Vanishing Letters 6 | WINNER: Psycho a.k.a. jamesfrog

clue

LEADERBOARD

Here are the stats for the top four going into the finale...

@Fruity: 1 WIN | 8 HIGHS | 5 SAFES | 1 LOW | 1 BOTTOM (55 POINTS) [3RD PLACE IN SEASON AVERAGES (5.370)]

@mokitsu: 2 WINS | 1 HIGH | 2 SAFES | 6 LOWS | 5 BOTTOMS (37 POINTS) [4TH PLACE IN SEASON AVERAGE (6.171)]

@Psycho: 4 WINS | 5 HIGHS | 6 SAFES | 1 LOW | 0 BOTTOMS (60 POINTS) [2ND PLACE IN SEASON AVERAGE (4.706)]

@Touch It: 5 WINS | 2 HIGHS | 6 SAFES | 3 LOWS | 0 BOTTOMS (57 POINTS) [1ST PLACE IN SEASON AVERAGE (4.701)]

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• clue

• Psycho

• thecptz

• Touch It

Top Posters In This Topic

Best track record purrr

thecptz

Poor moki

Touch It

TKMOA2m.png

PART ONE: SO SAD, NOT SEXY

Spoiler

ghostin

Super glimmery and gorgeous. This really showed off how beautiful her tone is on the album. The melody is SOOOOO pretty.

I Know

Now.... this song.... it took me SO long to appreciate it. And it wasn't until I heard her collab with King Princess where they covered this song last year that I appreciated how beautiful and solemn it is. Whew. SO stunning.

I'm Not in Love

I don't know this gyal but this is pretty nice. Not super interesting, though. I love long songs, but this felt long without a good reason.

Who Knew

About as tolerable as P!NK songs get for me. It's got the sad lyrics for sure.

PART TWO: NECESSARY ARTISTS

Spoiler

Black Skinhead

Topical and iconic. Much better than New Slaves too :praise:. This is one of his best production moments EVER.

Frozen

Classic. Yup. Kinda tired of now, though.

Bad Friend

She's cute.

Blank Space

Mega tired of this song.

PART THREE: THE CLOSER

Spoiler

I Wanna Be Yours

Looooooove this. It's so sexy and ominous. The lyrics are mega cheesy, but that's kinda apart of the charm.

Unison

:winnie:

Kicks

Yasssss. One of the best songs on LP1.

Back in My Body

It's a lil bland and basic to me. Not bad at all, just not really my type of thing. I don't like them drums.

41 minutes ago, Touch It said:

wait we were able to send banned artists for round 1 and 3

who's banned in 1 or 3? :wendy5:

yLBljAt.png

Spoiler

ghostin

I adore this song, it is beautiful, one of my favorite songs by Ariana period. 

I Know

Another beautiful sad track, I love Fiona's voice, it works for more solemn songs.

I'm Not in Love

Not Miss Lu making a comeback, this was okay for me, a bit on the long side, you know I have a short attention span.

Who Knew

One of Pink's actual good songs, she has a few and this is probably in her top 3 for me. 

Spoiler

Black Skinhead

The production is just amazing and this is definitely top 5 Kanye for me. 

Frozen

One of Madonna's best, a classic, I've always loved the vibe of this song, it's very dark dreamy icy. 

Bad Friend

One of my most listened to from Rina's new album, it's good.

Blank Space

I feel like this song sounded better when it was first released, maybe I just listened to it too much, it's good but not great for me now.

Spoiler

I Wanna Be Yours

This is cute but not really for me, it's kinda just there idk, I'm sure a couple of the other judges will love it tho :eli: 

Unison

This is very interesting, Bjork always brings something different, I really enjoyed it tbh.

Kicks

Another interesting/different type of artist, this song captivated me as much as Bjork's, good choice. 

Back in My Body

This is more me out of the 4 here, maybe a little basic in comparison but so is my taste :praise: I really liked it, her vocals are lovely and the production is cute.

Spoiler

well it's over

C9vmuly.gif

17 minutes ago, Touch It said:

ohhh nevermind

i thought the same when I saw Ariana 

like how did that never happen

C9vmuly.gif

2 minutes ago, Fruity said:

i thought the same when I saw Ariana 

like how did that never happen

C9vmuly.gif

ight dksks the same with twigs

ZjG64Qg.png

Spoiler

Ariana Grande - ghostin

What a damn heartbreaker, damn. I was expecting this to get sent earlier in the season, and it's a great pick here now.

Fiona Apple - I Know

So the song is solid...but it definitely dragged on.

