Vanishing Letters 6 | WINNER: Psycho a.k.a. jamesfrog

clue

a lot of these songs are songs I could bop to at like a concert or something but not songs I would replay or add to my library x

Daft Punk - One More Time: a cute classic but I don't care for it 

David Guetta - Repeat: it's cute but I don't care for it

David Guetta - Titanium: ma'am this is horrible and dated just because it's a classic doesn't mean it's good x

Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan - There for You: used to absolutely love this song and I still like it uwu

MARUV - Siren Song - this is really bad

MØ - Drum: I like it

Nero - Two Minds: I love the beat drop

Rihanna - Where Have You Been: my least favorite single by her, I liked it in like 2012 but this aged TERRIBLY

Robyn - Hang with Me: it's really nice and cured my headache from the song before this 

debby ryan flipping her bangs bang shy acting disney channel girl from jessie audience cheering clapping applauding glove on her hand blinking like yeah i just did that big earrings chuckling to herself laughing giggling.gif

Röyksopp - Never Ever: my headache is literally back PLS um it's cute but too much is going on

Years & Years - Desire: a cute bop

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• clue

• Psycho

• thecptz

• Touch It

Top Posters In This Topic

knew @Touch It would pan me :/

2 minutes ago, Touch It said:

NOOO ILY

And I didn’t even really pan anyone and you went hard on me huh

• ATRL Moderator

I really don’t know where my entry is going to go kii

damn I am so glad I don't have to listen to some of those group 2 entries :bibliahh:

BANKS - Warm Water (Snakehips Remix)

Well. It's a remix. It's cute a bit

Darude - Sandstorm

Mess I'm sure I know this one :rip: I'll probably rank it high for giggles

Giorgio Moroder - Right Here, Right Now

Yup yup yuppity yup

Grimes - 4ÆM

Inch resting :thing: It has that high energy vibe that I enjoy

Jessie Ware - Running (Disclosure Remix)

It's a cute remix :thing:

Karen Harding - Say Something

A generic radio fodder x

Kygo - Firestone

More tolerable than the previous song x

Nero - Into the Past

NOW we are talking :jamming:

Pep & Rash - Rumors

Decent enough

Röyksopp & Robyn - Do It Again

Excellent :clap3:

The Saturdays - Not Giving Up

It's quite terrible but also has some charm to it x

ZjfdneV.png

Group 1

Spoiler

Warm Water - this isn't bad per se, but i'm not a fan either. The way they mixed the vocals is... tragic, to say the least

Sandstorm - nope

Right Here, Right Now - I mean this is ok... i guess

4ÆM - lol, no. This is boring, uninteresting and goes nowhere.

Running - See Warm Water ^^^

Say Something - This is cute. Probably the best song so far, but that doesn't really say much :toofunny3:

Firestone - YES, finally a good ****ing song :clap3:

Into The Past - this is cute

Rumors -  eh, dated af

Do It Again - issa bop

Not Giving Up - ehh,  it's ok

Group 2

Spoiler

One More Time - classic? yup!

Repeat - it's ok

Titanium - YUP! Used to love this so much back when it was released, so many good memories attached to it!

There For You - this is like better than most the entries so far but it's also quite weak in comparison to Martin's other songs

Siren Song - bop!

Drum - this is quite cute

Two Minds - this is a cute little bop tbh, nice!

Where Have You Been - plssss that drop. this is dated af but not awful i guess

Hang With Me - oh this is very cute, i like it

Never Ever - not bad at all

Desire - eh, it's okay. Not awful but not quite there either. Lacks punch.

No points were made as per usual

v330CSS.gif

2 minutes ago, disruptive said:

ZjfdneV.png

Group 1

Reveal hidden contents

Warm Water - this isn't bad per se, but i'm not a fan either. The way they mixed the vocals is... tragic, to say the least

Sandstorm - nope

Right Here, Right Now - I mean this is ok... i guess

4ÆM - lol, no. This is boring, uninteresting and goes nowhere.

