• clue

• Psycho

• thecptz

• Touch It

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

whew i think i'm safe

some of these earlier gurls tried IT

Mixed reviews. I'll probably end up in the middle, hopefully.

RfVADvK.gif

mixed reviews, the usual suspects panning my song 

PTR

i’m gonna be LOW/OUT!

Mixed so far 

astro best judge and yes this round is HORRIBLE rl231.

anyway, i'm hoping for a SAFE/LOW

I'm not bottom 2 and I speak this into existence. Anything better than that is an unironic improvement so :alexz:

ZjG64Qg.png

GROUP 1

Spoiler

BANKS - Warm Water (Snakehips Remix)

Very chill, very vibe-y, not bad, not bad.

Darude - Sandstorm

One of the OG EDM songs :jamming:, but does it compare to the others? 

Giorgio Moroder - Right Here, Right Now

Not what I'd picture as EDM necessarily...at least stereotypically. That being said, it's definitely good (and better than Tom's Diner, which could've been submitted, so thank you for that).

Grimes - 4ÆM

Not my thing at all, sorry. I'm bothered by Grimes not really enunciating throughout the song. :rip: The production is quite solid though, but idk, I can't really enjoy the song.

Jessie Ware - Running (Disclosure Remix)

Vibe.

Karen Harding - Say Something

IF YOU WANNA SAY SOMETHING, SAY IT NOWWWWWWWWWWW.

Kygo - Firestone

Classic EDM song, and honestly, Kygo is one of the main tropical EDM people, so well done! My only beef with the entry is that there are better Kygo songs for me that could've been submitted (ex. Raging, Here for You, Think About You).

Nero - Into the Past

...but Promises?? No, not these Promises. But Promises. However, this one is still pretty good. Actually, it's very good. Okay, I like it a lot, but I still wish Promises was submitted.

Pep & Rash - Rumors

A HOUSE thing. I like it, especially that drop :jamming: 

Röyksopp & Robyn - Do It Again

WHEN WE COME DOWN, WE JUST DO IT. A. GAIN. :clap3: 

The Saturdays - Not Giving Up

So...this is more pop with some EDM influences IMO. It's not bad though. I'm just not sure if it compares to the other entries and if it works with the theme.

GROUP 2

Spoiler

Daft Punk - One More Time

A CLASSIC JAM. Better than Sandstorm too.

David Guetta - Repeat

This is cute-ish. Laserlight outsold though (I know it couldn't have been submitted, but still). Also, on the note of David Guetta, literally so many other options, such as Without You, Turn Me On, Bang My Head, Dirty Sexy Money, Dangerous, 2U, etc. Hell, I even started listening to Without You because I wanted a different change.

David Guetta - Titanium

It's getting a lot of unnecessary hate here. It's legit one of David Guetta's best songs, truly all thanks to Sia. :clap3: 

Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan - There for You

Honestly, the song is good, but it's one of my least favorite Martin Garrix songs, mainly because it's not as explosive as his other ones, like In the Name of Love, Scared to Be Lonely, or Animals (none of which could've been submitted). However, there's Ocean, Drown, Dreamer, So Far Away, and Now That I've Found You.

MARUV - Siren Song

This is very interesting. I'm not sure if I'm quite into it, but it's also not bad. I kinda want it to be faster or just having some sort of build up, but still, not bad.

MØ - Drum

It's not a bad song in the slightest, but it's definitely not the best, especially not MØ's, and it's definitely one of her pure poppier options. If I were to choose a MØ song that was available, I might've gone with When I Was Young, Sun in Our Eyes, or Nights With You (probably the first one as it's more "EDM") over Drum.

Nero - Two Minds

This one's solid! The other Nero track is better, but nothing will top Promises for me.

Rihanna - Where Have You Been

I figured this would get selected, and it's interesting because it's definitely the most EDM Rihanna song out there, other than maybe We Found Love or Right Now. Do I think it's a lazy pick...yeah, I do, but will I knock you for it? Not really, but it depends on how it stacks against everything else.

Robyn - Hang with Me

Cute song, definitely works here. I feel that Do It Again was more successful as an entry though, but luckily, they're not in the group!

Röyksopp - Never Ever

Never heard it, really like it! I'm trying to remember who the Susanne Sandfør stan is now lmfao.

