Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• alexanderao

• brianc33710

Chainsmokers :clap3::clap3: 

15 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Closer should've broken that record tbh

Closer never even cracked 200 M on its best MB AI daily peak, and stalled at around 155 M on BB's HRS. Closer was hurt by virtually zero airplay on English language formats outside of the Pop Quadrant. SOY, like UF, receives airplay at UAC & AAA (though minimal at least so far) whereas Closer couldn't break through at either.

Also, Closer had peaked at RHY long before it peaked at HAC. I feel certain Closer's combined peaks put it past 200 M, but that's still nowhere near SOY's 255+ M combined peaks (so far at least). Closer had amazing airplay longevity though, and SOY's incredible airplay right now could cause it to burn out quite quickly.

Finally, Closer only spent 15 weeks in the T 2, meaning without any significant competition, it would've stopped at 15 weeks. On the other hand, UF spent a record setting 18 weeks in the T 2 -- one week behind BS and 3 weeks behind SYA's suprise ascent to the top. So, UF definitely came the closest song to breaking OSD's 16 week #1 run. SOY will Also very likely hit 15 T2 weeks next week, having lost 2 #1 weeks to B&B. 

If Closer doesn't go super recurrent with all 52 weeks within the H 100's T 40, after tying and/or breaking longevity records in the T3, T5, and T10, I'll be beyond mad. This fall needs to level off ASAP. ?

Billboard need to stop random album tracks clogging up the charts. Its very damaging to other artists especially new artists trying to get those important chart positions. Its just not healthy for the music business as a whole. And its boring, period.

They can do something about tour ticket bundles too. They should be working to protect the integrity of the charts and stop the trickery that distorts and inflates certain artists figures.

reductive47aft.gif

Edited by Rentboy

20 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

No song below about 38-40 positions is safe anymore. All it takes is a streaming monster album to kill off songs and make then recurrent.

Bb probably didn't anticipate this situation when they made the new recurrent rule.

wait until we have a week with two big streaming albums debut and wipe out 20-30 songs in the 1-50 range, It's coming. Maybe then BB will make some changes.

Please read my message.

4 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

Billboard need to stop random album tracks clogging up the charts. Its very damaging to other artists especially new artists trying to get those important chart positions. Its just not healthy for the music business as a whole. And its boring, period.

They can do something about tour ticket bundles too. They should be working to protect the integrity of the charts and stop the trickery that distorts and inflates certain artists figures.

I have suggested something to stop this onslaught of album tracks once or twice a month. I'll share my idea with you later today. I've got to get to bed now lol.

I have hope that The Cure will end up going at least top 20 at some point. Gaga deserves to have hits tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Dolce Vita said:

I have hope that The Cure will end up going at least top 20 at some point. Gaga deserves to have hits tbh. 

Yes, she really deserves it! You're right!

4 minutes ago, Pacaveli said:

Yes, she really deserves it! You're right!

I know right? Million Reasons was a cute little hit but I would love to see a pop Gaga song do well in 2017. Let's hope she does that with The Cure. 

But even if she doesn't, her album sales are good but it's always nice to have a hit single, right? 

58a148a48275e89f0e8b47e2-

Edited by Dolce Vita

5 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

No song below about 38-40 positions is safe anymore. All it takes is a streaming monster album to kill off songs and make then recurrent.

Bb probably didn't anticipate this situation when they made the new recurrent rule.

wait until we have a week with two big streaming albums debut and wipe out 20-30 songs in the 1-50 range, It's coming. Maybe then BB will make some changes.

It already happened a year ago, "Hello" went recurrent because of 18 songs from Beyonce and Prince charting in the top 50.

5 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

There are only 15 songs on the Hot 100 right now with 20+ weeks... I'm pretty sure that a 20-30 songs going recurrent in 1 week thing is not coming. 

And the new recurrent rule is a completely different topic. 

3 hours ago, Agenor said:

It already happened a year ago, "Hello" went recurrent because of 18 songs from Beyonce and Prince charting in the top 50.

