folklore +80.5M on Spotify, biggest female debut ever

Starkboy

You can honestly just not deny her impact and legacy. She will be around for years to come. These kind of numbers with an indie folk album? The ****ing SLAY. Also always here for more Bon Iver exposure so :clap3:

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• Starkboy

• Timber

• marsblyr

I love the album so much! Im happy it's also garnering success :clap3:

This album really does deserve this success, we love to see it :clap3:

Could any of the songs debut at #1?

the absolute STOMP :jonny5: imagine if she had the standard big album release Spotify payola with 3 songs on TTH and the #1 spot 

46 minutes ago, dussymob said:

Simn quitting predictions right before Taylor surprise drop an album. :rip:

you know what

tumblr_mzdma0q6oJ1qd8zg3o4_250.gif

5 hours ago, onewillowsilk said:

Not all of you getting cocky and talking down on Drake's numbers :skull:

All of you saying HE plastered his face all over Spotify playlist covers like Spotify didn't go out of their own way to do that. Drake never needed that playlist cover promo (which lasted less than 6 hours, btw) and all of you know that.

Also, don't forget that Scorpion did 170 million global streams on Apple Music in it's first day. Since you all have a lot to say about Spotify numbers.

Taylor's numbers are very impressive considering the conditions around the release of folklore, but I'll never understand why she can't just be celebrated without bringing another artist (who did better) into the picture and talking down on his own success. 

Well she is a woman in this male dominated industry, it’s just a testament to her power and her carrying women and representing as such :clap3: 

27 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Now THIS is an album of hers that deserved this success :clap3:

The Katycats feud has officially ended :clap3: Now Arianators are the salty ones for some reason :clap3: :clown:

4 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Well she is a woman in this male dominated industry, it’s just a testament to her power and her carrying women and representing as such :clap3: 

I never said she couldn't be celebrated. I'm also happy that folklore is doing so well.

My thing is that you don't have to talk down on one person's success to highlight the success of another person, which is what people in this thread were doing when they were speaking down on Scorpion's first-day Spotify numbers. 

The way this is a STREAMING monster in an era where hip hop and rap are DOMINATING charts

c28uw8s.gif

4 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

I never said she couldn't be celebrated. I'm also happy that folklore is doing so well.

My thing is that you don't have to talk down on one person's success to highlight the success of another person, which is what people in this thread were doing when they were speaking down on Scorpion's first-day Spotify numbers. 

That is true, however, I firmly believe that Drake just will never be touched because he is a male dominating the charts consistently in a male hip hop dominated industry, so the few people being delusional wbk, but this is healthy competition imo. Both artists have incredible accolades to their names in today’s climate and should be celebrated as such :clap3:

What's going on :ryan2:

Ok i didn’t see this was coming I was expecting a 50m debut :eek: 

Congratz :clap3: 

What is 80.5m streams in SPS? and how many of it comes from the US? 100k in the US from streaming only first day? 

The absolute STOMPAGE.  The way she's slaying with a surprise folk album with a bunch of 4+ minute songs with barely any playlisting.  I--------------------------------

She's unbelievable.  The power of Taylor Swift + GOOD music!

L0#1sER is ROTTING :clap3: 

19 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

The way France keeps ignoring her... I’m mad

Same with The Netherlands. Not one song in the top 50.

30 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

The way France keeps ignoring her... I’m mad

poland as well, tasteless

59 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

What is 80.5m streams in SPS? and how many of it comes from the US? 100k in the US from streaming only first day? 

Not sure how SPS works, but looks like over 45m of the streams are from the US.

1 hour ago, cuneytb said:

Just now, PurrKaty said:

Not sure how SPS works, but looks like over 45m of the streams are from the US.

42m is from US

that something around ~25k units

2 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

42m is from US

that something around ~25k units

She also did fine on apple music right? around 50k sps first day. She can end up doing 200k first week only SPS if she continues like this. Lets see how her physical copies are doing. 

1 minute ago, cuneytb said:

She also did fine on apple music right? around 50k sps first day. She can end up doing 200k first week only SPS if she continues like this. Lets see how her physical copies are doing. 

she slayed everything

and I think, but I may be wrong, Apple's and Pandora's streams are more "worthy" than Spotify's

This is absolutely insane :hoetenks: at first I thought this would only do around 30-40M :hoetenks: She just REFUSES to lose.

c28uw8s.gif

She's the most powerful artist in the world and no one can  deny it

She already had that huge back up with physical sales + tour but look now how is her streaming power :jonny5:

Queen of the world :jonny5:

I haven't been in love with a Taylor album like this since 1989, she deserves it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.