Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

VUXFwox.png

Send your rankings through PM or discord (preferably discord). There are 7 entries, so I should receive 7 rankings.

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-6:

1. ex:  All I Want for Christmas Is You [BEST SONG]

2. ex: Without You [2ND BEST SONG]

6. ex: We Belong Together [WORST SONG]

When sending me your rankings PLEASE send ONLY the song title spelled out correctly. Not the artist or the numeration. Capitalization doesn't matter, but grammar does! This will help make it much easier for me to manage and order the rankings!

ENTRIES

Spotify

Spoiler

Ava Max - Tattoo
Charli XCX - 1999
Gorillaz - DARE
Halsey - 3am
Kim Petras - Do Me
Melanie Martinez - Dead To Me
Sam Smith - Restart

DEADLINE

You have 24 hours, until September 23th, 10AM EDT, to send in your rankings

If everyone sends in their rankings sooner, i will PTR sooner as well. 

Please post your critiques if you can! 

@clue @Fruity @Legend E @Alena  @ughgabriel @thecptz @Rence

This round was very hard. If A FEW more letters had been available :deadbanana2:

Anyways let me listen now so I don't hold up the round again

F8vxXlm.jpg

Tattoo: It's... very inoffensive and mostly cute. But probably the closest this album comes to filler

1999: OMG this song is really a big big bop ! it feels retro and modern at the same time? I might have overplayed it but i still love!

DARE: this was an inspired choice, i really love it! Idk if others will but?? I hope so. Takes me v back to the mid noughties when my brother would spam this album

3am: this album as a whole is a big no from me. this track in particular is okay... i'll give it a few more listens and see if it grows on me. I hope the shelven pandering works for you

Do Me: I have actually blocked K*m P*tras on Spotify so I've had to youtube this. Let me just say I do not like her voice at all and her music is extremely cheap and grating to me. Like she just kind of wore me down. Yes the melodies are infectious (this song included) but I just got so bored of her always autoplaying after one of my playlists finishes

Dead To Me: this was... a bold choice. I've never heard this and don't ever intend to listen to her material in full. However I don't necessarily hate this. I'm not sure what I think yet, it will definitely need a couple more listens to determine its placing.. the jury is out x

Restart: this is an interesting one for me. I bought this album for my mum so I mainly have heard it in the car with her lol. Overall the song is definitely very listenable, but it's trying to be quite a lot of things at once. Some of the production elements are quite random and dated/derivative, but it kind of still works? The piano is pushing it toward typical uplifting/corny Sam Smith territory, but the percussion is giving me more UK'd garage elements, and the guitar refrain is kind of cool but seems from a different genre entirely. The glitchy breakdown at 2:30 is kind of messy, but not unenjoyable. Idk!!! Not sure how but they kind of pull the song together semi effectively

Edited by Fruity

7 minutes ago, Fruity said:

Do Me: I have actually blocked K*m P*tras on Spotify so I've had to youtube this.

PLS

Ava Max - Tattoo

Love this chorus! The last part with the “ooh-na-na” and those high notes are reaaally good! The verses are a bit forgettable but I really like this song overall. Probably my favorite song on the album along with Belladonna.

Charli XCX, Troye Sivan - 1999

Gonna be honest, this song was rotten on arrival. It’s very uninteresting, musically and lyrically. The prechorus is cute.

Gorillaz - DARE

This is a classic. I don’t think it’s the best song here BUT it’s a really good song nonetheless! It has a lot of personality and it’s very original, which I appreciate a lot.

Halsey - 3am

GREAT SONG! Honestly this brings me back to 2007. Back to the myspace days where I would listen to emo and punk music all the time. It channels that energy so effectively. This chorus is one of her best. The delivery is soooo good! Love it <3

Kim Petras - Do Me

This is actually really good and I kind of feel it could’ve smashed if it was released by a more well known artist? The verses are seductive and the chorus is very anthemic! Love the melodies in this one too.

I really like Melanie’s artistry and I believe she’s really clever! At times her productions can be very busy but I think this song is SO GOOD. The soothing music in this song goes so well with her vocals. I feel like it encapsulates the best parts of her music: a quality of eeriness and a fresh take on indie pop.

