Billboard Hot 100: Ed #1 (12th week), Harry #4

KCLA

9 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

I think sometimes chart/music fans miss the real point of why charts exist.

people in all aspects of the music industry scour those charts for trends, new songs/acts.

a song hits the top 100 it gets a second look by music directors.  It's on the chert for four weeks in the 80-65 range, it gets a third look etc.  Nobody wants to be left behind and be the one that passed on playing, promoting, etc the next potential hit.

that is why charts exist and Billboard has been around for decades.  Not so that we can ohh and ahh at what's number one.

:clap3:

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• alexanderao

• brianc33710

3 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

they did.

i guess though I was more thinking of what Ed did with divide tracks in the UK charts debut week.  If BB gets a week like that but with two albums, so that 18 or so of the top 20 songs are by two debut albums.

that is more the scenario I was talking about coming, sooner rather than later. And it will be  a shame for the sings it kills off prematurely.

Having radio in the formula makes a UK scenario pretty much impossible. 

Well at least if Billboard continues to adjust streaming down in the formula as it's growing. 

Songs over 20 weeks on the Hot 100 right now

#16 Say You Won't Let Go 

#17 I Feel It Coming

#18 Bad and Boujee

#23 Closer

#24 Love On The Brain

#25 Bounce Back

#30 24k Magic

#31 Scars To Your Beautiful 

#33 Can't Stop The Feeling

#34 Mercy

#38 Fake Love

#39 Starboy

#43 Goosebumps

#46 Don't Wanna Know

#70 Plat That Song

So we would need 20 songs debuting in the top 50 to make a big impact and with radio that's just really hard and with the last 3 going recurrent anyway that's still only 5 songs pushed out early. 

I'm annoyed by all recurrent rules absolutely and starting to get annoyed by complete albums making the Hot 100, but the combination of both is really not that big of an issue. Certainly not big enough to make Billboard consider doing something. 

I wouldn't mind a "only 5 songs per album per week allowed on the Hot 100" rule or something like that though...

QueenofCopyPaste
12 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

Not AT ALL.

But you said Kendrick will never be #1... we wouldnt  know :keir:

6 minutes ago, J-boy said:

But you said Kendrick will never be #1... we wouldnt  know :keir:

And is still not #1... Have you seen Overall AI update for today? Sheeran keeps increasing and reached 250M AI.

QueenofCopyPaste
2 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

And is still not #1... Have you seen Overall AI update for today? Sheeran keeps increasing and reached 250M AI.

Kendrick still in favor of the #1 though...Mediabase weighs in less and Billboard doesnt use Kworb #s

3 minutes ago, J-boy said:

Kendrick still in favor of the #1 though...Mediabase weighs in less and Billboard doesnt use Kworb #s

I'm aware Mediabase uses ~85% of Kworb's numbers. All I'm saying is SOY is still increasing steadily on radio. :michael: 

Humble's sales won't be that strong, and its streaming will have to be strong enough to counter the over 150M difference in airplay :rip:

QueenofCopyPaste
32 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

I'm aware Mediabase uses ~85% of Kworb's numbers. All I'm saying is SOY is still increasing steadily on radio. :michael: 

Humble's sales won't be that strong, and its streaming will have to be strong enough to counter the over 150M difference in airplay :rip:

Its streaming is that strong to counter the airplay

Simmnfierzig estimates 70-80 million US streams

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7767977/twenty-one-pilots-blurryface-billboard-200-100-weeks?utm_source=twitter

Twenty One Pilots, Blurryface - No. 27 — Twenty One Pilots’ former No. 1 Blurryface celebrates its 100th consecutive week 
on the tally. The set climbs 29-27 with 16,000 units (up less than 1 percent). In total, Blurryface
 has earned 2.9 million 
units, with 1.5 million in traditional album sales. The set launched four hits on the Alternative Songs chart (all of which reached the 
top two) and scored two
 top 10s on the Billboard
 Hot 100 with “Stressed Out” (No. 2) and “Ride” (No. 5).

Blurryface was the act’s first No. 1 (and first top 10 effort), and launched atop the tally dated June 6, 2015. The album has never fallen out of the top 40 during its entire chart run, and has only gone as low as No. 36 (Dec. 12, 2015).

:jonny: 

QueenofCopyPaste

@simmnfierzig when will you post final estimates? :-*

6 hours ago, Agenor said:

It already happened a year ago, "Hello" went recurrent because of 18 songs from Beyonce and Prince charting in the top 50.

how many weeks did Hello spend on the Hot 100??

5 minutes ago, chriistiaaans said:

how many weeks did Hello spend on the Hot 100??

26, but its run was cut short by the flurry of Prince and Beyonce entries this time a year ago.

Despacito is honestly looking like a huge threat in the US. It's climbing streaming and iTunes fast and not showing signs of slowing down. This is looking to be a huge summer bop in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if this reaches #1 tbh.

QueenofCopyPaste
5 minutes ago, PurrKaty said:

Despacito is honestly looking like a huge threat in the US. It's climbing streaming and iTunes fast and not showing signs of slowing down. This is looking to be a huge summer bop in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if this reaches #1 tbh.

Billboard Latin Awards performance next weekend coming

If the Bieber remix will have a video...it will be game over tbh

Even with the remix, I don't think Despacito will be able to garner enough airplay to challenge for the #1 spot. I can see it doing better than Bailando, though.

There should never be limits on how many songs can chart or why they can.

Recurrency rules should be removed.

If a song gets enough streams from album release week to be in the H100, it better be in the damn H100

9 minutes ago, Auris said:

Agree.

If a song gets enough streams from album release week to be in the H100, it better be in the damn H100

I do not agree.

I completely agree. Now, I wouldn't mind if they created separate charts for singles & newer songs. But for the main popularity chart, age & single status have no business determining what songs should be eligible—only popularity does.

27 minutes ago, Auris said:

Whew spill the T

29 minutes ago, Auris said:

I agree. As long as a song gets enough points (no matter if it's old or new, Single or non-single) it should chart on the Hot 100 just like they do with the UK charts.

Feeling Despacito (Remix) could be a summer number #1 hit contender

2 hours ago, J-boy said:

Billboard Latin Awards performance next weekend coming

If the Bieber remix will have a video...it will be game over tbh

I thought the same thing. If a new video gets released with Bieber then I think it's game over

6 hours ago, alexanderao said:

Classic album. All their music is so good

I'm thirsty for new music for sure