Worst callouts for #1 Pop hits this century

Ger

4 hours ago, NightCrawler said:

Let me add to point d) medium stats/previous hits/no competition to end this discussion. My Oh My literally dethroned Blinding Lights on pop radio - aka the biggest and most loved song in the US. Stats at that time:

Billboard Digital Sales

#1      BL

My Oh My   N/A (many weeks in a row)

Streaming Songs

#4       BL

My Oh My   N/A (8 weeks in a row)

Callouts - net positive

#1       BL

#17     My Oh My

Most positive reaction: BL

Most negative reaction: My Oh My

No other song on this list/this century reached #1 in such a fraudulent way.

Yea lets completely ignore the fact that MOM was doing GREAT on callouts and thats why it exploded on Pop radio :dies:

The song was top 5 for weeks, people simply got tired of it and it just happen to hit #1 when it had horrible callouts.

It RECOVERED after that, kept RISING for weeks, was back in the top 5 in Net positive 3 weeks ago but ofc you wont bring that up  :skull:

3 hours ago, cliche_display said:

Plus I'm not worried because I do not think Senorita will be Camila's last hit.

:deadbanana4:  My Oh My is coming for 400m on Spotify, it spent months inside top 100 on AM, it has over 250m US streams, it was obviously a hit :toofunny2:

Region Certification Certified units/sales
Australia (ARIA)[72] Platinum 70,000double-dagger
Mexico (AMPROFON)[73] Gold 30,000*
New Zealand (RMNZ)[74] Gold 15,000*
Portugal (AFP)[75] Gold 10,000^
United Kingdom (BPI)[76] Gold 400,000double-dagger
United States (RIAA)[77] Platinum 1,000,000
Edited by Hot Volcano

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• NightCrawler

• cliche_display

• Hot Volcano

6 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

It RECOVERED after that, kept RISING for weeks, was back in the top 5 in Net positive 3 weeks ago but ofc you wont bring that up  :skull:

Caught lying again, please stop sis:rip:

Pop radio callouts for MOM

by net positive (incl. recurrents)
June 19: #28 out of 31
June 12: #31 out of 33
June 05: no survey that week
May 29: #29 out of 37

I don't think any of those songs are the best from any of these artists so I'm not shocked...with the exception of Ain't It Funny.

Edited by Adonis

19 minutes ago, NightCrawler said:

Caught lying again, please stop sis:rip:

Pop radio callouts for MOM

by net positive (incl. recurrents)
June 19: #28 out of 31
June 12: #31 out of 33
June 05: no survey that week
May 29: #29 out of 37

I wasn't lying, I lost track of time, it was a month ago not 3 weeks ago :toofunny2:

May 8 - the start of the comeback

On 5/8/2020 at 7:46 PM, Starkboy said:

Potential (05/08)

16. My Oh My 80 (▲1)

Pop Score (05/08)

(+1) My Oh My 79 (▲2) 

Net Positive (05/08)

17. My Oh My 38.2 (+2.9)

May 15th - rising again

On 5/15/2020 at 5:28 PM, Ger-55 said:

Potential (05/15)

13 (+3) My Oh My 82 (▲2)

Pop Score (05/15)

(+4) My Oh My 80 (▲1)

Net Positive (05/15)

13 (+4) My Oh My 41.0 (+2.8)

May 22nd - another rise

On 5/22/2020 at 5:35 PM, Ger-55 said:

Potential (05/22)

12 (+1) My Oh My 83 (▲1)

Pop Score (05/22)

(+1) My Oh My 81 (▲1)

Net Positive (05/22)

10 (+3) My Oh My 42.0 (+1.0)

and the week after that MOM free fell.

The chart expert Ger-55 had this as an explanation :

On 5/29/2020 at 9:46 PM, Ger-55 said:

Conspiracy theory sounds very interesting now. The sample of people being tested has been reduced significantly these last weeks, it reached 3 weeks ago, with 3k+ of testers. But that amount of people has continuously dropped and this last week decreased in around 50% to a low amount of just 796 people. And MOM suffered an awful decrease on callouts this week, too.

