here; I don’t know if it’s because of the monotony of the e-e-e-e in the verses :/

Ava Max - Belladonna

Honestly the only song along with Tattoo that I liked from the album. The verses are so cool and have an eerie nature that complement the lyrics so well. The chorus could go harder, but it’s really nice overall. The outro is so cool!

Tove Lo - Lady Wood

Love the whole Lady Wood album and this is a bop! It’s a really fun pop song, love the lyrics tbh. I think my favorite parts are the prechorus and the last chorus! I still don’t understand why she chose to add that True Disaster transitionary bit at the end nn

Tove Lo - Flashes

The production in this one is just amazing. The last chorus will never not be amazing. One of her best songs :jonny:

cockdestroyer.jpg

The Weather Girls - It’s Raining Men

Love this! It’s such a classic and it’s the one I feel the most familiar with. Sharon vs Phi Phi will always be a moment!

MGMT - Electric Feel

Love the instrumental on this one! I didn’t care that much about the vocals but the instrumental is just so groovy!

Aly & AJ - Church

This is the type of pop that I honestly find a little forgettable and harmless. Like, I could picture it playing at Forever 21 and wouldn’t mind it but I definitely wouldn’t listen to it by choice

Now, Now - Window

This is actually really pretty :shock: It’s very ethereal and I really liked that chorus and the production! That last chorus was very haunting!

seankody_kenworthy.jpg

One Direction - Perfect

Pleaseeee, this does sound a lot like Style nn I don’t like their music that much, this is fine but harmless too

Radiohead - Creep

I enjoy this! It is a classic and i think the chorus is iconic! I don’t care for the verses that much. The falsetto is really great!

BLACKPINK - PLAYING WITH FIRE

A bop! Their best song along with As If It’s Your Last! Hopefully there’s a song as good as this on their album!

TWICE - Feel Special

Very Dance Dance Revolution! I’ve always loved this one; the chorus is so infectious <3

Jennie_%E2%80%93_%22Solo%22_%E2%80%93_Di

jason: I was mainly bored with this... his other song sent that 1 round is 500 times better

belladonna: cute little bop, the final chorus is definitely the best part

lady wood: cute little bop [2]

flashes: excellence yup best entry here easily <3

im-204498?width=620&size=1.5

raining men: a CLASSIC Ive honestly always loved this song and i think its an excellent choice

electric feel: another great song whew the duo songs are really eating the solo songs up tbh

church: this is very cute I enjoyed it

window: very very nice I like this as well yup

fc999f167ea74e06916604a994e438b0.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

perfect: kwedkwe ummm ? 1d is a very random choice but tbh this song is kinda a cute bop

creep: not for me sry @clue (the remix)

playing with fire: their most overrated song ever like ... probably my least favorite from them other than ice cream bc its just so basic and bland

feel special: EASY WINNER OF THE ROUND!!! iconic amazing beautiful talented

Edited by Touch It

oh wow some great songs

Lady Wood, Electric Feel and Feel Special best songs on each category. Though Creep is a close second for me in the group round.

WRxt6dP.png

GettyImages-1015815114.jpg

Perfume Genius - Jason

This song is very captivating. The vocal is really soothing and I LOVE all of the unique instrumentation in the production. The instrumental in the second half of the song is particularly beautiful. A really great discovery for me!

Ava Max - BellaDonna

Ok whew the verses are kinda a serve. Pre-chorus and chorus are a bit of a letdown in comparison, but overall this is cute. This is a very strong group though so cute might only get you so far.

Tove Lo - Lady Wood

This was one of my favourite tracks on this album when it was first released and it’s still one of my favourites to this day. The production is so slick and the way she delivers the melody is very alluring. The song strikes a great mix between doing enough to be interesting without doing too much.

Tove Lo - Flashes

Now this on the other hand… it STARTED as one of my faves on the album but it hasn’t held up well for me. I still like it, but parts of it just don’t work for me anymore. The verses feel kind of boring and the chorus is too cluttered.

rs_600x600-180327072612-600.Normani-Kordei-Lauren-Jauregui-JR-032718.jpg

An absolute classic that surprisingly holds up extremely well today. It’s always such a blast to listen to, it has so much personality and it’s just so much fun. And those harmonies are always such a serve!!!

MGMT - Electric Feel

Hm, it’s interesting and I can see why some people would really love this, but I don’t think this is for me. I find the instrumental more grating than catchy tbh.

Aly & AJ - Church

Aly & AJ yupppp!!! Admittedly this is a bit more forgettable and basic than their stronger songs, but I still like it. A chill, well-produced bop with nice vocals and good use of a vocoder.

Now, Now - Window

It’s cute, but also kind of boring and monotonous. Didn’t dislike it, but it basically did nothing for me.

rs_600x600-170105153709-600-fifth-harmony.jpg?fit=around%7C1080:1080&output-quality=90&crop=1080:1080;center,top

One Direction - Perfect

…Why? Like no shade (ok maybe some shade), but I don’t understand how you get all the way to the Top 4 and are like “yes let me submit this very mediocre, extremely reductive One Direction song”. This is probably my least favourite of the 296 different songs with this exact sound that came out that year.

Radiohead - Creep

I have a weird relationship with this song because I’ve listened to SO many covers of this song that absolutely eat up the original. That being said, the original is still good. The chorus has always been uncomfortably noisy for me, but the verses are a classic.

It’s cute, but I will NEVER understand why their stans think this is one of their best singles. It’s a bop and I somewhat enjoy listening to it, but it’s also always felt so basic and uninteresting to me.

