• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuatemenor

• taustin13

• Movimento Perpétuo

• brainmaniac

Poor Nelly. The way she came from mega smash Loose to this massive flop

Mess, I thought it couldn't get worse than The Spirit Indestructible for Nelly. :rip: From what I've heard so far, The Ride sounds like a pretty good album, too.

I feel sad for her, because you can tell she worked hard on this album and is very committed to it.

This is sad but if she's happy doing her own thing and doesn't care about charts as y'all say then good for her I guess :cm:

I used to love Nelly back in the day but I absolutely hated Say It Right so I stopped checking on her after that :biblio:

This makes me so sad but I did my part as a fan and bought this amazing album. :gaycat5:

YIKES! Poor Nelly. It's  been flop and flip since Loose, a decade ago :jonny:

Edited by JustActinUP

On 4/11/2017 at 1:10 PM, Eternium said:

Any Britney, Bey, Christina stans old enough to remember when she and Norah Jones were supposed to kill our faves' careers? :fan: 

Norah's new album at least sold 44,000 first week and charted at number 2 on the BB200 :fan:

1 hour ago, ontherocks said:

i am srsly surprised that with her previous success she had and she had 3 successful albums before, she was not able to build a devoted fanbase. 

like, how does that even happen?

It was two successful albums. Her second album flopped too. She never had two successful albums in a row. That's why there's no fanbase

6 minutes ago, Slayn said:

Norah's new album at least sold 44,000 first week and charted at number 2 on the BB200 :fan:

Britney's sold 88k. I will give Norah props for lasting a lot longer than I expected her to.

1 minute ago, brainmaniac said:

It was two successful albums. Her second album flopped too. She never had two successful albums in a row. That's why there's no fanbase

compared to what she had with TSI and with this album, it was a major smash. It did find some success in some territories though. 

But even with two albums that came out within a few years, you'd expect more than 1.8k to be left who are really rabid fans.

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

Britney's sold 88k. I will give Norah props for lasting a lot longer than I expected her to.

actually, Norah's last album did more than 500k worldwide. And that is from Feb. It's a respectable result.

3 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

compared to what she had with TSI and with this album, it was a major smash. It did find some success in some territories though. 

But even with two albums that came out within a few years, you'd expect more than 1.8k to be left who are really rabid fans.

Well sis anything looks like a blockbuster compared to TSI and this album :deadbanana2:

But remember those numbers that she had for the second album were considered terrible for 2003. You can't really maintain a fanbase with those numbers 

You gotta remember about 5-6 years passed from Whoa Nelly to Loose. A lot of fans moved on by then.

Also Nelly had more of a singer songwriter/folk thing going on Whoa Nelly and her going sexy and urban on Loose alienated a lot of fans who had been loyal, which was okay because she gained new fans from Loose,

But then those new fans weren't given follow up material in a timely fashion to solidify their loyalty to Nelly and once again another 5-6 years passed and those new fans peaced out and that's what led to TSI being a disaster :deadbanana3:

On 11/4/2017 at 10:05 AM, Planet Mars said:

I always wonder how these things happen. 10 years ago, with the exception of Fergie and Beyonce, Nelly Furtado was arguably the biggest female artist on earth. 'Promiscious', 'Stay It Right' and 'Give It To Me' were inescapable on radio. What has to happen for all those fans who took 'Loose' to 10M sales to just disappear :rip:

The casual public is not made of fans.

She deserves this flop. I need her to back to Timbaland. 

37 minutes ago, Eternium said:

I didn't mean to shade Britney lmao, she's obviously more relevant than Norah

On 4/11/2017 at 0:06 PM, Sscorpionn said:

Truly dead but i expected her to have a small loyal fanbase to buy her albums at least like Alicia. Not even 10k. :deadbanana3:

She's been basically invisible since Loose so this should've been completely expected. No one really knows who she is currently. Not a large bulk of streaming / buying public anyway.

:rip:Why did we [music listeners] do ha dirty

On 2017-04-11 at 0:00 PM, Supervillain said:

photo whoopi on the ground_zpsqqr3u8za.gif

LMAO 

8 hours ago, ontherocks said:

i am srsly surprised that with her previous success she had and she had 3 successful albums before, she was not able to build a devoted fanbase. 

like, how does that even happen?

Waiting 6 years after Loose to just release a bad album didn't help

omg this is unfair

this song is still one of the best pop songs of the last 20 years

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.