Vanishing Letters 6 | WINNER: Psycho a.k.a. jamesfrog

clue

Sweet Dreams - classic & quality banger, love love love, i sent this and let it go worried that it was TOO upbeat to do well

but i LOVE dancefloor anthems and this is one of my go to karaoke songs (if I'm too drunk to attempt anything more challenging)

Goodnight and Go - really lovely, really love the intricate production elements

The Roof - very cute, stunning album. kind of dull and a bit long tho x sorry

Kids - really love everything about this :weeps: 

Edge of Seventeen - it's okay. i don't visit this much. it doesn't do much for me despite me loving her voice :dancehall3:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• clue

• Psycho

• thecptz

• Touch It

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Dreams - Classic

Goodnight n Go - YASSSS

The Roof - It's cute.

Kids - Yas a indie bop

Edge of Seventeen - It's good but not Rumours level good

27 minutes ago, Psycho said:

Edge of Seventeen - It's good but not Rumours level good

Better than anything on Rumours that isn't Dreams :monkey:

sweet dreams: cute classic I guess

goodnight n go: I lowkey like this a lot more than Ariana's version bc it doesn't have that generic beat drop so I rlly like this version

the roof: After a much-publicized divorce from Mottola, Mariah released her sixth album, Butterfly, in 1997. This was her "all-grown-up" arrival. Praised as a “transitional album,” Butterfly saw Mariah meld hip-pop, R&B, and pop to craft her trademark genre-defying aesthetic. This song complemented her personal story so powerfully during the Butterfly era that it remains one of her greatest achievements in conveying vulnerability in love. an emotional ballad with excellent writing, sampling and vocals. Mariah is soft and sublime on this record opting for airy vocals rather than power and it fits extremely well. Mariah turns the nostalgia of a romantic rooftop encounter into a universal story of lust and love. It’s an immersive masterpiece. Her vocals are soft, restrained and breathy, transporting you onto that rooftop, which sounds like a much sexier place in song than it probably is in real life. You’ll never want to leave. It's kind of insane that "The Roof" isn't a monster classic R&B hit, but somehow it just never got its due. It's not only Mariah's sexiest video, it's also a song that still feels just as fresh, sultry, and baby-making today as it did in 1998. And the lyrics are basically as titillating as a soft-core romance novel, but specific and well-written. Basically, this song will make you blush as you remember your last sexcapade. This song is my jam! This was the very first Mariah Carey song I heard. I loved the emotion and vulnerablity of this song. I think it still is her best R&B song she has made. The lyrics to this song are what got me. I also think this song showcases all facets of her voice really well. My favorite MC song.

kids: not really feeling it but cool

edge of seventeen: I usually dont like her and fleetwood mac but I really enjoyed this one

4 hours ago, Touch It said:

the roof: After a much-publicized divorce from Mottola, Mariah released her sixth album, Butterfly, in 1997. This was her "all-grown-up" arrival. Praised as a “transitional album,” Butterfly saw Mariah meld hip-pop, R&B, and pop to craft her trademark genre-defying aesthetic. This song complemented her personal story so powerfully during the Butterfly era that it remains one of her greatest achievements in conveying vulnerability in love. an emotional ballad with excellent writing, sampling and vocals. Mariah is soft and sublime on this record opting for airy vocals rather than power and it fits extremely well. Mariah turns the nostalgia of a romantic rooftop encounter into a universal story of lust and love. It’s an immersive masterpiece. Her vocals are soft, restrained and breathy, transporting you onto that rooftop, which sounds like a much sexier place in song than it probably is in real life. You’ll never want to leave. It's kind of insane that "The Roof" isn't a monster classic R&B hit, but somehow it just never got its due. It's not only Mariah's sexiest video, it's also a song that still feels just as fresh, sultry, and baby-making today as it did in 1998. And the lyrics are basically as titillating as a soft-core romance novel, but specific and well-written. Basically, this song will make you blush as you remember your last sexcapade. This song is my jam! This was the very first Mariah Carey song I heard. I loved the emotion and vulnerablity of this song. I think it still is her best R&B song she has made. The lyrics to this song are what got me. I also think this song showcases all facets of her voice really well. My favorite MC song.

i-

dDNhsUx.png

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

My local 80s station overplays this to death. I still like it tho. 

Imogen Heap - Goodnight and Go

I also would've preferred Hide and Seek tbh. This isn't doing much for me, but then again this also applies to ari's version.  

Mariah Carey - The Roof

One of her best songs, and the mobb deep sample is ace. 

MGMT - Kids

Sounds like a winner to me. 

Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen

Not bad at all~

PTR

Just now, mokitsu said:

ptr

pyc

Just now, thecptz said:

pyc

mess i forgot well not gonna do them now

Just now, mokitsu said:

mess i forgot well not gonna do them now

yes pls i love mokicritic

6 minutes ago, thecptz said:

yes pls i love mokicritic

at least someone does

just get my elim over with

thecptz

speed up my death

thecptz

WIN

...and the first member of the final 4

Spoiler

1ST PLACE

@Psycho

with "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" by Eurythmics

OVERALL: 2.225
CAST: 2.25 (HIGHEST CAST AVG.)
JUDGES: 2.2

Congratulations on your fourth win, you've earned a spot in the finale :heart: 

CONGRATULATIONS!!! And stay tuned, because you'll be delivering the final chop of the season and in turn ripping someone's shot at the finale right out of their cold hands!

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

thecptz

YASSSSSS congratssss

HIGH

...and the next member of the final 4

Spoiler

2ND PLACE

@Fruity

with "Kids" by MGMT

OVERALL: 2.325
CAST: 3.25 (LOWEST CAST AVG.)
JUDGES: 1.4 (HIGHEST JUDGES AVG.)

Congratulations!! This was my personal favorite pick in the round. You're moving on to the finale

BOTTOM 3: Edge of Seventeen, Goodnight and Go, The Roof

WHO WILL SURVIVE?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.