Nelly sells 1.8K first week.

iHype.

I like Nelly Futado too (I probably misspelled her name). But can you add her last name to this title? There's obviously is a Rapper named Nelly too, so this creates confusion about which Nelly is discussed in this thread.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuatemenor

• taustin13

• Movimento Perpétuo

• brainmaniac

idgi. She has HUGE hits. HUGE. Literally like every song from Loose was a hit single. Where is her fanbase? I'm gonna buy a copy.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:02 PM, makeme said:

Umm Gwens diamond was released in 1995 and her last album went #1 in 2016 . Fergie couldn't even get her album released and there's no way Nelly would ever get a #1 album again . Gwen is in a lane of her own . Not hating on Nelly tho i love ha 

Yeah Gwen is a celebrity icon, so honestly her albums will always do okay and she'll always have a record deal. Idk what's happening to Fergie, and Nelly just doesn't care I don't think.

17 hours ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

/

still better than Gwen's... can sis even tour :rip:

I went to her tour in Tampa and it was almost $OLD OWT !!!

But in all realness yeah her tour didn't do so well and the ticket prices were low but shes not in her prime anymore. Rihanna is still in her prime and couldn't even outdo her last tour with her current one :rip:

OMG I kept seeing this thread and expected Nelly the rapper :skull:

I know her last album sold 6K but I can't believe she went from Loose to not even selling 2 ****ing K and missing the chart completely WTF :skull:

Biggest decline I can think of. 

6 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

I like Nelly Futado too (I probably misspelled her name). But can you add her last name to this title? There's obviously is a Rapper named Nelly too, so this creates confusion about which Nelly is discussed in this thread.

I was expecting the thread owner to fix the OP immediately since many people got confused but it seems that he went away forever from ATRL. micheal_zps45ccf519.gif

On 4/11/2017 at 5:12 PM, Truth Teller said:

She did a couple of interviews online and went on The Today Show to randomly perform a song from 2003.

So, nope :fan:

She did a lot of promo for TSI though and it didnt make any difference.

I think she genuinely doesnt care about charts like you said. 

On 11/4/2017 at 11:35 AM, AbeHicks said:

You didn't miss anything

The album is not good at all

Lies

On 4/11/2017 at 7:29 PM, HausofLeos said:

Didn't even know she released a new album and barely know who she is :deadbanana:

I'm not even surprised since I don't know a single song from her and I wonder why she was "so big" according to atrl. If she was that big how did she go from selling millions (?) To less than 2k. Sad i guess :biblio:

There is no if sis. Her debut album sold 9 million copies worldwide. Her first single Fly like a bird just took off and the album just sold really well on the back of that. Her second 3 million with no real hit. And she had a huge commercially successful album in 2006 with Loose and huge singles, all over the world. It sold 12 million worldwide and was as big, if not bigger than Mariahs TEOM era.

So there is no if. She then released a lovely spanish album in 2009 and disappeared until 2012.

She was never someone who craved huge sales. It just happened for her. Im sure she was as surprised as anyone that she had that huge success in 2006. 

24 minutes ago, taustin13 said:

There is no if sis. Her debut album sold 9 million copies worldwide. Her first single Fly like a bird just took off and the album just sold really well on the back of that. Her second 3 million with no real hit. And she had a huge commercially successful album in 2006 with Loose and huge singles, all over the world. It sold 12 million worldwide and was as big, if not bigger than Mariahs TEOM era.

So there is no if. She then released a lovely spanish album in 2009 and disappeared until 2012.

She was never someone who craved huge sales. It just happened for her. Im sure she was as surprised as anyone that she had that huge success in 2006. 

Except that Loose didn't sell 12 million WW :biblio:. 8 million at best. It was at 7-7.5 million by the end of 2007. I don't see it has sole like 5 million since then.

P/s: mediatraffic  has it at 7 million by the end of 2009: http://www.mediatraffic.de/2000-2009-album-chart.htm. I know mediatraffic isn't official but 12 million sales is definitely unreasonable, 

Edited by KKCuteCat

On 4/15/2017 at 9:38 AM, Miley Ray Cyrus said:

Nelly is an ultraflop but Gwen album still flopped big time, let's say Nelly and Gwen still can tour and release their albums while the other has-been is a irrelevant version of Kim Kardeshian.

Just because Fergie hasn't released a album doesn't mean she couldn't debut more than 1.8k copies in US. Do you really think Fergie couldn't touch Nelly's sale numbers?