Years & Years - Desire

This will always be a good song, with or without Tove Lo, for me. Lowkey though, I feel like there were better Y&Y options, but also the GRYFFIN REMIX WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT, COME OWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Shout out to @clue for obliging me with this round and making you all go a little bit out of the box. While I do feel that there were better options overall and especially for artists that were chosen, it was still a solid round. Additionally, if I said that there were better options, this doesn't really affect your rankings, but it still needs to stack against the other songs in your group.

oh wow i am getting acclaim across the board?!? coming for my 2nd win, i see. :celestial4:

firstly, idc if its EDM or not. if clueless (and rl) accepted it, then its EDM so :heart2:

mgnVgxp.gif

BANKS - Warm Water (Snakehips Remix)

i really like the OG but this is actually cute. i use!

Darude - Sandstorm

its a big, fat and hard idk which adjective comes first NO from me babe :heart2:

Giorgio Moroder - Right Here, Right Now

this is great wow :eek:

Grimes - 4ÆM

its better than i expected, lets just say that!

Jessie Ware - Running (Disclosure Remix)

i love the original so much that this feels a bit weird tbh.

don't like how disclosure edited her voice at all hmm. i'm very mixed about this cause i like the OG but urgh

Karen Harding - Say Something

a cute lil bop :jamming:

Kygo - Firestone

oh the way i totally ignored this at first because i cant remember how it sounds

but this is soooo good :jonny:

Nero - Into the Past

its another NO from me

Pep & Rash - Rumors

no luv

Röyksopp & Robyn - Do It Again

wow a BIGGGG bop :heart2:

The Saturdays - Not Giving Up

another big bop YASSSS

One More Time - A CLASSIC! Whoever gives this a bad critique or score can rot in hell. This is just pure masterpiece. Great start! :clap3:

Repeat - No ma'am, there are a lot of great David Guetta songs from the same album alone that could have been better entries. I also feel Jessie J doesn't work here idk why. :michael:

Titanium - Ah, the better David Guetta song in the round. Also this is probably most people's introduction to Miss Furler. Anyhow, I considered sending this when my entry was initally denied so you know I like this quite much. I wish the letter L was not banned because I would love to see how When Love Takes Over would do. :sherlock:

There For You - This is one of Martin Garrix's better production and the lyrics are okay but idk but I am not feeling it that much. It's not bad per se but I am just not buying it. :sorry:

Siren Song - This Eurovision mess :rip: Yup, this is the worst song so far.

Drum - This is okay. Nothing special but still good. Much better than a couple of entries that came before it. I feel though it's too pop-py. :confused:

Two Minds - I AM BOPPING MA'AM! This slaps. :katie2:

Where Have You Been - Is it a lazy choice? Yes. But is it a good song? Yes, actually a great one. I see you, Bagels. You and your CPGs. :eli:

Hang With Me - AAAAAHHHHHH Body Talk Robyn! A Robyn-less EDM round wouldn't have made sense. Now talking about the song, I always felt like Call Your Girlfriend's lesser sister. It's not bad, I actually love this song but CYG is so much better. Still a nice entry. :celestial4:

Never Ever - This is cute. Maybe there is quite a lot that is going on but it's okay. :jamming:

Desire - I feel a bit of summer late 10s from this song. It's actually a cute bop. :party:

One More Time - You just can never go wrong with a classic, will be high on my rankings x

Repeat - Oh Idk this song exists, I've only heard of Laserlight (I mean who has the time to listen to a David Guetta album in this economy). It's not bad but I feel like it's a mix of Without U (with Usher) and BEP's I Gotta Feeling :skull:  

Titanium - Sia is definitely one of my most hated artists in this planet, but I did enjoy some covers of this song when I was younger so let's see if nostalgia can save this x

There For You - Hmmm this sounds very too Chainsmoker-ish, will prolly place in the middle or low x

Siren Song - Yeah no I'm gonna have to pass on this one, this was barely EDM. 

Drum - Another in the middle type of song but this was slightly better than the Troye song

Two Minds - Well this was better than most of the songs so far except for the first one x

Where Have You Been - CPG! CPG! CPG! and we're here for it :heart2:

Hang With Me - There were better choices in Body Talk but I guess the letter limit happened, it was not bad x 

Never Ever - Yeah this is a bit too long but iirc there was a shorter edit version of this song, a boppity bop tho x

Desire - I used to stan, I don't really like this song now as I much as I used to before but we'll see x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.