TOTC Final Projections (POPSTAR #3, GREECE #8, Go Crazy #10)

onewillowsilk

Edited by onewillowsilk

Go Crazy +16?! :lmao:

Another top 10 for ChrisT ahhhh 

We love an organic hit and continued SUCCESS

The way I always (and continue) to WIN :jonny5:

Edited by FAME.

7 minutes ago, FAME. said:

ChrisT winning again with this bop :jonny5: we’re probably (hopefully) looking at another NG trajectory

B-b-but Drake!1 :isudumblmao:

I didn't know those Khaled songs were actually doing that well, but Drake his power :rip: 

Dua's Break My Heart :clap3: 

WAIT, CHRIS :omg: 

5 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

ChrisT winning again with this bop :jonny5: we’re probably (hopefully) looking at another NG trajectory

B-b-but Drake!1 :isudumblmao:

No Guidance debuted in the top 10 and spent 23 weeks there. Chris Brown's biggest hit on the Hot 100 based on chart performance. Taylor's debuts will probably push Go Crazy out of the top 10 next week even if it manages to get into the top 10 tomorrow and there's no guarantee that it'll spend as many weeks in the top 10 as No Guidance. 

Yes, Drake had a lot to do with the success of No Guidance with how easily he scores top 10 hits. 

14 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

No Guidance debuted in the top 10 and spent 23 weeks there. Chris Brown's biggest hit on the Hot 100 based on chart performance. Taylor's debuts will probably push Go Crazy out of the top 10 next week even if it manages to get into the top 10 tomorrow and there's no guarantee that it'll spend as many weeks in the top 10 as No Guidance. 

Yes, Drake had a lot to do with the success of No Guidance with how easily he scores top 10 hits. 

He gets quick top 10's easily but they rarely have the amount of longevity as No Guidance. The only Drake song ever, out of all his hits, to spend as much time in the top 10 as NG is God's Plan :rip:

No Guidance is literally one of Drake's biggest hits himself. It spent more weeks in the top 10 than any of Drake's top 10's ever and is literally, according to Billboard, one of Drake's biggest hits :rip: it's one of the biggest hits for BOTH of them. It's his 2nd longest running top 10 and his song with the most weeks on top of R&B/Hip Hop charts. It was a huge success for them BOTH. Not just for Chris so yall need to dead it.

Edited by FAME.

42 minutes ago, FAME. said:

He gets quick top 10's easily but they rarely have the amount of longevity as No Guidance. The only Drake song ever, out of all his hits, to spend as much time in the top 10 as NG is God's Plan :rip:

No Guidance is literally one of Drake's biggest hits himself. It spent more weeks in the top 10 than any of Drake's top 10's ever and is literally, according to Billboard, one of Drake's biggest hits :rip: it's one of the biggest hits for BOTH of them. It's his 2nd longest running top 10 and his song with the most weeks on top of R&B/Hip Hop charts. It was a huge success for them BOTH. Not just for Chris so yall need to dead it.

Of course it was a huge success for the both of them. That's how features work :skull:

Many of Drake's songs don't chart in the top 10 for long because of how many other Drake songs they usually have to compete with. No Guidance and Life Is Good dominanted in a time when they didn't have competition with other Drake songs as he wasn't pushing any singles when they were out. That helped a lot. 

Drake not only get hits for himself, but for other people and he's the most consistent at doing both. 

List of people who got their first top 10 hit on a song with Drake:

DJ Khaled

Rick Ross

A$AP Rocky

Kendrick Lamar 

2 Chainz

Future

Travis Scott

BlocBoy JB

Meek Mill

Lil Baby

Drake also gave Bad Bunny his first and so far, only top 5 hit in the US as a lead act. 

A$AP Rocky, Rick Ross, Meek Mill, BlocBoy JB and Future all have their biggest hits on songs with Drake and Drake doesn't do nearly as many features as Chris. 

As of tomorrow, he'll have 24 more top 10 hits than Chris. 25, if Go Crazy doesn't reach the top 10 tomorrow. 