Gwen opened with 80k and debuted at #1. That's much better than 1.8k copies and couldn't chart. Get real pls

Edited by KKCuteCat

On 4/12/2017 at 10:43 PM, brainmaniac said:

It was two successful albums. Her second album flopped too. She never had two successful albums in a row. That's why there's no fanbase

her second album sold 3 million worldwide, which was far from a flop for an artist like Nelly,

Its singles didnt really take off but the album sold OK. 

34 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

Except that Loose didn't sell 12 million WW :biblio:. 8 million at best. It was at 7-7.5 million by the end of 2007. I don't see it has sole like 5 million since then.

P/s: mediatraffic  has it at 7 million by the end of 2009: http://www.mediatraffic.de/2000-2009-album-chart.htm. I know mediatraffic isn't official but 12 million sales is definitely unreasonable, 

the canadian encyclopedia has it at 10 million, wiki said 12. Regardless of actual sales the loose album both era and singles was huge. 

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/en/article/nelly-furtado/

28 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

Just because Fergie hasn't released a album doesn't mean she couldn't debut more than 1.8k copies in US. Do you really think Fergie couldn't touch Nelly's sale numbers?

Gwen opened with 80k and debuted at #1. That's much better than 1.8k copies and couldn't chart. Get real pls

That was a great opening for Gwen when you think Mariah opened with about 55k.

But Fergie cmon ? Who is really here for new Fergie music in 2017.. 

5 minutes ago, taustin13 said:

the canadian encyclopedia has it at 10 million, wiki said 12. Regardless of actual sales the loose album both era and singles was huge. 

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/en/article/nelly-furtado/

I didn't say the era wasn't huge. It was actually one of the biggest eras in 2006/2007 among female artists. But 10 or 12 million sales are not true. And every Nelly stan knows that. 

And about Fergie, she isn't as huge as she used to be. But at lease her singles can debut on Hot 100 and made Top 40. If she released an album, i'm sure she will be selling better than Nelly. That's for sure.

Edited by KKCuteCat

1 minute ago, KKCuteCat said:

I didn't say the era wasn't huge. It was actually one of the biggest eras in 2006/2007 among female artists. But 10 or 12 million sales are not true. And every Nelly stan knows that. 

I didnt say you didnt. I was making a point to someone who said IF she was huge when you jumped on my point. I just checked Wiki for the sales. Who cares if youre a nelly stan lol, like what relevance does that even have. You just checked the data available, same as me. If there are wrong numbers on wiki feel free to correct them. 

5 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

And about Fergie, she isn't as huge as she used to be. But at lease her singles can debut on Hot 100 and made Top 40. If she released an album, i'm sure she will be selling better than Nelly. That's for sure.

Are you being ironic !? 

2 minutes ago, taustin13 said:

I didnt say you didnt. I was making a point to someone who said IF she was huge when you jumped on my point. I just checked Wiki for the sales. Who cares if youre a nelly stan lol, like what relevance does that even have. You just checked the data available, same as me. If there are wrong numbers on wiki feel free to correct them. 

wikipedia are super unreliable. No one uses wikipedia besides you as a source. The only official source for sales were IFPI. Mediatraffic was close too.

And i'm now even a Nelly's stan, i'm just saying that every Nelly's stan will laugh at 12 million sales for Loose because it's not true. Lolz. It's like some source claims that Avril Lavigne's Let Go has sold 20 million. Every single stan of Avril knows it's not true. 

4 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

wikipedia are super unreliable. No one uses wikipedia besides you as a source. The only official source for sales were IFPI. Mediatraffic was close too.

And i'm now even a Nelly's stan, i'm just saying that every Nelly's stan will laugh at 12 million sales for Loose because it's not true. Lolz. It's like some source claims that Avril Lavigne's Let Go has sold 20 million. Every single stan of Avril knows it's not true. 

Your shade is weak sis. Do you think i actually care if i got the number wrong. Let it go. 

Edited by taustin13

3 minutes ago, taustin13 said:

Are you being ironic !? 

1) I just point out that no matter how flop Fergie is at this point of her career, she's still way bigger than Nelly. Get it? 

Just now, taustin13 said:

Your shade is weak sis. Do you think i actually care if i got the number wrong. Let it go. 

Yes you do care. And my post wasn't even a shade. I came here and discuss very nicely until you get mad at me for nothing. Anyway, talking to you make me feel like i'm talking with a 5 years old sis. We should stop here. :)

1 minute ago, KKCuteCat said:

1) I just point out that no matter how flop Fergie is at this point of her career, she's still way bigger than Nelly. Get it? 

Again, who cares ? 

Listening to the album for the first time rn. I can see why it's sold these amount of copies. Not because it's bad, but because it doesn't hit hard like her past releases. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.