• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Movimento Perpétuo

• karma police

• kuatemenor

• Dark Miracles

legend :clap3: 

I might update her Spotify and VEVO streams and check if we do really have any updated sales of The Ride soon

Sales in Italy are much lower... I'd suggest sales look more like this:

1,2k - Germany

0,3k - Italy

49 minutes ago, stevyy said:

Sales in Italy are much lower... I'd suggest sales look more like this:

1,2k - Germany

0,3k - Italy

Really? I thought albums around the #60-#70 position would sell something around the 1k mark over there.

Thanks. I might look for some receipts

Does anyone know how much artists get paid from spotify? I always wondered this, for example Nelly has 4.6m monthly streams and this equals how much in $ for her? 

Edit: I googled it and found out  the average "per stream" payout to rights holders lands somewhere between $0.006 and $0.0084.

So we have 0.007 which is distributed among the music's right holders. So the artist is getting even less than that.

That's so little. Atleast I hope the fact Nelly writes her own songs and is independent now  helps her getting larger portion of the payout.. :)

Edited by dempt

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, Born to Die said:

I might update this until the end of the month. :eli:

@kuatemenor @karma police @Dark Miracles any idea at how much The Ride has sold by far? i've been out from ATRL and music news for a while. 

I don't know how to get that information. :'(

I think it must be difficult to get the real global sales for an independent release. 

On 20.07.2017 at 1:32 AM, Born to Die said:

how much The Ride has sold by far?

not much

tH3OU06.gif

• 2 months later...
On 19.01.2017 at 5:45 PM, Soviet Killers said:

tH3OU06.gif

RELEASED: March 31 2017
ESTIMATED SALES: 30,000

26a07mK.png

Tbh I doubt it has sold more than 10 000- 15 000 copies tbh :toofunny2:

Anyway, great job @Soviet Killers :clap3:

(btw. you have to stop changing your username  :toofunny3:

2 minutes ago, karma police said:

Tbh I doubt it has sold more than 10 000- 15 000 copies tbh :toofunny2:

Anyway, great job @Soviet Killers :clap3:

(btw. you have to stop changing your username  :toofunny3:

It was a high estimation though. I guess it shipped 30k copies WW :toofunny2: 

And I will. I promise :dies: 

43 minutes ago, Soviet Killers said:

It was a high estimation though. I guess it shipped 30k copies WW :toofunny2:

Nelly said in one of her fb live streams (in a week or two before the actual release) how many CDs they actually pressed in the initial batch, afair it was like 5 000 copies :priceless:

@Dark Miracles will probably know exact number and which stream I'm talking about (the one from her mgmt headquarters in NY, in which Nelly was also cackling that CD cases have wrong tracklist printed in the booklets).

Anyway, I really doubt if they pressed any more CDs beyond the initial batch, so your estimation is kind of orbiting closely to the Moon @Soviet Killers

jWDwClI.gif

Edited by karma police

2 minutes ago, karma police said:

Nelly said in one of her fb live streams (in a week or two before the actual release) how many CDs they actually pressed in the initial batch, afair it was like 5 000 copies :priceless:

@Dark Miracles will probably know exact number and which stream I'm talking about (the one from her mgmt headquarters in NY, in which Nelly also cackling that CD cases have wrong tracklist printed in the booklets).

Anyway, I really doubt if they pressed any more CDs beyond the initial batch, so your estimation is kind of orbiting closely to the Moon @Soviet Killers

jWDwClI.gif

ffff :skull:

I can't believe the album has shipped less than 10k worldwide

jWDwClI.gif

What happened to the 2001 and 2006-2007 IT girl?

jWDwClI.gif

-

Lemme put 10k then :-* 

4 minutes ago, Soviet Killers said:

I can't believe the album has shipped less than 10k worldwide

4 minutes ago, Soviet Killers said:

What happened to the 2001 and 2006-2007 IT girl?

Rw6wgU3.gif

Edited by karma police

5 minutes ago, karma police said:

Rw6wgU3.gif

she looked perfect on this iconic video. Lemme stream and give some coins to Nelly afford Nevis' college

I updated tho. Something more...realistic :-* 

Thanks for the update. :clap3: 

The estimated sales don't include the digital sales? 

I'm surprised "Waiting For The Night" being almost in the Top 10 most viewed of her Vevo Channel with 11 million. It's coming for Big Hoops' wig. :eek: 

Just now, kuatemenor said:

Thanks for the update. :clap3: 

The estimated sales don't include the digital sales

I'm surprised "Waiting For The Night" being almost in the Top 10 most viewed of her Vevo Channel with 11 million. It's coming for Big Hoops' wig. :eek: 

Unfortunately not, because I didn't found anything and let's be fair, TR probably has sold just a few dozen of digital copies. I guess we'll never get Nelly's SPS :'( 

I'm bad at estimating and I don't know how do sales work but I thought she would do better in digital sales than physical. The Ride was Top 10 in some countries just few hours after the release on iTunes. 

3 minutes ago, kuatemenor said:

I'm bad at estimating and I don't know how do sales work but I thought she would do better in digital sales than physical. The Ride was Top 10 in some countries just few hours after the release on iTunes. 

Yeah, but some countries which was top 10 like Germany and others the digital sales are very little, idk if it would help a lot and plus most of these countries don't reveal the digital sales. I guess. I do hope we'll have her full receipts sooner. It's time! It has been almost 6 years or so that her sales haven't been completly officially updated. Just estimations from fans.

12 hours ago, karma police said:

@Dark Miracles will probably know exact number and which stream I'm talking about (the one from her mgmt headquarters in NY, in which Nelly was also cackling that CD cases have wrong tracklist printed in the booklets).

jWDwClI.gif

:ahh:

5 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

:ahh:

i just :skull: 

i love how honest she is.

jWDwClI.gif

• 11 months later...

VEVO and spotify numbers updated after a year 

@Dark Miracles @karma police can we talk about how far her streams increased in a year on Spotify, especially without a hit for a decade? I'm surprised at Whoa, Nelly! and TSI streams increase :eek: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.