Sam Smith - Restart

I think this song is good and interesting! It’s enjoyable but I have always had an issue with their voice on pop songs. I think some productions can make it sound a bit annoying; like you can appreciate the talent but it’s just no very pleasant. In this song, I loved the chorus and those parts where they would sing with their head voice, but the others where they sang with their chest voice, it was a little off putting. Good song overall!

NlOfJc3.png

TATTOO - Uninspired cheap production, corny/childish lyrics. This is a disaster :rip: no shade.

1999 - Iconic BOP. Should've smashed harder. The hooks all over this song are still incredibly catchy.

DARE - Fun bop.

3AM - One of Halsey's best songs.

DO ME - One of Kim's best songs.

DEAD TO ME - So random, but it was a classic back in the day.

RESTART - Not great, but not horrible at all.

YTcriticize.jpg

tattoo: okay this was surprisingly a bop I'm a maxipad now

1999: never cared for this one, very boring and basic to me.

dare: not for me sorry

3 am: BOP!!!!!!!! i forgot how good this song was!!!!

do me: cute little bop yup

dead to me: i was so confused as to why everybody was confused about dead to me by kali being sent but then i realized this ISN'T kali... anyways this is probably one of the better melanie songs I've heard

restart: this is pretty nice i think? i can't tell if i like it or not

YTcriticize.jpg

dead to me: i was so confused as to why everybody was confused about dead to me by kali being sent but then i realized this ISN'T kali... anyways this is probably one of the better melanie songs I've heard

YTcriticize.jpg

WRxt6dP.png

Ava Max - Tattoo

This is very cute. The chorus is a bit too bubblegum-y for me, but the verses were fun and catchy. Late 2000s/early 2010s dance pop style music gets too much hate today, can’t wait for 2040 when this genre is considered cool and nostalgic.

Charli XCX - 1999

Ok wait this is a BOP. I never listened to this when it first came out because I always assumed a Charli and Troye collab would be annoying to me. But I actually liked this a lot! It’s so fun.

Gorillaz - DARE

Hm, the instrumental is catchy and it has some interesting moments, but gets repetitive pretty quickly and kinda begins to drag? Like this would be a great 2:30 song but pushing this to 4 minutes really felt like a STRETCH. I did like it, but definitely not my favourite thing here.

Halsey - 3am

5 hours ago, Fruity said:

I hope the shelven pandering works for you

Well IT DID!! Love this song, one of my favourites on Manic which is already a very underrated album that gets too much hate. This gives me peak early/mid-2000s female pop rock in the best way possible. We STAN! (God I wish those last 20 seconds were a separate album interlude though ugh)

Kim Petras - Do Me

I know a lot of gays stan her, but I’ve never been able to get into her music. I know this is gonna feel contradictory to my Tattoo critique, but something about her particular brand of electro-pop just feels especially generic and grating? Like this isn’t terrible, but I feel nothing listening to it.

The intro really wasn’t it for me, but the rest of the song isn’t bad. I’m not one of those people who really doesn’t like Melanie’s style, but I will say this song feels kind of bland for her? The production is nice, I just wish the melody were more interesting.

Sam Smith - Restart

The way I skip this song every time it comes up on my shuffle ffff. Something about it is just very boring to me. It feels like it’s trying to be a lot of different songs at once, and the result is that it’s not particularly a good or interesting example of any of the types of songs it was going for.

15 minutes ago, Touch It said:

omg we have the same opinions @Navyofbadgals

YTcriticize.jpg

Omg what a coincidence bestie

dyc7jf.png

Ava Max - Tattoo

it's an ava max song... :riri2:

Charli XCX - 1999

It's charli xcx with troye sivan... but it's not the worst thing here/

Gorillaz - DARE

I agree that this goes on for too much but it's not the worst thing here either.

Halsey - 3am

not a fan of this album at all but this is one of the few cute/decent songs on it, and holds up quite well this round too

Kim Petras - Do Me

I wanted to hate this but it's a bop, whew

Very bland/unremarkable.