Kelsey Lu - I'm Not in Love

Yeah, not my taste, sorry.

P!NK - Who Knew

I know, I know people don't like P!nk here, which is sad (@clue), but this song is legitimately one of her best, if not her best. well done :clap3: 

Spoiler

Kanye West - Black Skinhead

ONE OF MY OTHER FAVORITE KANYE SONGS OF ALL TIME. :worship:

Madonna - Frozen

Honestly, one of the better Madonna songs I've heard for sure. Lyrically interesting and definitely different!

Rina Sawayama - Bad Friend

Typically, I'm very hot and cold on Rina Sawayama, which is why I was pleasantly surprised how this worked so well and wasn't really all over the place.

Taylor Swift - Blank Space

A classic and one of the smartest pop songs of the last decade. :clap3: 

Spoiler

Arctic Monkeys - I Wanna Be Yours

This has a very hypnotic feel to it that I absolutely love. AM was so good in general.

Björk - Unison

Not a Björk fan by any means, which again, I was pleasantly surprised because I liked the song! Pretty nice.

FKA twigs - Kicks

Slightly underwhelmed.

Maggie Rogers - Back in My Body

vMz55lG.png

ZjfdneV.png

Spoiler

ghostin

very beautiful and ethereal, an underrated gem

I Know

i actually hadn't heard a sad song from Fiona until now and I really, really liked this. It works beautifully!

I'm Not In Love

i'm conflicted by this becuase in mayority, i do love it, but i absolutely HATE asmr and the asmr part in this disturbs me so much, we-

Who Knew

honestly i usually don't mind P!nk but i feel like she has better herself, not to mention a lot of other better songs by other artists!

Spoiler

Black Skinhead

the blatant pandering i-

this is my favorite Kanye song sent though, it goes ****ing OFF, wheeeeeeeeeeeew

Frozen

ahhhh, a classic. I'm not one to listen to Madonna much but i really like this song, very beautiful!

Bad Friend

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, best song on the album bop :jonny5:

Blank Space

this is not a bad song whatsoever but it is a basic pop song that, while still good, has lost the charm it had in 2014

Spoiler

I Wanna Be Yours

AHHHH a talented song that deserved MUCH better when i sent in ASC 

emote.gif

Unison

i have to say this is actually probably the best pork song i've heard, i don't actively hate it, which is something in itself, and i actually enjoy it

Kicks

this is just uneventful tbh, i don't hate it whasoever but it's definitely a weak entry in comparison

Back In My Body

this is such a great ****ing song, i love it

z954Y7m.png

(Reusing my Diversity 2 banner because I feel left out not having a cute banner)

Spoiler

PART ONE

ghostin

This is so haunting and pretty. I really like the production and Ariana’s vocals sound beautiful on it. I think it could have been a bit shorter, but it’s a very good song overall.

I Know

Wow, this is mesmerizing. I really haven’t listened to much Fiona but this song makes me want to check her out more. Excellent.

I’m Not In Love

I absolutely LOVED the first 2 minutes, and then it started to drag on and get boring… and then I realized I STILL had over 3 minutes left :rip: This song would be fantastic if it were shorter, but it really doesn’t earn its length.

Who Knew

The rl pandering :eli: I mean it’s cute, but it’s pretty unremarkable and it’s kind of a puzzling choice for a theme THIS broad.

PART TWO

Black Skinhead

Ok there’s VERY little Kanye I like… but WHEW this is an exception. The instrumental is truly iconic. An exciting, dynamic ride of a song.

Frozen

Called this song overrated when I had to critique it for Diversity and I still stand by that opinion. There’s elements of greatness in this song, but it drags and it’s repetitive, sorry.

Bad Friend

My favourite Rina song :jonny: Whew that vocoder chorus hits me every. single. time. A fantastically produced song.

Blank Space

I basically have the same thoughts on this as Who Knew. It’s a cute song (I prefer this to Who Knew for what it’s worth), it just feels like a pretty unremarkable choice for the finale. It’s a nice enough listen though.

PART THREE

I Wanna Be Yours

There’s some Arctic Monkeys songs I love and some I really don’t care for, and this falls somewhere in the middle of those extremes. It’s a nice song, but it’s more like good background music as opposed to something that captures my attention.

Unison

Yeah sorry, I’ve yet to find a Bjork song I actively like and this is no exception. Her vocals are just too annoying to me, they distract from the production which is otherwise pretty nice.

