Billboard Hot 100: Ed #1 (12th week), Harry #4

KCLA

2 minutes ago, igetfilthy said:

Does Billboard count remixes and original versions as one now? Either way it's great to see a Spanish song in the top 10! 

I think this is just the beginning for Despacito

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• alexanderao

• brianc33710

16 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Having looked at all the numbers now I feel more confident about Humble being #1 

:weeps:

18 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Having looked at all the numbers now I feel more confident about Humble being #1 

Talent will top HOT 100 again. :clap3:

10 minutes ago, igetfilthy said:

WOOOO! At Kendrick slaying! 

Does Billboard count remixes and original versions as one now? Either way it's great to see a Spanish song in the top 10! 

What do you mean "now"? As long as I've been doing this they have added remixes and original versions together. 

I don't see any reason why it wouldnt count as 1 song and I've added them in my predictions.

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

What do you mean "now"? As long as I've been doing this they have added remixes and original versions together. 

I don't see any reason why it wouldnt count as 1 song and I've added them in my predictions.

I meant in general. But I remember hearing that they counted the Summer Time Sadness remix separately.  

33   XXX     148  (debut)

U2 is back to the Hot 100 :eddie:

41 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

8   Stay     278  (+6)

I cant believe the song will peak at the same place Scars did :toofunny3: Do you think the song can reach another peak in the future or thats it?

Kendrick REALLY deserves a #1 so I'm happy about this.

Also happy because Shape of You did not deserve to be a 12 week #1 (imo).

22 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

I think this is just the beginning for Despacito

#1 is next :gaycat4:

Drake, Kendrick, and Cole have now all had Top 10 debuts that likely fall down the charts quickly and don't become big hits in the end with their recent releases (Deja Vu, Portland, DNA).

With On-Demand Streaming's takeover one downside is we will probably go back to when songs could debut Top 10 then tumble down and never recover often like at the beginning of the digital era in 2005-2007.

# of t20 hits from an album, selected rappers:

Drake 2, 3, 4, 3, 5, 4

Eminem 4, 2, 2, 3, 2, 4

Jay-Z 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 2

Nicki 4, 2, 3

I think.

With On-Demand Streaming's takeover one downside is we will probably go back to when songs could debut Top 10 then tumble down and never recover often like at the beginning of the digital era in 2005-2007.

I thought streaming's takeover had no downsides and is amazing?

Edited by fridayteenage

7 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Cool

:lmao: You are so brutal

Shape of you does certainly deserve 12 weeks and more. It could have had 14 weeks by now.

It has totally dominated the charts. And its been a similar story globally where its dominated in all the big countries. Germany 15 weeks still top. France & UK over 13 weeks. Its as clear a bonafide global smash as you can get. Your subjective taste does not decide what is worthy.

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

That's a close call for CSTF and getting super recurrency.

be a shame if it misses by a week or two thanks to a flood of album tracks, that will be forgotten in a month,

Well I wish I could have forgotten CSTF a month after it came out bc it's that bad :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

That's a close call for CSTF and getting super recurrency.

be a shame if it misses by a week or two thanks to a flood of album tracks, that will be forgotten in a month,

Kendrick's tracks will be remembered a lot longer than a month lol.

QueenofCopyPaste

HUMBLE :duca:

QueenofCopyPaste

Couldnt be a more fitting song to dethrone Shape of You tbh :laugh:

Happy for Ed and Kendrick, but watch Ed start some challenge next week to bring SoY back to #1 :rip: 

5 minutes ago, Donald J. Trump said:

Happy for Ed and Kendrick, but watch Ed start some challenge next week to bring SoY back to #1 :rip: 

he could simply discount it loool.

36 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

Shape of you does certainly deserve 12 weeks and more. It could have had 14 weeks by now.

It has totally dominated the charts. And its been a similar story globally where its dominated in all the big countries. Germany 15 weeks still top. France & UK over 13 weeks. Its as clear a bonafide global smash as you can get. Your subjective taste does not decide what is worthy.

um i thought it was obvious that entire post was my subjective taste, lol (as are all of my posts). I spelled it out with the "imo" just in case but I guess that wasn't enough.

1 minute ago, Unbreakable Smile said:

he could simply discount it loool.

He'll do that when he's really desperate for the #1 spot :eli: 

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

1   Humble     534  (+2)

2   Shape Of You     515 (-1)  

Ed still with 500+ points, he will be back at #1 next week

2 minutes ago, Donald J. Trump said:

He'll do that when he's really desperate for the #1 spot :eli: 

lol i dont they want to keep it up because they want the 2nd singles to do well lol. but SOY is still doing very well in the US and UK for that to happen.

plus he doesn't need the discount either lol.

Edited by Unbreakable Smile

1 minute ago, Unbreakable Smile said:

lol i dont they want to keep it up because they want the 2nd singles to do well lol. but SOY is still doing very well in the US and UK for that to happen.

plus he doesn't need the discount either lol.

Yeah, you're right lol!