Sam Smith - Restart

Cute enough

7 minutes ago, disruptive said:

Charli XCX - 1999

It's charli xcx with troye sivan... but it's the worst thing here/

Agree!

alena's thots

STREAM LA DI DA

7a43cb510719f34a770b4ae8ad1b1ed2923f1c37.jpg278e1ff2d31765719a945c07b34ac274014cab6b.jpg

Ava Max - Tattoo

it's cute but nowhere near the best on her album.

Charli XCX - 1999

not my favorite Charli song but it's super fun and catchy!

Gorillaz - DARE

don't like it sorry ?

Halsey - 3am

a good song, yes!

Kim Petras - Do Me

i love her music and i love this song too! trans goddess ♡

i've always loved Melanie and her music and this song is no expection, iconic ♡

Sam Smith - Restart

well it's not my least favorite this round, but i wouldn't play this again.

• ATRL Moderator

dN3PQdL.png

Ava Max - Tattoo

Honestly this is probably one of the weakest songs on Heaven & Hell... I can't get into it all the way but it is still super cute and I think it will grow on me!

Charli XCX - 1999

It's so funny to me that people are criticizing this even though they usually love Charli. I am the opposite... I usually am NOT into Charli at all, but I really love this song. It's such a bop and as soon as it came on I was singing along!

Gorillaz - DARE

This is not for me unfortunately. I actually listened to it twice and liked it less the 2nd time :deadbanana2:

Halsey - 3am

Really strong choice and one of the best songs on Manic! Feels fresh yet nostalgic. I wish she didn't tack on that messy outro though.

Kim Petras - Do Me

Another song I've always enjoyed and actually one that came to mind when I was thinking of songs for this round! The melody is nothing innovative but it packs an addictive punch. Good choice.

The production of this song was kind of interesting to me... but the melody was super clunky. It felt like she was forcing the story into specific notes and I didn't vibe w that part.

Sam Smith - Restart

I wanted to like this more. I get what he was trying to go for with the atmosphere but it all came across as kind of dull.

2 hours ago, Alena said:

alena's thots

STREAM LA DI DA

7a43cb510719f34a770b4ae8ad1b1ed2923f1c37.jpg278e1ff2d31765719a945c07b34ac274014cab6b.jpg

Ava Max - Tattoo

it's cute but nowhere near the best on her album.

Charli XCX - 1999

not my favorite Charli song but it's super fun and catchy!

Gorillaz - DARE

don't like it sorry ?

Halsey - 3am

a good song, yes!

Kim Petras - Do Me

i love her music and i love this song too! trans goddess ♡

i've always loved Melanie and her music and this song is no expection, iconic ♡

Sam Smith - Restart

well it's not my least favorite this round, but i wouldn't play this again.

ur critiques are so cute

RJDu4jb.png

Ava Max - Tattoo: Pop perfection Psycho

Charli XCX - 1999: Cute bop

Gorillaz - DARE: Not for me x

Halsey - 3am: Yeah it's cute I use

Kim Petras - Do Me: Classic

Melanie Martinez - Dead To Me: I don't like her

Sam Smith - Restart: This is quite cute for him

Ava Max - Tattoo

skippable album filler

Charli XCX - 1999

that chorus is boring as hell, the verses were cute at least

Gorillaz - DARE

bathroom break, this might sound better on my 2nd listen

Halsey - 3am

one of the few halsey songs that I use

Kim Petras - Do Me

cute basic bop

it's not bad, but it's just there...

Sam Smith - Restart

sounds bland, what the hell is that bridge

• ATRL Moderator

z5f6ac5aed0da8.gif

Tattoo

not really the best on the album, as a few others said it's quite a filler :katie: 

literally always hated this
DARE

i mean i'm not a fan of theirs anyway, but they have a few better songs than this
Halsey - 3am

a cute bop i guess
Kim Petras - Do Me

basic as hell, but one of the better entries
Dead To Me

will be somewhere in the middle i guess
Restart

maybe you snapped

8 hours ago, Legend E said:

z5f6ac5aed0da8.gif

pls

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.