Let's not act like Chris is some kind of dominant hitmaker. He isn't. Before No Guidance last year, his last top 10 hit as a lead artist was in 2014 with Loyal (which had Lil Wayne and Tyga as featured acts).

He dropped albums in 2015 and 2017 that didn't score any hits. Every single off his 2019 album flopped until No Guidance and now that he manages to score a hit with Go Crazy (which is a GREAT song btw), you're acting like he's some consistent hitmaker and it's hilarious because it's untrue. 

I never said he NEEDS Drake (that would be ridiculous because Chris has 14 top 10 hits without him), but acting like the success of No Guidance didn't have a lot to do with Drake is like saying Sicko Mode was as huge of a hit only because of Travis Scott. It just isn't true. 

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Chris brown has beaten all expectations 

:rip:

The way you needed no guidance for that shade:coffee:

Kudos to Chris. Now ATRL will explode if he messes around and locks in a #1 hit.

Whew, chile 2020 is not playing with the world.

rockstar is peaking on streaming. 

looks like we are in a lull where a few #1 debuts can occur if timed right.

10 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

Of course it was a huge success for the both of them. That's how features work :skull:

Many of Drake's songs don't chart in the top 10 for long because of how many other Drake songs they usually have to compete with. No Guidance and Life Is Good dominanted in a time when they didn't have competition with other Drake songs as he wasn't pushing any singles when they were out. That helped a lot. 

Drake not only get hits for himself, but for other people and he's the most consistent at doing both. 

List of people who got their first top 10 hit on a song with Drake:

DJ Khaled

Rick Ross

A$AP Rocky

Kendrick Lamar 

2 Chainz

Future

Travis Scott

BlocBoy JB

Meek Mill

Lil Baby

Drake also gave Bad Bunny his first and so far, only top 5 hit in the US as a lead act. 

A$AP Rocky, Rick Ross, Meek Mill, BlocBoy JB and Future all have their biggest hits on songs with Drake and Drake doesn't do nearly as many features as Chris. 

As of tomorrow, he'll have 24 more top 10 hits than Chris. 25, if Go Crazy doesn't reach the top 10 tomorrow. 

Let's not act like Chris is some kind of dominant hitmaker. He isn't. Before No Guidance last year, his last top 10 hit as a lead artist was in 2014 with Loyal (which had Lil Wayne and Tyga as featured acts).

He dropped albums in 2015 and 2017 that didn't score any hits. Every single off his 2019 album flopped until No Guidance and now that he manages to score a hit with Go Crazy (which is a GREAT song btw), you're acting like he's some consistent hitmaker and it's hilarious because it's untrue. 

I never said he NEEDS Drake (that would be ridiculous because Chris has 14 top 10 hits without him), but acting like the success of No Guidance didn't have a lot to do with Drake is like saying Sicko Mode was as huge of a hit only because of Travis Scott. It just isn't true. 

Baby. I am not reading all of this lmao. 

Nobody is saying Drake didn't play a part or does not give people hits. But the appeal of No Guidance was the fact that it was BOTH of them on a song together which is why it was so major. It accomplished and broke records for both of them that they never achieved before. It is one of Drake's biggest hits as well as Chris'. They both played a part in the song's success :rip:

Not implying by any means that Go Crazy will amount to NG, it probably won't. 

Damn, top ten for Chris is a toss up lol

#9 - #12 are so close 

1 hour ago, FAME. said:

The points are too close:dancehall:

1 hour ago, FAME. said:

Baby. I am not reading all of this lmao. 

Nobody is saying Drake didn't play a part or does not give people hits. But the appeal of No Guidance was the fact that it was BOTH of them on a song together which is why it was so major. It accomplished and broke records for both of them that they never achieved before. It is one of Drake's biggest hits as well as Chris'. They both played a part in the song's success :rip:

Not implying by any means that Go Crazy will amount to NG, it probably won't. 

It's the same thing with Going Bad. People liked seeing Meek Mill and Drake on a song together after their beef but for the mere fact that neither Meek nor Chris had scored hits on their own for a long while prior to that happening, it means Drake played a huge part in those songs becoming the hits they were. That's all I'm saying. 

