• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• NightCrawler

• cliche_display

• Hot Volcano

6 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

Here is 9 Days "Absolutely (Story Of A Girl)." The song does stand out from the other 19, so I'll share it.  EDIT: I had no idea how dated and retro technology from 2000 (now 20 years ago) actually are now!

Omg I’ve never heard it at all lol

besides that one, this list is a blasphemy. I like almost all of the songs there

On 6/27/2020 at 8:49 AM, Hidden said:

besides that one, this list is a blasphemy. I like almost all of the songs there

Yeah.....Rock used to, maybe not rule, but compete evenly at Top 40. In fact, 3 Doors Down "Kryptonite" actually places within the BB Hot 100 2000-20, albeit barely. I wish we could bring a better balance back to mainstream stations. I like(d) the song, but I "Stan" for Rock music anyway. 

On 6/27/2020 at 8:49 AM, Hidden said:

I just now read on the YouTube comments that he's now a teacher. Interesting.....

Fifth Harmony - "Work From Home (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)

Ariana Grande - "no tears left to cry"

wtf. these are perfect for pop radios 

• 3 months later...

Such an awful year for Pop radio, there are now 4 songs from this year on the list, 2nd worst after 2016. :rip: 

Planing to create a "Best" thread soon.

On 6/24/2020 at 12:37 PM, JBJT2786 said:

My Oh My....i see a stanbase that criticized DSN for being #1 on Pop Radio but is no where to be  found on this list  compared to their faves song.

:eli:

OT: I'm not surprised by most of these songs ( maybe So Sick but I think that was at its peak which was literally 5 months after the release of the song) but LMAO at Intentions being "#1" despite nearly 20 year songs being on this chart. The Justin payola is just .....

This was da first thing dat popped into my head also 

most of them are quite recent, I believe that callouts no longer reflect what people like to hear on the radio... they need to come up with a better metric or tune this one because it's ver outdated rn

On 10/4/2020 at 6:41 AM, Ger-55 said:

Such an awful year for Pop radio, there are now 4 songs from this year on the list, 2nd worst after 2016. :rip: 

Planing to create a "Best" thread soon.

2020 was really tragic all-around :skull:

• 10 months later...

Kinda shocked Intentions & Work from Home got low callouts considering they're pretty generic.

no tears and save your tears being here is a big wtf tho!

Hehe 

I just went through this thread and it was entertaining 

Me, Myself and I and So Sick deserved better.

I can understand Can't Stop The Feeling! making the list cause it's probably his worst single ever but why is Not A Bad Thing on there :deadbanana2: 

I hated Can't Stop the Feeling, but it was so huge on the Hot 100 chart. Why such bad callouts? LOL

On 8/28/2021 at 11:14 AM, allforyou said:

I can understand Can't Stop The Feeling! making the list cause it's probably his worst single ever but why is Not A Bad Thing on there :deadbanana2: 

The vibe was oversaturated with songs that came before like Uptown Funk and Cant feel my face

aint it funny was amazing such a good hip hop song old school music the best plus JLO will always be popular she's 52 and making more money than these young ones not to mention she's more beautiful and a. living legend icon queen 

aint it funny was amazing such a good hip hop song old school music the best plus JLO will always be popular she's 52 and making more money than these young ones not to mention she's more beautiful and a. living legend icon queen 

6 hours ago, Enoch said:

The vibe was oversaturated with songs that came before like Uptown Funk and Cant feel my face

Not A Bad Thing was released before those songs though

On 8/30/2021 at 2:23 PM, Piethro said:

@Ger-55Can you find me a history of an artist’s callouts? pls

You would need to check on the callouts archives on each specific date, here. Preferibly songs that peaked in Top 20 on Pop radio since only songs with at least 60% of fammiliarity debut on those reports.

I remember the NTLTC dislike. That's why I defend this song to heavens. It's pop perfection that people were denying.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.