• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• NightCrawler

• cliche_display

• Hot Volcano

• ATRL Moderator

What I don’t understand is I feel like all of my friends like most of these songs. I never like Can’t Stop the Feeling but my friends still get hyped for that song, for example. So these are surprising to me. 

55 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

Not surprised 

HASNbJN.gif

Love how she stays on your mind, you're such a fan!

Camila twice + non existent sales & streams for My Oh My (out of Top 200 on Spotify one week after officially hitting #1 - I don't think any other song on that list can compare)

MainPayolaGirl:clap3:

Edited by NightCrawler

17 of them being from the past ten years... the GP knows music has worsened

tumblr_o41ykkVol81uiziyxo1_400.gif

41 minutes ago, Lindt said:

intentions still gets pretty decent streams for being so disliked. it's #20 on us Spotify today

There are singles by some major artist who wish they had that on their first day, he has that 5 months after it got released

22 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Love how she stays on your mind, you're such a fan!

I'm not. GYHAB is a terrible song and the GP agrees.

HASNbJN.gif

38 minutes ago, LCTV said:

Is there a lowest score ever list?

Interesting, maybe I'm doing that list next. :celestial5:

49 minutes ago, niiall said:

Not 2016 having six entries and them all being basically back to back :rip: What was going on

it was the start of the pop sabotage, they knew what they were doing :doc:

1 hour ago, Ger-55 said:

CAN'T STOP THE FEELING!" (2014) 78 (39.1)

CSTF was 2016...

2016 having the most of any year :deadbanana4:

Truly a terrible year for hits and the GP agree ( thank god Rih ,Bey, and Adele releasing Songs that year saved it from being the absolute worst)

3 minutes ago, Underdogs said:

Look & No Tears definitely don't belong on this list

LOOK 100% does as it was dropped from 1 to 7 on Mainstream top 40 and 5 to 20 the Radio Songs chart its second week. The way GP said NO to listening  to it on the radio after week 1.

I am shocked at One Dance being on there. It seemed like everybody lived for that one.

2 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

7. Ariana Grande - "no tears left to cry" (2018) 77 (32.3)

13. Demi Lovato - "Give Your Heart a Break" (2012) 78 (35.4)

I understand why for a lot of the songs on the list but these 2 are harmless I don’t get it 

Kinda understandable since most of these have a quality to them that can’t be really accessed through radio. However, CSTF is definitely not one of those :deadbanana4: people in 2016 went ham to that song

4 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

7. Ariana Grande - "no tears left to cry" (2018) 77 (32.3)

:psyduck:

The Give Your Heart a Break slander:angry:  not Intentions being #1 on the most disliked list and the current #1 at the same time:deadbanana2: Payola at it's finest

Not shocked with any of the songs but "So Sick", and even the songs for artists that I tolerate, their shittier songs made it here, so it fits. My faves are GOOD with their authentic radio hits.

Cool thread

23 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

but OCH told me my oh my has the worst performance ever for a pop #1, hmm

I'm surprised Work From Home is on this list actually.  Seems like it was universally loved on Spotify and YouTube where it has billions of streams. I have to admit the calculus on the "potential" score is unclear. WFH had one of the highest burn rates in its class (people responding that they were tired of the song), perhaps because it was so inescapable on every other platform? Could've dragged down its mark on potential.

Not to be rude, but I think "performance" pertains more to SPS. These are survey answers about what pop radio listeners like but radio also pays attention to what's popular on-demand. To be fair, every song on this callout list is in about the bottom 5 percent for pop radio number ones this century. :deadbanana2: (It's why I'm surprised at WFH)

Quick math: About 15-20 songs to number one on pop a year multiplied by 20 years = 360 songs. So there is no position on this list that isnt outlying 95 percent of the number ones in the past 20 years. Just saying

Edited by cliche_display

some of these are great

however I understand most of them being there :biblio:

21 hours ago, NightCrawler said:

Camila twice + non existent sales & streams for My Oh My (out of Top 200 on Spotify one week after officially hitting #1 - I don't think any other song on that list can compare)

MainPayolaGirl:clap3:

Ahhhhhhhhhh :ahh:

The countless threads you made about MOM's callouts only for it to not even be in the top 15 worst ever for a Pop #1 :ahh:

And now, seeing your narrative doesnt make much sense, you had to plung in Spotify 200 chart :skull:

MOM is coming for 400m on Spotify, and its already eligible for 2x Platinum with over 250m US streams according to HDD. 

Nothing you say will change the fact its a streaming hit :sorry:

Edited by Hot Volcano

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

The countless threads you made about MOM's callouts only for it to not even be in the top 15 worst ever for a Pop #1 :ahh:

And now, seeing your narrative doesnt make much sense, you had to plung in Spotify 200 chart :skull:

MOM is coming for 400m on Spotify, and its already eligible for 2x Platinum with over 250m US streams according to HDD. 

Sis stop please, you've been doing so well recently distancing yourself from the racist, stanning a legend and staying out of certain girl's threads. That's why I've been keeping it cute too :heart:

My point is only bolstered by this list. You can get a pop radio #1 with:

a) strong callout scores

b) strong sales/streams

c) being a superstar like Ari & Taylor

d) decent stats and callouts + no strong competition + coming off a huge radio hit

My Oh My is the most fraudulent pop #1 on this list because no other song achieves the feat not checking ANY of those boxes. Intentions for example is Top 20 on Spotify half a year after release + Justin Bieber is a huge name.

My Oh My had no streams, no sales, worst callouts. Camila came off multiple monster flops with lead single Liar also receiving the worst callouts. She's obviously not a superstar either as she can't even crack the Top 1000 on iTunes's in more than 2 countries with a music video... Do you want me to continue? Congrats I guess on the song only boasting the 18th worst callouts of the century. I feel so embarrassed for trashing it :priceless:

Edited by NightCrawler

Let me add to point d) medium stats/previous hits/no competition to end this discussion. My Oh My literally dethroned Blinding Lights on pop radio - aka the biggest and most loved song in the US. Stats at that time:

Billboard Digital Sales

#1      BL

My Oh My   N/A (many weeks in a row)

Streaming Songs

#4       BL

My Oh My   N/A (8 weeks in a row)

Callouts - net positive

#1       BL

#17     My Oh My

Most positive reaction: BL

Most negative reaction: My Oh My

No other song on this list/this century reached #1 in such a fraudulent way.

Edited by NightCrawler

Sis, don't embarrass us. We're in a thread about the least liked #1 songs by pop radio in the past 20 years.

According to this list, My Oh My is ranked at around 340 of 360. That's not good. It means it's one of the worst rated in two full decades. It would be like bragging that Work From Home is not in the bottom 2 out of 360 songs this century lol

Although Work From Home is an example of a streaming hit  and Camila had a part in that song along with Normani, Ally, Dinah, and Lauren. So we can feel good about that.

Plus I'm not worried because I do not think Senorita will be Camila's last hit.

Edited by cliche_display

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.