As for Go Crazy, personally, it's my song of the summer. I hope it sees the same kind of longevity on radio like No Guidance so it has some longevity because it isn't doing that well on streaming and it looks like the top 10 will be getting bombarded with new entries every week moving forward. 

The past few weeks: 

Top 10 debut for Pop Smoke (almost landed 2 songs in the top 10)

4 top 10 debuts for Juice WRLD (had a total of 5 songs in the top 10)

From tomorrow:

Two top 10 debuts for DJ Khaled/Drake

A couple of top 10 debuts for Taylor Swift next week

A top 10 debut for Billie Eilish the week after that. 

Lord knows who else will be dropping soon. Seems like everyone is ready to drop music now. 

Edited by onewillowsilk

7 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Damn, top ten for Chris is a toss up lol

#9 - #12 are so close 

It really is :jonny6:

I hope he gets it tomorrow because if he doesn't, Taylor is coming with 2, maybe 3 entries in the top 10 next week and that might keep Go Crazy out of the top 10 for an extra week. 

11 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The points are too close:dancehall:

I don't really care lol. Whether it's #10 #11 or #12 it's still a hit and a win for ChrisT. Especially since it would have gone top 10 already anyway if it wasn't for all these posthumus album bombs  :michael:

It was literally a random mixtape song that blew up organically so it even being in the discussion is a W regardless

1 hour ago, FAME. said:

Well Chris didn’t necessarily have a follow-up hit to cannibalize a former one. :rip: It shouldn’t be an expectation for a song to spend 6 months in the T10 if you’re running a fluid era. So yeah considering Drake followed GP with NFW, then IMF and Nonstop he might have less chances for one, single song to be the only thing that is supported by GP and nothing else. Call it “thanks to Drake” or Chris just didn’t have any other Drake/40 songs to release next, it’s only one or the other but both true.

And I don’t think anyone has said it is not one of Drake’s biggest hits. In fact it has been said he’s the main reason it was a hit. Which your post truly strengthens that argument. It does not hurt Drake to say he added another massive hit to his string of massive hits, amongst his other massive hits. It’s definitely Chris’ biggest hit in like 5-6 years.

Look at it this way, NG will always be another iron struck “Chris comeback” (i.e. LAMN, Freaky Friday, etc) - whereas it’s just another mammoth, memorable Drake hit. Most people love the beginning and Drake’s closing more than anything about the song anyway.

27 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Well Chris didn’t necessarily have a follow-up hit to cannibalize a former one. :rip: It shouldn’t be an expectation for a song to spend 6 months in the T10 if you’re running a fluid era. So yeah considering Drake followed GP with NFW, then IMF and Nonstop he might have less chances for one, single song to be the only thing that is supported by GP and nothing else. Call it “thanks to Drake” or Chris just didn’t have any other Drake/40 songs to release next, it’s only one or the other but both true.

And I don’t think anyone has said it is not one of Drake’s biggest hits. In fact it has been said he’s the main reason it was a hit. Which your post truly strengthens that argument. It does not hurt Drake to say he added another massive hit to his string of massive hits, amongst his other massive hits. It’s definitely Chris’ biggest hit in like 5-6 years.

Look at it this way, NG will always be another iron struck “Chris comeback” (i.e. LAMN, Freaky Friday, etc) - whereas it’s just another mammoth, memorable Drake hit. Most people love the beginning and Drake’s closing more than anything about the song anyway.

I couldn't have said any of this any better myself :clap3:

36 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Every hit Chris song is called his "comeback" when he didn't go anywhere. this is irrelevant. 

And nope No Guidance is a bigger hit than majority of Drake's songs. And also his biggest in years so?

It was so massive because it was both of them on a collab. I'm not arguing that it was solely due to Chris. But to argue that it was solely due to Drake when only ONE Drake song ever has had the longevity that No Guidance displayed is stupid. I could understand if Drake was just constantly putting out 23+ week top 10's but he's not. It was a milestone for them both. Period

Savage Remix! :soda: The little collab that could.  :clap3: Hopefully it can stay in the top 10 amidst the Taylor Swift bomb and utilize the buzz from Black Is King.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.