STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

0bCEVtT.png

Send your rankings through PM or discord (preferably discord). We're ranking each group separately, so send me your rankings from 1-5 for the long songs and your rankings from 1-5 for the short songs.

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-5:

1. ex:  All I Want for Christmas Is You [BEST SONG]

2. ex: Without You [2ND BEST SONG]

5. ex: We Belong Together [WORST SONG]

When sending me your rankings PLEASE send ONLY the song title spelled out correctly. Not the artist or the numeration. Capitalization doesn't matter, but grammar does! This will help make it much easier for me to manage and order the rankings!

ENTRIES | LONG

Spotify

Spoiler

Beach House - Lazuli
Hatchie - Obsessed
Tinashe - Bet
Jessie Ware - Remember Where You Are
Grimes - Realiti
Adele - One And Only

ENTRIES | SHORT

Spotify

Spoiler

Bazzi - No Way!
Kali Uchis - Gotta Get Up
Billie Eilish - goodbye
Hwa Sa - Nobody Else
SZA - Wavy
Mitski - Lonesome Love 

DEADLINE

You have 24 hours, until September 25th, 10AM EDT, to send in your rankings

If everyone sends in their rankings sooner, i will PTR sooner as well. 

Please post your critiques if you can! 

@clue @Fruity @Legend E @Alena  @ughgabriel @thecptz

Grimes better win the long songs group since the one who sent Adele kinda ****ed up and should have sent I Miss You instead of One and Only.

Yes, Penis Size Is Genetic — But It Isn't That Simple

LAZULI - One of Beach House's best songs, easily. The production is timeless.

OBSESSED - Reminds me of like... a song from a Lizzie McGuire movie if the show was in 2019. Not bad at all. But it definitely overstays its welcome, imo.

BET - The collapse....... and how have I never noticed that this is nearly 6 minutes long? Wheww back when Tinashe was worthwhile.

REMEMBER WHERE YOU ARE - Boring as **** no shade. Kinda reminded me of a Janelle Monáe album track.

REALITI - I've always felt that this was super overrated. Still good, but not my favorite on the album.

ONE AND ONLY - The randomness. This is corny as ****, but not in a charming or fun way. It's a naorw from me.

Dinky ONE Is The Dating Site For Men With A Small Penis

NO WAY! - Extremely basic. NO way!

GOTTA GET UP - Pretty, I guess.

GOODBYE - Didn't like this album whatsoever, but this is secretly cute. I think I like it because it's short, so her crooning doesn't have a chance to get on my nerves.

NOBODY ELSE - Not really inch resting, but it wasn't bad at all. 

WAVY - A vibe or w.e.

LONESOME LOVE - Cute gal. Not one of my favorite half-songs from this album, but it's cute enough.

LONG 

Beach House - Lazuli 

I haven't heard a lot of Beach House but the entries that have been sent to this game and a couple of other songs. This song is nice, I enjoyed it. When it first started I was really intrigued by the instrumental but honestly I got over it halfway through. I wish they would've switched it up, either the melodies or the instrumental. I enjoyed it overall but I don't think it was the strongest entry.

Hatchie - Obsessed

I really like the whole vibe and instrumentation of this song. The chorus is really pretty. Even if it's not that dynamic, I thought it was catchy and interesting enough to make the whole song enjoyable. Saving this one tbh <3

Tinashe - Bet

Great vocals and mesmerizing production. Probably my favorite discovery this round. It has a very dynamic structure. Love long songs like this one <3

Honestly, I didn't like this that much. Her voice is pretty but the melodies aren't really strong. I was kind of annoyed by the choir driven chorus. The instrumental was nice!

Grimes - Realiti

This was probably the song that got me into Grimes! In my top 3 from her for sure. There is something about that beat that stands out for me so much and I think the chorus' melody is really strong. Great pick!

Adele - One And Only

It's Adele... It's your average ballad... It's nice but it's not as exciting as the other entries. The bridge is probably my favorite thing from the song; it uses the choir in a better way than Jessie did in her song. Of course her voice is really strong, but idk if the song itself was enough for me to find it memorable...