Welp. :coffee2:

So callouts are based on less than 800 people and you've been dragging Camila for MONTHS like the whole nation hates the song :ahh:

US population : 320,000,000

Callouts : 796

:deadbanana4:

Edited by Hot Volcano

7 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

So callouts are based on less than 800 people and you've been dragging Camila for MONTHS like the whole nation hates the song :ahh:

What are you even talking about? :toofunny3:

You said it was Top 5 on callouts 3 weeks ago and I proved it was a shameless lie. Now you quote a post saying that callouts have only had 800 instead of 3000 people reviewing recently - exactly at the time My Oh My "recovered" a few pathetic positions... It was still LAST on callouts when they used 3000 people.

And to top it off you use huge fonts to spam this page as if you were doing something and presenting groundbreaking data that save Camila's reputation :deadbanana2:

31 minutes ago, Adonis said:

I don't think any of those songs are the best from any of these artists so I'm not shocked...with the exception of Ain't It Funny.

Well even if Work From Home had a low "potential" score one week, it's still their most recognizable song and their most successful

14 minutes ago, NightCrawler said:

What are you even talking about? :toofunny3:

You said it was Top 5 on callouts 3 weeks ago and I proved it was a shameless lie.

:biblio:

I literally said it was a MISTAKE in the first sentance of my post, a mess at "shameless lie", the dramatics :toofunny2:

It was #4 and #5 on Pop Score and went back to top 10 on Net Positive, my point STILL stands, as it obviously recovered on callouts.

14 minutes ago, NightCrawler said:

Now you quote a post saying that callouts have only had 800 instead of 3000 people reviewing recently - exactly at the time My Oh My "recovered" a few pathetic positions... It was still LAST on callouts when they used 3000 people.

And to top it off you use huge fonts to spam this page as if you were doing something and presenting groundbreaking data that save Camila's reputation :deadbanana2:

Read the post again, Ger clearly said the # of testers decreased 50% the same week My Oh My stumbled down (5/29) :coffee2:

And my point was, that I never knew how many testers were doing the callouts. For some reason I thought it'd be like 50k people, but just a few thousands? :deadbanana4: 

You stay obsessed with callouts and keep calling Camila's #1 fraudelent, and it will keep getting new certifications based on sales and streams. Bye.

Just now, Hot Volcano said:

It was #4 and #5 on Pop Score and went back to top 10 on Net Positive, my point STILL stands, as it obviously recovered on callouts.

Read the post again, Ger clearly said the # of testers decreased 50% the same week My Oh My stumbled down (5/29) :coffee2:

And my point was, that I never knew how many testers were doing the callouts. For some reason I thought it'd be like 50k people, but just a few thousands? :deadbanana4:

Do you even know what Pop score means? :deadbanana2: Go to callout scores website and sort the songs by familiarity and then you will understand. The fact that you are bragging with it shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

As for the number of testers... how do you think polls work? You don't need the whole population to get a low enough margin of error and 3000 people is plenty. And let's not forget the other millions of people who simply refused to stream My Oh My despite being shoved down their throats in unprecedented ways.

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

Yea lets completely ignore the fact that MOM was doing GREAT on callouts and thats why it exploded on Pop radio :dies:

The song was top 5 for weeks, people simply got tired of it and it just happen to hit #1 when it had horrible callouts.

:deadbanana4:  My Oh My is coming for 400m on Spotify, it spent months inside top 100 on AM, it has over 250m US streams, it was obviously a hit :toofunny2:

Region Certification Certified units/sales
Australia (ARIA)[72] Platinum 70,000double-dagger
Mexico (AMPROFON)[73] Gold 30,000*
New Zealand (RMNZ)[74] Gold 15,000*
Portugal (AFP)[75] Gold 10,000^
United Kingdom (BPI)[76] Gold 400,000double-dagger
United States (RIAA)[77] Platinum 1,000,000

Okay I meant a hit like Senorita, Work From Home, Dont Start Now, or Love Lies where pop radio number ones had matching high performance across all metrics not just on radio spins. We can all feel a hit like that.

