Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

iPS6D1f.png

Send your rankings through PM or discord (preferably discord). There's 5 entries so I should receive 5 rankings.

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-4:

1. ex:  All I Want for Christmas Is You [BEST SONG]

2. ex: Without You [2ND BEST SONG]

4. ex: We Belong Together [WORST SONG]

When sending me your rankings PLEASE send ONLY the song title spelled out correctly. Not the artist or the numeration. Capitalization doesn't matter, but grammar does! This will help make it much easier for me to manage and order the rankings!

ENTRIES

Spotify

Spoiler

Solange - Cranes In The Sky
FKA Twigs - Two Weeks
M.I.A. - Paper Planes
FKA Twigs - cellophane
Cardi B - I Like It

DEADLINE

You have 24 hours, until September 27th, 1PM EDT, to send in your rankings

If everyone sends in their rankings sooner, i will PTR sooner as well. 

Please post your critiques if you can!

@clue @Fruity @Alena @ughgabriel @thecptz

3 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

miguel don't eliminate me, i bring you the ratings!

3 minutes ago, Hug said:

Eliminate gabe so he can focus on his hosting gig

oop, Hug's right. You're automatically eliminated @ughgabriel, lemme just go ahead and post the semi-finals! 

NlOfJc3.png

CRANES IN THE SKY - Incredible GRAMMY-winning smash. Beautiful production, beautiful lyrics, beautiful Solange.

TWO WEEKS - Mega classic. Still her best song probably.

PAPER PLANES - Nice for a throwback. Another classic.

CELLOPHANE - I don't listen to it much anymore, but it's hauntingly beautiful.

I LIKE IT - Beyond tired of this at this point, no shade. I loved it back in the day, though.

Solange - Cranes in the Sky

This is chill. It’s nice! I think she is talented and a good artist. But the songs that I’ve heard from her are not something that I would listen to, by choice. Not because the songs aren’t good, but I think her music is just not for me :(

But it is pleasant overall and her voice is actually very pretty!

FKA twigs - cellophane

I don’t know if it’s because I’m such a fan of hers but this song is so gooooood! I always try to sing along to this song when it comes on because it’s just so good! I even try to mimic that beatbox rhythm in the background. It’s one of those songs that really channel the emotion behind the lyrics!

M.I.A. - Paper Planes
Classic! Honestly this is a high quality, very distinctive song. It has such a good vibe. This is the first time where I’m paying attention to the lyrics since when it came out I wasn’t familiar with the language and it’s very political. Woke queen! Love it

FKA twigs - Two Weeks

I CAN F*** YOU BETTER THAN HER is such a moment! This is such a good song! To me it was definitely a grower but when it finally hit, whew! Love the instrumental in this song and yeah, really nice! Very good song <3

Cardi B - I Like It
This is such a bop and I really like it but I’m a little bit over it since it was so overplayed recently. I’ve always thought J Balvin was kind of unnecessary in this track

RJDu4jb.png

Solange - Cranes In The Sky: It's nice.

FKA Twigs - Two Weeks: The only song of her I would go out of my way to listen to

M.I.A. - Paper Planes: Bitch it's the classic

FKA Twigs - cellophane: I don't like her but this is gawjus EKp-iYgXUAA4XDE.jpg:large

Cardi B - I Like It: I was obsessed in 2018. Cute banger

alena's thots

218086a5e58545e91d1b589b61a79f09a16af1ad.pngc71f9325636a76d2248a3bb06517771f6e188675.png

CRANES IN THE SKY - she has a very beautiful voice.

TWO WEEKS - very good

PAPER PLANES - i've always loved this song, super fun.

CELLOPHANE - gorgeous.

I LIKE IT - Cardi a queen! Super fun summery sing.

dyc7jf.png

very gorgeous song,  her voice here is very beautiful and soothing

FKA Twigs - Two Weeks

very very pretty song, love it

M.I.A. - Paper Planes

not a huge fan of this tbh, it's not bad, but just not for me. Too much going on for me to fully enjoy it.

FKA Twigs - cellophane

love this as well, the production is quite mesmerizing tbh

Cardi B - I Like It

huge bop me thinks

the way fka twigs slaying the acclaimed round

• ATRL Moderator

dN3PQdL.png

This is well produced and the melody is beautiful. I don't know how often I would revisit it personally but I enjoyed it.