SHORT 

Bazzi - No Way!

This is very Post Malone/Swae Lee but I dig it! It's actually better than the "Spoil My Night" song that was sent a couple of rounds ago. Funny, but I actually kinda wish this was longer / a full song

I liked the sound of this but it does feel a bit too much like an interlude. What I mean by that is that I wouldn't necessarily listen to it out of the context of the album. I kinda wish this was longer / a full song [2]

Billie Eilish - goodbye

I kinda wish this was shorter / a non existent song

Hwa Sa - Intro : Nobody else

OMG :jonny: This is an actual short song! That drop was so gooooood

SZA - Wavy

I'm having the same problem I had with the Kali Uchis song. Sounds too much like an interlude and I wouldn't listen to it out of the context of the album, I think this one was more successful though. I kinda wish this was longer / a full song [3]

Mitski - Lonesome Love

This is pretty n I would use this for a short christmas video with my friends or something

Edited by ughgabriel

dyc7jf.png

Beach House - Lazuli

it's a YES from me, the production alone >>>>>

the way it gets a little louder as the song goes on, wheeeeew

emote.gif

Hatchie - Obsessed

Ooooh, i like this quite a lot. The production is great as well.

The chorus is a bit too repeated throughout the song, wish they would've added more verses or different elements instead.

Tinashe - Bet

YUP, another top notch production. The electric guitar at the end, wheeeww 

emote.png

Tis isn't bad whatsoever and actually a very pleasant listen, but like, it's without a doubt one of the weaker entries here, especially after the triple punch that was the first three songs.

Grimes - Realiti

I'm usually a Grimes hater because most of her music is just, well, very noisy to me, but this is GREAT tbh. The production is amazing and super interesting/captivating, the vocals actually work for once, and the song is just a VIBE

emote.gif

Adele - One And Only

BEAUTIFUL song, love the melody, and her voice is amazing as always

dyc7jf.png

Bazzi - No Way!

i actually enjoyed this nn, cute bop

I do not like her voice... like at all. Song is very bad and very boring.

Billie Eilish - goodbye

This is fine, but very uninteresting. It's just a small recompilation of all the songs on the album, so it's just very 'eh'.

Hwa Sa - Nobody Else

YUP, this is great. LOVE the production

SZA - Wavy

yup yup yup, bop :katie2:

Mitski - Lonesome Love

it's cute i guess

6 minutes ago, minho said:

Billie Eilish - goodbye

winner!

tea, my #1 from bottom to top! 

1 hour ago, ughgabriel said:

tea, my #1 from bottom to top! 

oh wow at this tea!

RJDu4jb.png

Beach House - Lazuli: The instrumental is nice but the vocals ruin it

Hatchie - Obsessed: A bop :clap3:

Tinashe - Bet: YUP!

Jessie Ware - Remember Where You Are: YUP! [2]

Grimes - Realiti: I prefer the demo but it's still a bop

Adele - One And Only: Takes me back to 2011.. not bad at all I just like other songs in this group better

Bazzi - No Way!: Not him

Kali Uchis - Gotta Get Up: Groovy

Billie Eilish - goodbye: Cute

Hwa Sa - Nobody Else: The way this was better than Maria

SZA - Wavy: The guy was not needed but giphy.gif

Mitski - Lonesome Love: She's not my cup of tea

? alena's thots ?

9a6fe2142fc8da953f9ff2d9b5dfd80b3eec91c9.jpg

LAZULI - Well at a point it did get fairly repeative but it was still pretty good.

OBSESSED - Yes i like this :3

BET - this is pretty awesome! lovely

REMEMBER WHERE YOU ARE - i donut like this.

REALITI - love this :3

ONE AND ONLY - well i've always loved adele and this song is no expection! not my fave by her but it's still very nice.

dYbxUOo.gif

NO WAY! - pretty good actually! enjoyable.

GOTTA GET UP - idk it kinda went nowhere tbh.