Yeah. I actually emailed Gary and Silvio suggesting they suspend 50/20 for a couple of weeks because of the onslaught of Prince, Beyonce, and Drake album tracks, but I never got an answer back from either of them, and obviously my suggestion was ignored.

I think if album tracks are charting high enough to be in the top 100 they have the right to debut and chart.

9 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

That's why I said 20-30... 

To to be clear, I wasn't also talking about songs debuting, but songs being knocked to recurrent because of that many debuting songs in the top tiers of the charts.

Again there are only 15 songs on the Hot 100 right now that are even eligibile to go recurrent if they fall below #50 and decrease in points.

4 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

The problem isn't so much them charging, but that these one or two week album tracks are killing off songs. Knocking some to recurrent. Knocking others off the lower part of the hot 100. Then the tracks are gone, as well as the other hits they knocked out.

sometimes the songs from 80-100 that got pushed off the charts can come back, but the loss of exposure for a week or two hurts them and their chart chances.

all for a week or two of a bunch of album tracks,  it's not good for the music industry.

Being at #80 on the Hot 100 is no exposure. Literally none. 

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

I think you get my point without needing to nitpick the exact number.

Also Both recurrent rules remove songs when they fall below a threshold after x weeks. Both recurrent rules therefore can be affected by a large number of debuting tracks.  So it isn't a different topic.  The topic is songs being knocked off by debuting tracks.  That can happen winbot recurrent rules, as well as low number songs being pushed below 100.

It's not nitpicking :rip:

There are 5-8 songs at most going recurrent in 1 week no matter how many album tracks debut at that time. 

And since the 52/25 recurrent rule we had like 8 songs go recurrent because of that and at least 7 maybe all 8 can't quite remember went recurrent immediately after 52 weeks. So yeah album tracks have no effect on that as everything is below #25 after 52 weeks anyways. 

2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Being at #80 on the Hot 100 is no exposure. Literally none. 

For some formats, like Active/Mainstream Rock and Christian, even reaching the Hot 100 is huge exposure for such singles.

Just now, brianc33616 said:

For some formats, like Active/Mainstream Rock and Christian, even reaching the Hot 100 is huge exposure for such singles.

How? Because of media coverage on websites? 

@simmnfierzig will It Aint Me go TOP 10 this week? I saw some people on the pulse* music board say it would, but some said it wouldnt :huh: 

And when will you update your predictions? Can Stay possibly peak higher than #8?

Edited by Hometown

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

It's not nitpicking :rip:

There are 5-8 songs at most going recurrent in 1 week no matter how many album tracks debut at that time. 

And since the 52/25 recurrent rule we had like 8 songs go recurrent because of that and at least 7 maybe all 8 can't quite remember went recurrent immediately after 52 weeks. So yeah album tracks have no effect on that as everything is below #25 after 52 weeks anyways. 

Prince, Beyonce, and Drake forced many songs into premature recurrency. And, having even one single go super recurrent is one song too many.

Just now, Hometown said:

@simmnfierzig will It Aint Me go TOP 10? I saw some people on the fuse board say it would, but some said it wouldnt :huh: 

And when will you update your predictions? Can Stay possibly peak higher than #8?

Really doubt it for IAM this week, but it will get there.

Yeah Stay is probably higher.

Not sure if I will have time before Sunday 

If the songs are popular then they deserve to chart. End of story. We live in a different world now

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

Really doubt it for IAM this week, but it will get there.

Yeah Stay is probably higher.

Not sure if I will have time before Sunday 

Thank you for the answer :hug: 

10 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

How? Because of media coverage on websites? 

Yes. Those formats so rarely hit the Hot 100 that when they do, Rock and Christian blogs, websites, and radio stations go crazy when they can get past this barrier. So, yes, these songs do get exposure reaching just the lower 20 of the Hot 100. TSOS spent its first two weeks in the 80s before eventually peaking at #42. This was the first single from AR to reach the top half of the Hot 100 in four years. Also, Hillsongs United's Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) never got out of the 80s, but it spent 20 weeks on the Hot 100 and has sold over 1.5 M downloads. So yes, even reaching the Hot 100 provides huge exposure for Active Rock and Christian songs.