Billboard Hot 100: Ed #1 (12th week), Harry #4

KCLA

3 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Cool

Top 10 is easily possible yeah

You think any females can get number ones in the latter part of the year?

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• alexanderao

• brianc33710

Just now, dussymob said:

If Taylor releases of course. 

Other than that :celestial5:

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

If Taylor releases of course. 

Other than that :celestial5:

Damn.

5 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

There will never be more than 5 singles from 1 album on the Hot 100 in the same week :celestial5:

Don't think having airplay or not would be a good cut off. XO Tour Lif3 is a legit top 10 hit and doesn't have airplay...

I meant the total number of releases off of an album through its era, not all at one time. We were thinking about two different topics. Obviously, since I am arguing that only tracks that reach a certain airplay threshold should be eligible for the Hot 100. I am fairly certain that the song you mentioned has at least 5 M impressions overall.

8 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

I meant the total number of releases off of an album through its era, not all at one time. We were thinking about two different topics. Obviously, since I am arguing that only tracks that reach a certain airplay threshold should be eligible for the Hot 100. I am fairly certain that the song you mentioned has at least 5 M impressions overall.

I don't think it has

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

I guess @simmnfierzig is ignoring me...that's ok.

As Kandi from RHOA (who's currently collecting royalties on the #1 hit at the moment) says: they hate while I'll be great.

2u9stgk.jpg

So Kendrick next week and hopefully Bruno can discount his song and keep #1 for a few weeks.

I would think Bieber's streaming added with a video and a performance might help him if the song takes off in the summer but we'll see.

Bruno has already released a remix.

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

I don't think it has

Well, if not, then if it's not a promoted single, then it should wait before it can chart on the Hot 100.

3 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

Well, if not, then if it's not a promoted single, then it should wait before it can chart on the Hot 100.

I don't really agree - XO TOUR Llif 3 has been pulling crazy streaming numbers and is selling decently, so its placement in the top 10 makes complete sense even without airplay, because it's so widely recognized. The chart wouldn't be accurate if it wasn't on there. There's plenty of examples of non-singles that have become widely known in culture (see most of Drake's songs.) Going back to the 90s, stuff that became massive on radio like Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" or Foo Fighters' "Big Me" couldn't chart because of similar rules, so the charts weren't accurate

14 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

Bruno has already released a remix.

Oh...he needs to discount next week.

15 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

This isn't the 90s anymore which prevent d lots of songs from charting or peaking(Don't Speak, Are You That Somebody, Iris)

1 hour ago, brianc33616 said:

:ace:

I can tell my viewpoint isn't that popular on here, but that doesn't make me wrong and all of you right. Maybe if a single is strong enough for the Top 25 that would be an exception. But, unless an album track can garner enough airplay, which is still possible if radio notices its sustainable streaming and sales, it shouldn't be crowding out legitimate and promoted hits out of the Hot 100. 

3 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

Well I think Kendrick is gonna snatch this week. And then Bruno should be #1 the following week or possibly the one after that if Ed returns after Humble. I think Ed will only have 1 more week tbh :dancehall: 

I was thinking about who'd be the first female this year too. It's almost May and no female has come close to the top other than Taylor.

2 hours ago, dussymob said:

The fact that no females have hit #1 since Closer in November :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, Hometown said:

Did Stay snatch the best selling song of the week or The Cure managed to take it?

Seems like "Stay" will have it.

hoping Bruno can get at least a week at #1 though mostly i am hoping Ed does not break the 16 week record. 

11 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

A song that debuts because it is streamed because the album it is on was released, falls because it is streamed less in the 2nd week of the album and streaming dropped, and is gone in three, maybe four weeks - seems to defy the definition of "hot" to me.  Hot to me means, building, frowing, active.

Hot is supposed to be synonymous with popular... 

8 minutes ago, Hometown said:

Yay :party: First time for Alessia :party:

i mean, she didn't even have top 10 in digital before, so obviously it would be a new high

8 minutes ago, Hometown said:

Yay :party: First time for Alessia :party:

i mean, she didn't even have top 10 in digital before, so obviously it would be a new high

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

Ok?

13 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

However, these album tracks not getting at least minimal airplay should not chart on the Hot 100.

Again, I will repeat myself. Loyalty and Element from Kendrick album were streaming this week 2m everyday, that 14m for a week, so they should be allowed to chart? They are not singles, not promoted, nothing, just album tracks. And their streams are bigger than almost half Hot 100 points.

It's really stupid to think that just because they are not getting one of the compontents, they should chart. They are hot, just on streaming and sales, but still hot. And this is Hot 100 chart, not "making all compontents chart" or smth.

2 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

Again, I will repeat myself. Loyalty and Element from Kendrick album were streaming this week 2m everyday, that 14m for a week, so they should be allowed to chart? They are not singles, not promoted, nothing, just album tracks. And their streams are bigger than almost half Hot 100 points.

It's really stupid to think that just because they are not getting one of the compontents, they should chart. They are hot, just on streaming and sales, but still hot. And this is Hot 100 chart, not "making all compontents chart" or smth.

This what I'm thinking of too. Plus most of the album tracks drop after the first week too.

they only think that should be repaired is recurrent rule which should be removed or changed with adding more weeks. or it should be able to being "offed" when big albums like drake kendrick beyonce or prince are storming charts.