GOODBYE - this is nice :3

NOBODY ELSE - very beautiful. *cries*

WAVY - it's ok.

LONESOME LOVE - it's ok.

??

WRxt6dP.png

LONG

Beach House - Lazuli

Wow this is stunning. Up until this point I never understood why Beach House kept being submitting when I thought they were nothing special, but this song makes me understand better why some people are so high on them. The last minute or so got a bit repetitive, but other than that I really liked how ethereal and pretty this was.

Hatchie - Obsessed

This song manages to somehow be fun, fast-paced and catchy while also being really mature and relaxing at the same time. Made for a very enjoyable listen, I really liked this and the 5 minutes flew by honestly.

Tinashe - Bet

This is definitely one of the better Tinashe songs I’ve heard. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t feeling this that much for most of the song (it was good, but I was having trouble really getting into it), but the outro is EXCELLENT and definitely bumped the song up a bit in my ranking.

Hm, this may be an example of “cute next to gorgeous.” It’s far from a bad song and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, but it falls a bit flat compared to the other songs in this group.

Grimes - Realiti

It’s cute? Kind of falls into the same category as the Jessie Ware song for me. I enjoyed the listen but it felt pretty unmemorable compared to the stronger songs in this group.

Adele - One And Only

Possibly Adele’s most underrated song ever. I’ve always loved this song, the melody is one of her most beautiful melodies in my opinion and her vocals are top-notch here.

SHORT

Bazzi - No Way!

This song feels like it’s been done a million times before in the last 3 or so years. Not actively terrible, but very bland.

Her vocals are really nice here. I just wish so much of this song wasn’t taken up by the pretty repetitive instrumental - in a song that’s already so short, it felt like the intro and outro took up too much of it.

Billie Eilish - goodbye

Risky choice here. It will probably do well enough with me because I’m obsessed with this album and this song acts as an excellent epilogue to it. But I’m not sure how I’d feel about this in isolation if I wasn’t a fan of the album as a whole.

Hwa Sa - Nobody Else
This is very nice. I like how it uses its short time well - it keeps moving and changing and packs a lot into 2 minutes without feeling messy. A good example of a short song that feels complete and interesting.

SZA - Wavy

Both of their vocal deliveries on this kind of annoy me tbh. Didn’t hate it, but definitely one of the weaker songs in this group for me.

Mitski - Lonesome Love 

Really strong conclusion to this group. I really need to listen to more Mitski already. Great vocals, great production, pretty melody and feels like its length is perfect for what it wanted to do.

• ATRL Moderator

z5f6d727973842.gif

z5f6d72c0ab2dd.gif

Lazuli

kinda boring and I am also not a fan of the vocals
Obsessed

it's cute tbh

Bet

legendaric
Remember Where You Are

not bad, but there are better songs on the album :thing: 
Realiti

it's okay
One And Only

meh your generic Adele song :katie: 

z5f6d741034d5e.gif

No Way!

girl why would you send this
Gotta Get Up

nothing special here either
goodbye

it's not like a highlight from her album or something
Nobody Else

ok i am absolutely not into k-pop but this is flawless

Wavy

i like 5 SZA songs and this is not one of them
Lonesome Love

decent

:heart:

15 hours ago, disruptive said:

btw that reminds me

Adele BANNED

so is beach house btw

LONG SONGS!!!

lazuli: this was very nice

obsessed: i love this a lot wow great song. added to library.

bet: WHEWWW one of tinashe's best songs easily. u truly snapped with this entry :praise:

remember where you are: this was cute! it honestly reminded me a lot of janelle monae but not as good so yeah <3

realiti: amazing song, it's not my FAVORITE from grimes but it's still excellent

one and only: pretty song but like usual adele was overshadowed from other songs in the round

SHORT SONGS!!!

no way!: it's not bad but it's nothing special so yeah

gotta get up: love kali but this is also nothing special i was bored

goodbye: i've always liked this song honestly, it's cute and pretty & i like how it's a compilation of the album

wavy: rlly good interlude even tho i hate interludes
lonesome love: i love mitski and i love this song

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.