Twice - Feel Special

Cute but a good example of why I’ve never been able to get into Twice - most of what I’ve heard from them is too bubblegum and cutesy for me. The chorus is VERY catchy though and I think I enjoyed the song overall.

♥ alena's thots

028b33a4acde4c83719cb6518588519c2362a85227fff871ba4a4dbe438f010e4c26f873c4a4643b

1 하나

JASON - pretty good yes x

BELLADONNA - loves it x

LADY WOOD - a bop x

FLASHES - a bop x [2]

IT'S RAINING MEN - the CLASSIC!

ELECTRIC FEEL - pretty good.

CHURCH - okay i've never heard this before and it's actually really good!!

WINDOW - super chill and i really enjoyed it :smitten:

3 세 (+)

PERFECT - as @clue (the remix) would say 'u want out huh?' ?

CREEP - so not my genre but this is actually pretty good.

PLAYING WITH FIRE - well you know i stan BP and i also stan this song, u made some points YUP.

FEEL SPECIAL - Twice's best song, YUP! Super good.

5bd4b7ac6f20a20487f560f5516fbd1a1c81afd93b42d46079d4b06c5050cf319f1392526dad5895

alena's thots ♥

RJDu4jb.png

Perfume Genius - Jason: 9fac8b22edb09c15239b1d5ca3c3508a.gif

Ava Max - Belladonna: tumblr_inline_nnm6mvqZpv1qkthhc_400.gifv

Tove Lo - Lady Wood: a BOP!

Tove Lo - Flashes: a slightly better BOP!

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men: L66zMI1.gif

MGMT - Electric Feel: Cute but Kids outsold Abivs0P.gif

Aly & AJ - Church: Exactly bestie

Now, Now - Window: It's nice but that's not gonna cut it

-------------------------------------------------------

One Direction - Perfect: lol

Radiohead - Creep: aged, Lana outsold

Blackpink - Playing With Fire: Literally the best song ever

Twice - Feel Special: Literally the best song ever [2] how are yall gonna make me choose between 2 of my favorite kpop songs????

• ATRL Moderator

dN3PQdL.png

ONE

Spoiler

Perfume Genius - Jason

It's kind of interesting for an alternative song. I remember Miguel wanted to send this for ASC duo round so we could pander to some of the music snobs

Ava Max - BellaDonna

This was one of the most instant new songs for me on Ava's album. It's super fun dark pop!

Tove Lo - Lady Wood

Unlike some people here, I absolutely adore the Lady Wood album and I think it still holds up. This is not my favorite track on the album but I really enjoy this song a lot!

Tove Lo - Flashes

Ahhh yes one of my absolute favorites from Lady Wood. Truly an epic song from beginning to end. I love the way it builds!!

TWO

Spoiler

I was just listening to this a few weeks ago and getting my LIFE. An absolute classic.

MGMT - Electric Feel

I was really hoping to like this with the interesting instrumental, but it kind of flatlined for me after a minute.

Aly & Aj - Church

LOVE love love this song and the EP. It really takes you on a spiritual journey and is probably in their top 5 songs of all time. I also really love the lyrics and how it shows their growth as individuals x

Now, Now - Window

Oh wow this was actually really cute! Definitely a vibe that I support but this is also such a strong duo section.

THREE

Spoiler

One Direction - Perfect

The beginning of this song is a bit rough but then it finally hits a stride. I really enjoy the chorus melody. I'm still a bit confused as to why I'm seeing a 1D song here but it's cute!

Radiohead - Creep

A (bit of an overrated) classic.

This one was a disappointment. I expected flash and substance, but it was pretty dull!

Twice - Feel Special

Loved this! Super catchy, super spunky.

8qZHuaM.png

SOLO!!!!!

Perfume Genius - Jason

oh pls this is so much better than i remembered :eek: its so good maybe the sender did that :weeps:

i think i should revisit the album again tbh!

Ava Max - Belladonna

its a cute pop song tbh. not really standout for me :/ tattoo outsold!!!!!

Tove Lo - Lady Wood

OH PERIOD. this has been my favorite on the album since its release :jamming: it hasnt aged at all for me

whew, a BANGRRR

Tove Lo - Flashes

this is cute :lakitu: its not really my favorite from the album but its still cute

IEM9aTR.gif

DUO!!!!!

ooh a gay classic :jamming: i think its winning but idk its a big bop!!!!!!!! lets see how other songs do :gaygacat1:

MGMT - Electric Feel

yea, the first minute was rlly good and i was bopping but then it went nowhere, cute tho! gotta give u that hehehe

Aly & Aj - Church

what a song... whew. this took some time to grow on me but when it did, i just love it so much :weeps:

queens of church!!!!!

Now, Now - Window

hmm idk, i'm really mixed about this :/ its okay i guess!

gFe1YoQ.gif

GROUP!!!!!

One Direction - Perfect

yall just hate straights!!!! this is a cute bop :jamming: style print yup

Radiohead - Creep

all the covers really slayed this original :'( this is still good but its just not that good

a classic tho!

not this... i liked it when it was first released but its just meh now plus it sounds super dated :mazen:

Twice - Feel Special

now THIS IS IT!!! winner winner chicken dinner :smitten:

i love this song so much :weeps: like it has such a feel good vibes that you just can't help but love it

aLsEZaR.gif

5 hours ago, Element said:

we could pander to some of the music snobs

Now what does that mean

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.