FKA Twigs - Two Weeks

Love this! I've never really gotten into FKA Twigs but this is really excellent.

M.I.A. - Paper Planes

tenor.gif

FKA Twigs - cellophane

Compared to Two Weeks, this song is underwhelming. I can see how people would like it atmospherically, but it was the only song that really dragged on for me this round honestly.

Cardi B - I Like It

This song feels a bit out of place in this round tbh. We have all of these avant-garde, original songs and then here's a massive hit that samples another track... do I like this song? Absolutely yes. Major bop! Does it live to up the quality of the top songs here? I don't think so.

WRxt6dP.png

I mentioned the last time that Solange was submitted that I’ve never been able to get into her, and that continues to apply. This is at least MUCH better than the other song by her that was used earlier this season, but this doesn’t do anything for me beyond just being a chill listen that got kind of boring by the end.

FKA Twigs - Two Weeks

I really like basically everything about this. Super captivating production and tons of cool moments throughout the melody and vocal delivery. I would definitely listen to this again.

M.I.A. - Paper Planes

A truly excellent classic. This song has such a unique personality to it that makes it enjoyable to listen to every single time. I will say it feels more repetitive than I remember, but overall I still really like this song.

FKA Twigs - cellophane

I really like the instrumental, the minimalist piano worked well for me. The melody and vocals are also quite captivating. This kept my attention in a positive way, I liked it.

Cardi B - I Like It

Such a strong definition of a massive summer bop. Her flow on this is just SO catchy and the chorus incorporates the sample so well. Bad Bunny’s verse is also excellent. J Balvin’s verse is weaker and I feel like the song could have ended before it got to him tbh, but overall this is a super enjoyable bop.

cranes in the sky: masterpiece, beautiful, amazing

two weeks: masterpiece, beautiful, amazing

paper planes: cute classic bop but not masterpiece, beautiful, amazing

cellophane: beautiful song but two weeks is much better

i like it: fun bop but its not masterpiece, beautiful, amazing

Fruity critiques ~

Cranes in the Sky - outstandingly, unreasonably, illustriously and hauntingly beautiful 

cellophane - it’s nice. A bit grating. Makes me feel a bit anxious honestly

Paper Planes - it’s a classic, which has nostalgia value, but doesn’t do too much for me other than that really. The lyrics are definitely interesting. The incorporation of real world sounds in the chorus is very cool too. The beat is kind of cool but definitely gets annoying. The verses have a very monotonous sound

Two Weeks - I always thought I despised this album and vocalised my hatred for it regularly considering its cult status but I should probably try it again now that my music taste has developed. Anyway this was good, way better than I remember, I prefer this to cellophane actually 

I Like It - this is definitely a mega bop and the combination of production elements and fusion of genre is quite extraordinary in this track. The sample incorporation is perfect. There’s kind of so many twists and developments packed into 4 minutes. It’s definitely more intricate than people give it credit for... Music doesn’t have to be pretentious to be good. Although I agree J Balvin doesn’t live up to Cardi and Bunny

~ end

Edited by Fruity

8qZHuaM.png

wow i've listened to this once and didn't like it that much.. but NOW, this is just so AMAZING

everything in this song is literally so good :weeps: maybe she did something! #woke

FKA Twigs - cellophane

ooooooh the transition from cranes in the sky to cellophane :jonny2:

i will always LOVE this song... i still remember the first time i listened to this, i was GAGGED :weeps: yup yup

M.I.A. - Paper Planes

this is such a classic :jamming: the lyrics are great but its just a cute next to gorgeous kinda thing :'(

FKA Twigs - Two Weeks

okay miss thing :heart: this is like the song that made me get into her. now that i listen to this, i should revisit her old stuff yup!

anyways, THIS IS AMAZING :weeps: its one of the most sexual songs i've heard and the bridge makes me uXqK9EQ.png AHHHHHHHHHH

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Cardi B - I Like It

omg a big bop :jamming: a song of summer tbh!!! this is such a feel good song. i always bop my lil ass when i listen to it yup

overall, this is such a strong round!! we did that tbh

aLsEZaR.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.