Running - See Warm Water ^^^

Say Something - This is cute. Probably the best song so far, but that doesn't really say much :toofunny3:

Firestone - YES, finally a good ****ing song :clap3:

Into The Past - this is cute

Rumors -  eh, dated af

Do It Again - issa bop

Not Giving Up - ehh,  it's ok

Group 2

Reveal hidden contents

One More Time - classic? yup!

Repeat - it's ok

Titanium - YUP! Used to love this so much back when it was released, so many good memories attached to it!

There For You - this is like better than most the entries so far but it's also quite weak in comparison to Martin's other songs

Siren Song - bop!

Drum - this is quite cute

Two Minds - this is a cute little bop tbh, nice!

Where Have You Been - plssss that drop. this is dated af but not awful i guess

Hang With Me - oh this is very cute, i like it

Never Ever - not bad at all

Desire - eh, it's okay. Not awful but not quite there either. Lacks punch.

awful round, awful songs. Group 2 ate Group 1 UP though

emote.png

TKMOA2m.png

GROUP 1

Spoiler

Warm Water - It's alright. Doesn't stand out at all, though.

Sandstorm - This is activating my fight or flight response. I feel like I got transported back to 2003 or sumn and I'm 6 years old again playing one of those racing video games that restaurants used to have inside of them. :deadbanana2:It definitely stands out, and in a good way I think.

Right Here, Right Now - WHEWWW. A bop. So fun and fresh.

4ÆM - This is cute. One of the only songs from MA that I still return to.

Running - A lil basic, but it's cute.

Say Something - Unexpectedly bopping to this one. Whew.

Firestone - Unremarkable and boring.

Into the Past - She alright. Definitely a bit too long, though.

Rumors - Cute. I like this.

Do It Again - I've always liked this.

Not Giving Up - Super basic. Not my type of thing I guess.

GROUP 2

Spoiler

One More Time - One of my favorite submissions of the season so far. SO good and a bonafide classic.

Repeat - It's alright, super basic and not exciting.

Titanium - I HATE this song. It is so grating. I'm sorry.

There for You - Another unremarkable one for me. I like the lyrics, I guess, but it's not doing anything for me.

Siren Song - This was REALLY cute. And this a SHITrovision girl? Oh wow.

Drum - Very cute. I like the chorus.

Two Minds - WHEWWW. I love the drop. The bass-y synth >>>

Where Have You Been - Absolute classic. I still LOVE this even more than WFL. This song really takes me there :jonny:

Hang with Me - It's okay. Not really super remarkable.

Never Ever - Kinda loud, but it's cute.

Desire - Very UK 2016 radio smash. :kii2:. Um it's alright.

Clue and Miguel :heart2: 

dDNhsUx.png

Group 1

BANKS - Warm Water (Snakehips Remix): Eh. Never heard this rihmix before but Snakehips doesn't impress me much with what they do with Warm Water. 

Darude - Sandstorm: The Rick Roll of EDM. With that being said, this is one of the first trance songs i've been exposed to and liked so I have an attachment to it. 

Giorgio Moroder - Right Here, Right Now: The production is kind of ugly and Kylie doesn't seem all that impressionable either. 

Grimes - 4ÆM: I like the dancefloor drum and bass approach she went for this. 

Jessie Ware - Running (Disclosure Remix): It's okay. Similar case with Warm Water, I actually prefer the original over this. 

Karen Harding - Say Something: The MNEK production is promising but Karen is not all that appealing to me. Middle of the road. 

Kygo - Firestone: The vocals suck, Kygo is talentless and tropical house was a trend that I certainly do not miss. 

Nero - Into the Past: Was never into Nero growing up but this isn't the worst thing from them. I don't have any feelings for this other than meh. 

Pep & Rash - Rumors: I wouldn't add this to a personal playlist but it's a bit passable for this round. 

