Billboard Hot 100: Ed #1 (12th week), Harry #4

KCLA

3 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

I thought the same thing. If a new video gets released with Bieber then I think it's game over

6 hours ago, J-boy said:

Billboard Latin Awards performance next weekend coming

If the Bieber remix will have a video...it will be game over tbh

Coming for 30-40M views combined per day:jonny3: 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• alexanderao

• brianc33710

Yeah the views are literally insane already 

2 hours ago, Jacob.23 said:

@simmnfierzig Can another DAMN. song go top ten (LOYALTY or ELEMENT) this week or is it too competitive? 

I know Deja Vu got all the way to #7 its first week with only 26.9 ODS and ELEMENT has about 30.5M ODS.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/streaming_songs

:eek:

14 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Having radio in the formula makes a UK scenario pretty much impossible. 

Well at least if Billboard continues to adjust streaming down in the formula as it's growing. 

Songs over 20 weeks on the Hot 100 right now

#16 Say You Won't Let Go 

#17 I Feel It Coming

#18 Bad and Boujee

#23 Closer

#24 Love On The Brain

#25 Bounce Back

#30 24k Magic

#31 Scars To Your Beautiful 

#33 Can't Stop The Feeling

#34 Mercy

#38 Fake Love

#39 Starboy

#43 Goosebumps

#46 Don't Wanna Know

#70 Plat That Song

So we would need 20 songs debuting in the top 50 to make a big impact and with radio that's just really hard and with the last 3 going recurrent anyway that's still only 5 songs pushed out early. 

I'm annoyed by all recurrent rules absolutely and starting to get annoyed by complete albums making the Hot 100, but the combination of both is really not that big of an issue. Certainly not big enough to make Billboard consider doing something. 

I wouldn't mind a "only 5 songs per album per week allowed on the Hot 100" rule or something like that though...

If a track is officially promoted by the artist and/or label, the song should be able to chart. If that winds up being 7. 8, or even 9 singles deep, then they should chart. However, these album tracks not getting at least minimal airplay should not chart on the Hot 100.

14 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

I think sometimes chart/music fans miss the real point of why charts exist.

people in all aspects of the music industry scour those charts for trends, new songs/acts.

a song hits the top 100 it gets a second look by music directors.  It's on the chert for four weeks in the 80-65 range, it gets a third look etc.  Nobody wants to be left behind and be the one that passed on playing, promoting, etc the next potential hit.

that is why charts exist and Billboard has been around for decades.  Not so that we can ohh and ahh at what's number one.

Actually, in the 70s and early 80s, songs debuting in the 90s on the Hot 100 didn't even get a bullet. Fortunately that policy changed decades ago, as even songs debuting at #100 (See You Again for example) can become huge #1 hits.

5 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

If a track is officially promoted by the artist and/or label, the song should be able to chart. If that winds up being 7. 8, or even 9 singles deep, then they should chart. However, these album tracks not getting at least minimal airplay should not chart on the Hot 100.

There will never be more than 5 singles from 1 album on the Hot 100 in the same week :celestial5:

Don't think having airplay or not would be a good cut off. XO Tour Lif3 is a legit top 10 hit and doesn't have airplay...

Edited by simmnfierzig

11 hours ago, Jacob.23 said:

@simmnfierzig Can another DAMN. song go top ten (LOYALTY or ELEMENT) this week or is it too competitive? 

I know Deja Vu got all the way to #7 its first week with only 26.9 ODS and ELEMENT has about 30.5M ODS.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/streaming_songs

No they are not going top 10.

Deja Vu sold 30k first week and think that was still the old formula with streaming weighted more. 

QueenofCopyPaste

@simmnfierzig do you think the 44 million figure of HDD for Humble's on demand streaming is on point? What are the overall streaming figures looking?

Pandora is excluded?

54 minutes ago, J-boy said:

@simmnfierzig do you think the 44 million figure of HDD for Humble's on demand streaming is on point? What are the overall streaming figures looking?

Pandora is excluded?

I've qouted you in the streaming thread :rip:

Yeah 44 seems accurate. Can't check Youtube right now and still should be around 65 million overall, but the #1 is pretty close

Edited by simmnfierzig

18 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

I thought the same thing. If a new video gets released with Bieber then I think it's game over

Somebody better because I like Ed and I bought the album and everything but I'm not here for him coming closer to Mariah and BoyzIImen ha record...

No she better don't

21ce9at.jpg

Well Men are on top again...i wonder who will be the first female to hit #1 this year.

@simmnfierzig

Thanks once again for your predictions...

Until taylor saves the game we will have to deal with male pop domination which is fine.

So far we've had Rae smurder and Ed Sheeran as #1s.

Do you think I'm somewhat on the money if I guesstimate the next few #1s as follows:

Humble by Kendrick for a week or two

Bruno Mars

The song with Bieber 

and possibly chainsmokers if they build up enough.

We might truly be without a female on top until Legend Taylor graces us with her lead (presumably released in the summer.

ibceywwwvz8osqybuqm.gif

QueenofCopyPaste
1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

I've qouted you in the streaming thread :rip:

Yeah 44 seems accurate. Can't check Youtube right now and still should be around 65 million overall, but the #1 is pretty close

Who has the advantage? Kendrick or Ed?

1 minute ago, J-boy said:

Who has the advantage? Kendrick or Ed?

I'm probably still leaning Kendrick

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Somebody better because I like Ed and I bought the album and everything but I'm not here for him coming closer to Mariah and BoyzIImen ha record...

No she better don't

21ce9at.jpg

Well Men are on top again...i wonder who will be the first female to hit #1 this year.

Well I think Kendrick is gonna snatch this week. And then Bruno should be #1 the following week or possibly the one after that if Ed returns after Humble. I think Ed will only have 1 more week tbh :dancehall: 

I was thinking about who'd be the first female this year too. It's almost May and no female has come close to the top other than Taylor.

38 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

what about next week?who will be #1? Ed.Bruno or Kendrick?

4 minutes ago, wgenhao said:

what about next week?who will be #1? Ed.Bruno or Kendrick?

Well pretty certainly not Kendrick. 

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

Well pretty certainly not Kendrick. 

do bieber/daddy yankee/luis fonsi have any chance at #1 in the next month?

8 minutes ago, alexis said:

do bieber/daddy yankee/luis fonsi have any chance at #1 in the next month?

I doubt it

2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I doubt it

The song is already dropping on iTunes lol.

32 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I doubt it

top 10 maybe?

I guess @simmnfierzig is ignoring me...that's ok.

As Kandi from RHOA (who's currently collecting royalties on the #1 hit at the moment) says: they hate while I'll be great.

2u9stgk.jpg

So Kendrick next week and hopefully Bruno can discount his song and keep #1 for a few weeks.

I would think Bieber's streaming added with a video and a performance might help him if the song takes off in the summer but we'll see.

10 minutes ago, dussymob said:

The song is already dropping on iTunes lol.

Cool

9 minutes ago, Green said:

top 10 maybe?

Top 10 is easily possible yeah

Edited by simmnfierzig