On 6/24/2020 at 6:07 PM, fridayteenage said:

but OCH told me my oh my has the worst performance ever for a pop #1, hmm

the #17 worst performing #1 on pop radio EVER

what a feat congratulations :clap3:

TimelyFocusedLadybug-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Godly said:

Same Old Love should've been there instead of Hands To Myself :emofish:

Agrihd, HTM is way more enjoyable and it isn't as much as a burnout

TimelyFocusedLadybug-size_restricted.gif

But OTHs told me LWYMD was the most hated pop #1 in history 

@Ger-55  Is there any way to do a best callouts for #1 Pop hits this century list?

Edited by mcohen

2 hours ago, mcohen said:

@Ger-55  Is there any way to do a best callouts for #1 Pop hits this century list?

Sure I can, it's going to be fun. I'll work on that.

3 hours ago, gotportugal said:

the #17 worst performing #1 on pop radio EVER

what a feat congratulations :clap3:

not even bottom 10 of the last 10 years.

speaking of radio fueled songs, the only H100 #2 in the streaming era to miss T3 in both sales and streams: don't start now.  good thing it snuck in that lucky week. 

Gaga's ORGANIC No.1 POP Hits :clap3:

On 6/24/2020 at 7:07 PM, fridayteenage said:

but OCH told me my oh my has the worst performance ever for a pop #1, hmm

- #17 worst of the century if we consider the callouts only

- #1 worst of the century if we take the sales/streams/status into consideration together with the callouts

2 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

speaking of radio fueled songs, the only H100 #2 in the streaming era to miss T3 in both sales and streams: don't start now.  good thing it snuck in that lucky week. 

Another delusional Camila stan off-topic derailing threads and grasping at straws :ace: DSN hit T3 on Rolling Stone chart, deserved every radio spin, outlasted and outstreamed most of the quick-peak iTunes #1's you seem to care for so much, despite your fave not even cracking the T300 with her new single. :toofunny3:

Edited by NightCrawler
  • Like 1

That Nine Days song is my favorite from the list. Yeah, Rock & Pop-Rock actually DID chart high at Top 40, and especially HAC, not that terribly long ago. :!ohno:

4 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

not even bottom 10 of the last 10 years.

You should know that DSN is top5 on the on-demand streaming list of the whole year. You though you did something huh

fridayteenage

Radio fueled =/= having the #17 worst callouts for a #1 + being N/A in streaming and sales when #1

fridayteenage

12 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

Sure I can, it's going to be fun. I'll work on that.

Nice. 

Average across weeks, or first week it appeared in callouts Might also be informative. Would give context for how well Potential scores predicted future performance/longevity. Same with information  on how many weeks it appeared in the research. Older songs tend to have lower potential scores the longer they go in their run. 

Might be hard to compile though. 

Aside: I love how neither of Normani's collab pop #1s are on this list (besides WFH wtf). Callout scores for Motivation were not good (Potential 75) and radio pulled the plug quickly before it could reach top10 on pop (3 career pop number ones amounted to a top 13 chance for solo material).

I dont know if that's something to brag about though lol.  The good thing about Camila is that she's managed 5 pop radio number ones (6 if you count wfh) and half of them seem robust to initial negative feedback via callouts. NBTS (Potential 76 on first available week), MOM and WFH (which make this list) had similarly weak potential scores but still managed to top the chart which is a testament to her pull at radio I suppose. Now in the case of WFH, and to some extent NBTS, there were on-demand stats that helped compel radio play. Which leaves MoM in the lucky to be there category. It might be the difference between campaigning too and what labels need. If Normani were preparing to tour and/on promoting an album, I still can see her radio promotions team pushing uphill.

Edited by cliche_display

Out of curiosity how does this work? I’ve never understood radio callouts.

I see alot of Scooter's clients there. Interesting

Here is 9 Days "Absolutely (Story Of A Girl)." The song does stand out from the other 19, so I'll share it.  EDIT: I had no idea how dated and retro technology from 2000 (now 20 years ago) actually are now!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.