Röyksopp & Robyn - Do It Again: I like it. They made a good team back in the day. 

The Saturdays - Not Giving Up: Sounds like they were trying to replicate another All Fired Up but it didn't turn out to be as good. This is still decent however.

Group 2

Daft Punk - One More Time: This was one of the first things that came to mind when I saw what this round was going to be so bravo on an original choice. 

David Guetta - Repeat: Maybe Jessie J stans will like this but i'm not one of them. 

David Guetta - Titanium: This is borderline unlistenable due to Sia. The past overexposure of this doesn't help either. 

Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan - There for You: Troye as a vocalist just bores me but Garrix does provide some beneficial support. I used to like this a little back in 2017 so i'll go a bit easy on this one. 

MARUV - Siren Song: *eurovision* Yeah no wonder why I don't like this. 

MØ - Drum: Nah, I'm not a fan of her music. Sorry. 

Nero - Two Minds: The production is whatever but Alana's singing is not good here. 

Rihanna - Where Have You Been: An underrated highlight of TTT that got overshadowed by WFL. 

Robyn - Hang with Me:  Hmm, surely there were better Body Talk songs to choose from but it's ok. 

Röyksopp - Never Ever: I got a flashback to when I sent this in ASC and flopped with it. The production is going to filter some people but w/e I still like this overall. 

Years & Years - Desire: Suprisingly I like this one. I would've personally gone with the Gryffin Remix though. It's a lot better than this as an EDM choice.

One More Time: a classic that I’ve never liked, sorry :kii2:

Repeat: I like this yes cute 

Titanium: an aged bop, good luck sis

There For You: love this song, I almost sent this but atrl kinda hates Troye so I didn’t :kii2: good luck sis [2]

Siren Song: eaux wow I like this

Drum: lovely bop yes

Two Minds: it’s cute methinks

Where Have You Been: an aged classic, don’t know if I enjoyed it as I used to

Hang With Me: for a Robyn song this was a bit meh, not the worst though 

Never Ever: sending a 5 minute song for an EDM round... terrible choice baby

Desire: lovely bop yes [2]

This round overall was disappointing :katie:

So anyways

For the purposes of my reviews I’m not gonna make any judgments on whether I think a song is EDM or not. It’s just too difficult a discussion to have. And since EDM ages so badly I tried to imagine I was listening to these songs in the years they were released.

BANKS - Warm Water (Snakehips Remix)

I really liked this. Very chill.

Darude - Sandstorm

asdhasdfjs iconic song! 

whew I love this song so much! I considered sending it but I wasn’t sure if it counted as EDM 

Grimes - 4ÆM

This is immaculately produced. Not particularly my style though. 

I really like this bop. Jessie’s voice works so well with EDM music imo.

Not a fan of this tbh, I really don't like the vocal production

Kygo - Firestone

Not a huge fan of this either, it’s not bad but it’s quite uninspired until the drop, which I think could hit a bit harder.

Nero - Into the Past

whew I love this, it’s so epic 

Pep & Rash - Rumors

blah

Bop, this KNOCKS. I like it 

inch resting… :) 

So anyways

5 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

So anyways

BANKS - Warm Water (Snakehips Remix): It's cute but too low energy/slow and I wouldn't call it EDM...

Darude - Sandstorm: Meme'd classic 5wqCtJi.gif

Giorgio Moroder - Right Here, Right Now: This classique Leespoons Kylie GIF - Leespoons Kylie KylieMinogue - Discover ...

Grimes - 4ÆM: It's a cute bop

Jessie Ware - Running (Disclosure Remix): Overtime >

Karen Harding - Say Something: 5wqCtJi.gif

Kygo - Firestone: Tired beat :zzz:

Nero - Into the Past: Very nice but danceable? Questionable...

