⭐ ATRL's Song Contest ⭐ Winner revealed (pg.424)

thecptz

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• Overprotected

• miguel

42 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

Also also @thecptz Oblivion’s points are definitely getting halved, right? In Ireland it reached #92 ??

Wikipedia says ‘promo single’ but she was at the stage where there’s basically no distinction imo :giraffe: we might put this to a vote? I could see someone sending this in good faith but personally I think it breaks the rules

Just now, LGBTQQ2IAAA+ said:

Wikipedia says ‘promo single’ but she was at the stage where there’s basically no distinction imo :giraffe: we might put this to a vote? I could see someone sending this in good faith but personally I think it breaks the rules

I mean if they're using the Wikipedia themselves then they have no way of knowing the distinction, especially when "promo singles" were allowed in the first place

Just now, Dessy said:

I mean if they're using the Wikipedia themselves then they have no way of knowing the distinction, especially when "promo singles" were allowed in the first place

Yeah which is why I’m :/ like I would not call it a promo single as someone who followed the rollout but Wikipedia says otherwise, I don’t wanna penalise someone because I disagree with the Wikipedia classification. let me checking the other allegation in here x

11 minutes ago, Noah said:

and Au/Ra - Panic Room charted in Belgium, Ireland, Scotland, and the UK :deadbanana4: @LGBTQQ2IAAA+ @thecptz

okay well this one is defo getting halved x

28 minutes ago, Velvet said:

I thought that rule was only for singles tho

Oblivion was a promo single

:lakitu:

yassss get them

I mean I followed the release of Visions and while Oblivion was released 5 months before only Genesis got an official single treatment by 4AD following the success she found on social media

:giraffe:

it's very much a technicality considering her indie status and the label tho so however people feel is fine 

Edited by Velvet

10 minutes ago, LGBTQQ2IAAA+ said:

it didn’t, the Hot charts in NZ are a bit like the Spotify Viral charts and don’t count. neither does Scotland

oh ok mess

wellitsover.jpg

5 minutes ago, Velvet said:

I mean I followed the release of Visions and while Oblivion was released 5 months before only Genesis got an official single treatment by 4AD following the success she found on social media

:giraffe:

I mean with indie acts like that’s all singles/promo singles are all the same really, it’s more of a distinction for pop acts and whether a single gets a radio push or not. So I’d personally say it’s a single but if whoever sent that song saw differently I’d say it’s a grey area I don’t wanna really punish someone for x

Yeah. I am definitely getting eliminated. At least I reached the overall Top 3 and was #1 in my group.

1 minute ago, Fruity said:

not a green area 

Do I look like I can read? I’m gay

well I feel kinda bad for the panic room girl, maybe they assumed remixes didnt count :cm: 

But the Camelphat version was pretty big here.

Lemme give it 12 points. :swan:

Yes I also feel bad for the panic room chanteuse 

But both versions got combined for the charts

:thing:

51 minutes ago, LGBTQQ2IAAA+ said:

it didn’t, the Hot charts in NZ are a bit like the Spotify Viral charts and don’t count. neither does Scotland

I think we all need further clarification on what specific Country's hot charts count and what doesn't count via a list or something because I wouldn't have known about NZ nor Scotland's until now. Also need some further clarification on if promo singles that charted in multiple countries in any position are eligible @thecptz

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I think we all need further clarification on what specific Country's hot charts count and what doesn't count via a list or something because I wouldn't have known about NZ nor Scotland's until now. Also need some further clarification on if promo singles that charted in multiple countries in any position are eligible @thecptz

a list of charts would be helpful tbh

+1

38 minutes ago, Tom Vercetti said:

well Scotland isn’t an independent country so it’s like... if California has a chart :flower: and if you look at the NZ chart you can see it’s clearly not the official one

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.