⭐ ATRL's Song Contest ⭐ Winner revealed (pg.424)

thecptz

Charli XCX - You (Ha Ha Ha)

I'm so glad this was sent.  I had forgotten about this song but this brought back so many interesting memories and made me realize just how much I loved this era of Charli XCX's music and the aesthetic it had.  I want someone to emulate this again :chick3: if not Charli then someone else... its such a fave aesthetic

Lennon Stella - Fear of Being Alone

I don't mind the song itself but I feel a bit like the vocal makes it verge on feeling faceless?  There's something about her voice that feels like there's probably 10 other singers that do the same kind of thing and it makes it feel a bit flatter than it should be.  Not bad overall though, I just wasn't wowed.

Charli XCX - Stay Away

See above regarding my thoughts on True Romance's musical aesthetic.  I'll admit I like this less than that song, but still good and might get a few points.

Hayley Williams - Dead Horse

I was interested in listening to her solo album, however...

I mean this isn't bad by any means but I was not really impressed by it either.  It feels like the kind of music you might hear at a coffee shop or a store at the mall or something.

Charli XCX - Set Me Free

This would rank in the middle compared to the other Charli songs.  I weirdly feel like while her somewhat grating vocal worked with this album's production, it kind of detracts a bit from this song.

Twice - Love Foolish

I love the production of this song so much and how chaotic it gets.  I used to be obsessed with this for a while and it still holds up. TWICE have the ability to make almost anything feel super catchy, energetic uwu aesthetic kpop and.... lucky for you that's my favourite aesthetic/concept/thing in the world!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• Overprotected

• miguel

Tatiana Hazel - Can’t Help But Notice

This was entirely new to me but I'm happy to make this discovery.  I like the vibe of this song quite a bit and think it will get a few points!

SZA - Babylon (feat. Kendrick Lamar)

Okay okay unpopular opinion maybe... I did not like this album/mixtape whatsoever.  It felt very awkward and rough around the edges but not in an appealing way.  Unfortunately that is kind of what I feel about this song at times.  The beat feels cluttered in a weird way, and I find SZA gets lost in her own song. But I don't outright dislike it, I do like Kendrick here.

Logan Henderson - Sleepwalker

The beat wasn't bad but I really did not like his vocal performance in this song much.  It became a bit distracting.  However the instrumental isn't bad so I did enjoy giving this a try.

Perfume Genius - On The Floor

I did not listen to this album yet but maybe I will.  Immediately I was struck by the beat and vibe of this song.  I don't particularly care for Perfume Genius as an artist but I feel like he worked with this song in a positive way.

Years & Years - Lucky Escape

This wasn't that bad, but it felt a bit on the boring side.  I'm not entirely sure what to say but it was nice.

Nicki Minaj - The Crying Game

I haven't heard this song before surprisingly.  I really liked it though!  I'm always interested in Nicki's more emotional songs even though I admittedly prefer her bubblegum bass personality songs the most.  I liked her delivery here a lot and I think her with Jessie Ware is one of those collabs I didn't know I needed.

Demi Lovato - Smoke & Mirrors

This was okay, I guess it was a bit on the boring side for me though.  I'm not sure what my favourite Demi songs would be, but I feel like she works best with fun pop-rock for me and I don't find myself that interested in her ballads.

Kerli - Bulletproof

Wait this spooky vibe.  I think this was a weird surprise for me.  I honestly wouldn't go for a song like this on my own, and while I'm unsure of where this would rank I'm glad it was sent.

VERITE - Think of Me

This wasn't bad, but I admit I can't say much about it.  It was a little hard to concentrate on it at times.  Nice though.

SZA - Back Together (feat. Tame Impala)

I liked this a lot more than the other SZA song.  It's very vibey but I like her voice with this style a LOT.  It would definitely be something I'd listen to again.

BANKS - Mind Games

This was interestingly dramatic.  I wasn't entirely sure what I thought of it at first but I did enjoy this and felt it had some interesting moments.

My first choice getting better comments than my second one :weeps: 

Whoever sent that song, you getting my #1! Ugh, cockroach better be alive again after this round.

Flesh Without Blood - **** U!!!! You stole this from me me thinks!

anyways yes this is a classic and a great choice :monkey: wanted to sabotage cause I’m petty but looking at the other songs.. let me not lol! 

Enemy - not the biggest fan of modern day Charli but this was nice x 

Words - the way the intro on this was the perfect transition between enemy and this :deadbanana:

anyways the rest of the song is kinda corny but it’s enjoyable I guess

Final Warning - you should’ve sent back from the dead if you wanted to send Skylar :deadbanana: this is fine but the chorus is a letdown

Detonate - not quite sure what to think ehmm

Contaminated - ??? Games Section has progressed past the need for BANKS ???

Spoiler

I actually don’t mind this, might be in the lower half of my top 10 somewhere x the vocals ain’t cute but there’s potential here xxx

Avenue - yeah Hard Place would’ve been a better pick but I still quite like this tbh x

Beating Me Up - this has to be a joke ? I can’t 

Cry Baby - not my fav song on that album but it’s okay x will get some points prolly

Halo - oh bitch? A serve

What You Did - the production on this annoys the **** out of me :deadbanana: besides that it’s just okay, might get one point or just miss my top 10 x

Lose My Cool - this was cute! Somewhat Jess Glynne’d but better ?

No Good - this was really nice! Cute x

Advice - it’s okay but it doesn’t do a whole lot for me

Ain't Your Right - yes.

Crying On The Bathroom Floor - the chorus on this is such a letdown :deadbanana: i quite like the rest of the song tho so hmm!

Charli XCX - You (Ha Ha Ha): ngl, I haven't revisited TR in a while but this one still knocks. It fits the theme too

1ee6jml.gif

Flesh Without Blood - Aged like fine wine, lyrically it's on par with the theme too :heart2:

Lennon Stella - Fear Of Being Alone: it's cute, a bit run of the mill synthpop track but the lyrics are nice

Charli XCX - Stay Away: like this one but not that much :thing: will probably give it a point or two

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.