Pep & Rash - Rumors: :jamming:

Röyksopp & Robyn - Do It Again: Body Talk'd serve :katie2:

The Saturdays - Not Giving Up: Yassss 5wqCtJi.gif

Not cool enough for a banner, so :chick3:

SHELVEN'S CRITIQUES

GROUP 1

Spoiler

Banks - Warm Water (Snakeships Remix)

It’s not bad, but it mostly just feels like a generic DJ remix to me. Didn’t really capture my attention.

Darude - Sandstorm

A risky and creative choice, but honestly, the memes aside, this song is a BOP. Always very fun to listen to.

Great choice. Solid production and very catchy. I liked this a lot!

Grimes - 4ÆM

This is a really cool song. I really liked the dark and mesmerizing feel, and the song moved enough to make it interesting the whole way through.

Basically the same critique as the Banks song - I’ve never been a huge fan of most DJ remixes of pre-existing songs, they’ve always felt generic to me. This is better than the Banks one at least.

This was nice! Good production and I liked her vocal tone a lot.

Kygo - Firestone

I used to like this song quite a bit when it first came out, but it’s kind of gotten boring to me over the years. It’s still not bad, though, Kygo’s production is always very smooth.

Nero - Into The Past

Whew, the production on this is great and super captivating. I absolutely love the recurring orchestral section. Really good entry!

Pep & Rash - Rumors

Ok wow the breakdown in the chorus kinda slayed me. The song itself starts to feel pretty repetitive, but overall I like it, it’s fun and high-energy.

Robyn’s voice always sounds so good on electronic production. This is a good song overall, it’s not super memorable to me, but I liked it.

Eh, it’s catchy and the production’s not bad, but this feels more like a generic, heavily-produced pop song than an EDM song. It’s decent, but it’s kind of just… there.

GROUP 2

Spoiler

Daft Punk - One More Time

Ok this is definitely a classic, but tbh I forgot how annoying the vocal effects are and how much it drags in the middle. The good parts are really good though.

David Guetta - Repeat

Of all the David Guetta songs, why this one? It’s not bad and Jessie’s vocals are nice, but I feel like he has a ton of way better songs for this round. This one’s kind of bland.

David Guetta - Titanium

Speaking of way better David Guetta songs! I know some people call this dated but I don’t care. Always loved this song, always will.

Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan - There For You

Eh, I mean I guess there’s nothing wrong with it, but like… I feel like I’ve heard a million songs exactly like this in the last few years. Feels very faceless.

MARUV - Siren Song

Ooh ok this is good. I like the sultry feel of the verses, the breakdown is catchy and fun, and her voice is captivating. A good song all around!

MØ - Drum

I really need to listen to more MØ because I like pretty much anything I hear by her, this included. Something about her voice is so pleasant to listen to. Calling this EDM is a pretty big stretch though.

Nero - Two Minds

Ok I had never heard of Nero before this round but thank you to whoever submitted this and the one in Group 1 because both these songs are great. LOVE the bass on this and her voice works great on this production.

Rihanna - Where Have You Been

Whew I way I STANNED this when TTT first came out. It’s honestly held up pretty well tbh, some parts of the production are a bit more grating now but the verses are still great and I’ve always liked the breakdown.

Robyn - Hang With Me

It’s a very cute and nice song, but this is another one that’s a BIG stretch to call EDM - it’s pretty obviously a synth-pop song which isn’t the same as EDM to me. I do like the song quite a lot, though, so I’m very torn on this.

Röyksopp - Never Ever

This is cute and very fun. It’s yet another song that feels more like a regular pop song than an EDM song though (but this one does feel slightly closer to EDM at times than some of the other songs I’ve given this criticism to)

Years & Years - Desire

Chile why is this group filled with so many songs that are barely EDM. This is nice and catchy, although nothing in it really stands out as grabbing my attention.

Cute I’ll take it :heart2: a great guest judge me thinks

Hire Normani stan

Fire stitch stan

5wqCtJi.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.