Kicks

It’s a very interesting song. There’s parts of it I really don’t like, but other parts I enjoyed quite a bit. I honestly don’t really know how to feel about this, I’m not really a fan but also I enjoyed the listening experience?

Back In My Body

This is a nice song and a very pleasant listen. It has a really serene quality to it, I found myself more relaxed and in a better mood listening to it.

All acclaim except from the surprise judge !

Edited by Psycho

dDNhsUx.png

Ariana Grande - ghostin

Production is pretty neat. One of the memorable standouts of her discography. 

Fiona Apple - I Know

It fits the mood but it doesn't completely capture me.  Decent song nonetheless. 

Kelsey Lu - I'm Not in Love

It sounds minimal yeah but it drags too much for its own good. 

P!NK - Who Knew

Was sending her this late in the game really a good idea? No bueno. 

Kanye West - Black Skinhead

Now this is what i'm talking about! :yum:

Madonna - Frozen

Downtempo Madonna doesn't do much for me these days but this is fine. 

Rina Sawayama - Bad Friend

Her album only had two good singles and this wasn't one of them i'm afraid :sorry: 

Taylor Swift - Blank Space

Not a fan. Always hated this actually, lmao. 

Arctic Monkeys - I Wanna Be Yours

Not really into this but considering the band, it could've been worse :rip:

Björk - Unison

One of the reasons why Vespertine is Bjoke's best album :worship:

FKA twigs - Kicks

Among her best content :heart:

Maggie Rogers - Back in My Body

If there's a color to describe Maggie's music it would be Beige. This doesn't do anything for me :stare:

Half good half bad for all three parts. Good luck everyone 

gQeYIOY.gif

Looks like I was in the good half for all 3

gQeYIOY.gif

james moki top 2 :praiseshock:

im coming for 4th place but at least I had fun <3

JuSc8Ul.png

PART ONE

Ghostin - I really have to be in a mood to enjoy this a hundred percent, because it's such a beautiful and devastating song. Ignoring the lyrics, her airy delivery and atmospheric, cinematic production just sends chills down my spine every time. It's cathartic and sad for sure, but ultimately it has a hopeful message. Love it :heart: 

I Know - This was the song that made me dive deep into Fiona's catalogue, after I heard and loved King Princess' cover. Honestly I haven't looked at the lyrics but her delivery and the dramatic production always make me tearful. 

I'm Not In Love - Now I love this song, but it's never been a sad song to me? The lyrics are more about denying being in love and honestly I love to meditate to this song. Love the atmospheric production.

Who Knew - The electric guitar riff reminds me so much of Since U been Gone :rip: Maybe it's a stupid comparison but whatever. I don't like it much. Not a fan of this 2000s pop-rock sound.

PART TWO

Black Skinhead - Kanye's best album for sure. The production in this is just out of this world. I was so shook when this came out, like how can hip-hop and music sound like this. An excellent song for sure.

Frozen - Another song that surprised me the first time I listened to it. Knowing Madonna for her bops only, I was really surprised she could pull off an electronic dramatic string 6 minute ballad (and make it a hit). Amazing lyrics, among her career best, especially that second verse :heart:  

Bad Friend - I love this quick lil bop but definitely sticks out among these classiques. The bridge is super corny.

Blank Space - Not some people saying this should've been left in 2014 :rip: even when I was an OTH I couldn't deny the excellence of this song. One of the most wordy but smart and catchy pop choruses I think. Love how this tells a story as well. Another Sag anthem by the queen Sag. 

PART THREE

I Wanna Be Yours - Didn't like this in ASC and I don't like this now. Now this is a song (and band) that should've been left in 2013. 

Unison - This is horrible and boring. Bjork's voice creeps me out and makes my skin crawl. Literal nails on a chalkboard. And it's 7 minutes long. No maam.

Kicks - LP1 is more about production, delivery and setting a mood than about lyrics, I think this one tells a story and finishes the album pretty well. It starts with her feeling desperate about being alone, but as the song goes on she sounds more confortable in her own sexuality and eventually admits it's even better than her lover's touch. In album where she wants to be able to trust her lover and be intimate with him, but never seems to completely fulfill that need, it's ironic how she ends up resorting to... herself.

Back in My Body - It's okay. Sounds like all of her songs.

Good luck to everyone!! This was a really frustrating season for me and it's kinda bittersweet I was carried to the finale for being a bad player, but I'm glad I'm here nonetheless. I sent 3 songs I really love and I obviously didn't come here expecting to win so any placement will do.

vNoQv9j.gif

2 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

ASC

its coming

PUtcykL.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.