? DIAMOND HIT ? Farewell / Next Season Announcement pg.328 ?

fountain

Gonna do grammy submissions 2morrow someone remind me

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• ceremonials

• Jackson

• Temporal

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, swiftie13 said:

I wish I could use vocaloid to make am artist for ph

i have multiple vocaloids lmao

-----

Wait is KWS elligible for Best Judge Song

dammit we should've named it Kite Missing Strings so its initials could be killing myself

Edited by 8thPrince

10 minutes ago, swiftie13 said:

More swift koala tea: Sam was one of my two highest scorers, a first for ha

Akak a tie for 1st

I can't read suddenly, I don't know.

oh i forgot my spring break technically starts today but i still have this essay to finish and a test to take tomorrow :cm: 

11 minutes ago, Citrus said:

I think Sam has been in my Top 2 more than anyone else in my stint here. 

I ordered two grapefruits at work the other day and thought of you for a reason. :heart2: 

1 hour ago, Citrus said:

I think Sam has been in my Top 2 more than anyone else in my stint here. 

And I've been in your bottom two more than anyone :(

y do u h8 mi

Nnn no i dont really remember either. But i was last week :cupid:

6 minutes ago, Citrus said:

The way I was bullied into doing my reviews only for Pears to not do results 

results will hit you like a train on a track, coming towards you, stuck still, no turning back.

24 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

results will hit you like a train on a track, coming towards you, stuck still, no turning back.

OMGGGGG the impact

this post gave me a semi ngl

1 minute ago, ughgabriel said:

pearched

come to dubtrack

let me update my chart run, I should make a faux tracklist too since everyone else has (and single covers for all the flops I missed out)

Oop let me do that too

ceremonials - "Territories"

1.  Relic

2. No Sun on the Horizon

3. Grave of the Fireflies f/ swiftie13

4. Power Trip

5. Dark Cousin

6. Retrograde

7. The Edge of Winter f/ ughgabriel

8. Exit Wounds

9. Endless Night

Bonus Tracks:

9. Isabella

10. Zugzwang

11. The Times

Pears Reviews

oQRbeUK.gif

http://london.doverstreetmarket.com/ionnalee/

@Jackson - Regarding your self portrait, I don't think it's a self portrait. While I understand that you were going down the route of trying to portray your overall writing style, I don't get that at all. As you noted, you haven't submitted a song like this at all this season... so I'm baffled as to how you thought this embodied your style. I feel like often you write whatever you think will get scored best that week, so I'm not actually sure at all what your style is supposed to be. To me there was no unique detail that truly made this stand out, and as such, appear as a self portrait song to me - instead it's just a relationship song. I assume you inserting photophobic in here was your attempt at unique, but, no. Despite this, I think in any other round I'd have been saying nothing but praise in regards to that song. As for your collab, I honestly really enjoyed it. With you and Citrus collabing again, I kind of expected not the best outcome - some kind of overly traumatic narrative that is supposed to reel us in  but only manages it about 50%. Well, here I think you actually were a lot more toned down which allowed for me to feel a more natural emotional connection as opposed to something forced. 

@ceremonials - Regarding your self portrait, I was rather underwhelmed. When you spoke to me about writing about your anxiety, I was excited, but I loved the idea behind it. But I believe humanising this feeling was honestly totally the wrong way to go about it. For me it really overdramatises what could've been so solemn and introspective. Maybe I got my hopes up a little, but this wasn't really it for me. The term 'dark cousin' in itself is much too blunt of a way to metaphorically talk about your anxiety or panic attacks. It makes it appear kinda awkward for me, lyrically, and takes away from the emotion that I should be feeling and the atmosphere that should be built. As for your collab, I think reiterating a movie is a little lame and lazy at this point. It would be fitting in a movie challenge, for example, but I think for something like this it was less than spectacular. The song, for me, does not stand up enough on it's own. You hardly present any narrative or context through the song - and as such it just feels like a lot of fruitless fluff. 

@ughgabriel - I think out of everybody you have the most genuine self portrait entry. For me, you basically hit the nail on the head as for what a self portrait song should be. I think going down this route actually benefitted you more than using the fire escape metaphor would've. As for the collab, I already talked to you about it yesterday so I'll just say it was a pleasure to write with you and I'm more than willing to do it again in the future!

@8thPrince - Similarly to Jackson I thought your self portrait song wasn't a self portrait in any context. As far as it goes lyrically too, this feels too metaphorical to put much point across to me. While you're truly to talk about social relationships, the message is murky and drowned by metaphors too much to impact me. Not that being blunt is any better, but I believe there is a nice medium to be found, and it's not present here. I think your collab is a lot stronger - the chorus particularly is really poignant, the image of the stringless kite flying away despite your wishes is quite powerful - I almost feel some nostalgia too, it reminds me of when you're a kid a you tempt with letting go of balloon to see if you can catch it again. Somebody write a song about that. That said, again I kinda feel like the metaphor and the theme are a little disconnected and don't totally mesh together for me.

@Aurora - I think you have one of the stronger self portraits, I feel some good emotion here but is is left a little distorted when you use words like "oscillation" - it's been a familiar theme this season, calling you out for your thesaurus words, but I kinda still feel like it needs to be pointed out somewhat. When you inject words like that, to me it makes the song lose a lot of it's natural feel and it becomes a little forced. Luckily, this is contained to the chorus and I enjoy the rest a lot more. You could kinda picture it like cologne, I guess. Sometimes when somebody has a cologne on that is just so powerful and strong, it suffocates you a little. I'd kinda relate that to what your language sometimes falls into the territory of. As for your collab, I think this is a bit of a step down in my eyes. This season you've been really good at taking certain imagery or ideas - ie. the forest, or the air, and really crafting great songs of it. But with this, I think you really fell short. The Egyptian imagery to me feels so distant and emotionless, and with the amount of it, it's a little overboard. Conceptually, I don't really feel the relation between this imagery and the idea of politics, too. In tackling a political song you have a lot of ground you can cover and a lot of message that can be sent, but I don't think you really achieved that here in the shadow of the overly grand pyramid theme.

hijab in north korea 

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

hijab in north korea 

:ahh:

@keshaspearsxo a little bit shorter replies than before from me, I'm pleased to hear you liked the self portrait song enough and thought it was one of the stronger of the bunch. The word choices is something everyone has mentioned and at this stage of the competition I do realise that such a thing that was once a minor flaw is going to be my downfall if I don't work it through. At the same time, I do love using this language, so I've got a lot to think about moving forward with my writing after this competition. As far as the collaboration, I understand where it missed the mark for you. The Egyptian imagery was very surface level admittedly, but I didn't want one of those songs where the connections weren't obvious or y'all needed a degree in Egyptology to understand all the references. :lmao: But it's a fair critique, similar to what Citrus said about expecting a mummy to pop up. Thanks for being such a great host-judge, I think you were questioning whether to judge as well as host at first but I'm glad you did.

@swiftie13 I kind of snubbed your comments the first time round ddd it wasn't intentional. I understand the criticisms and I'm sad the songs didn't connect with you as well as I would have hoped, if I make the finale hopefully I can turn that around and try and take on some of those criticisms and apply them in a way that's still natural for me.

im here and im not queer ******s 

chart run already trembling bracing itself for its new (and possibly final) addition