• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Green

• Ger

• slw84

55 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

it does, but a song that's only doing great with radio programmers isn't one I would call having an amazing/smashing performance

Embarrassing... Don't Start Now is doing great on every metric and the longevity is absolutely incredible.

Without the album drops this week: #6 on Rolling Stone (no radio), #7 on on HDD streaming chart - That's after nearly 5 months of being released. Let's also not forget that DSN has the best callout scores out of any song, net positivity 51.5%, so it's not the "radio programmers" but the radio listeners.

Edited by NightCrawler

2 hours ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Promotion wouldn’t explode it 100+ points over The Box, no matter what. IMO, live promo has hardly any effect on what’s being heard anymore. Nobody’s watching TV that’s gonna influence the charts that much. They can easily pivot to more digital marketing, though.

Let’s get it back on TikTok, ads on Spotify.. hell I literally saw a Lil Baby ad for his new album on ****hub.

The Box is an absolute anthem, btw.

The Box's points are starting to crash. Assuming BL isn't too strong in the coming weeks, DSN would only probably need about 350 points to go #1. With the album release it'll gain points, and TV promo, especially now, could've helped... TV ratings have been up across the board the last two weeks. And for some reason Dua seems promo sensitive. 

I do think she has a shot at it. They need to try to get her YT streams up, it seems like that's hurting her the most right now.

6 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

dua lipa can promote

do some acustic performances on youtube and upload them there

do short live concert from your couch on YT

it's streaming era, many posibilites

I agree. The Weeknd, Dua, Gaga should all be doing something like this in the coming weeks. This is the time to be super creative with promo. 

22 hours ago, tanooki said:

full 100
2 Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

hopefullu a week at #1
4 The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

next #1
5 Post Malone - Circles

record breaking top 10 smash
6 Lil Uzi Vert - Baby Pluto
7 Arizona Zervas - ROXANNE
8 Lil Uzi Vert - Lo Mein
9 Lil Uzi Vert - Silly Watch
10 Justin Bieber ft. Quavo - Intentions

his next top 5 smash. Atrl lost 
11 Lil Uzi Vert - P2
12 Tones & I - Dance Monkey
13 Maroon 5 - Memories
14 Billie Eilish - everything I wanted
15 Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
18 Demi Lovato - I Love Me
19 Doja Cat - Say So
20 Lil Uzi Vert - That Way
22 Lil Uzi Vert - Homecoming
24 Jhene Aiko ft. H.E.R. - B.S.
25 Lil Uzi Vert - Prices
26 Camila Cabello ft. DaBaby - My Oh My
With 12 songs leaving the top 25 in a week or two this can finally get its top 20 peak.
30 Lady Gaga - Stupid Love
Oh wow

Thanks for the hot 100 list

22 hours ago, ThirdWardBey said:

-25 :dies: serving my Music Wars Empire chart runs 

It dropped more. I thought it was at 26 oh woe maybe they removed fraudulent streams or something

The box is over

23 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

I agree. The Weeknd, Dua, Gaga should all be doing something like this in the coming weeks. This is the time to be super creative with promo. 

This requires back up musicians, lightning people, camera people etc to leave their house and go out on the performance

No ma’am

IG live video q&a’s it is 

2 minutes ago, Treebeard said:

This requires back up musicians, lightning people, camera people etc to leave their house and go out on the performance

No ma’am

IG live video q&a’s it is 

As long as it's less than 10 people it's fine :eli:

For real, that's why I said creative. They can def think of some things to do for promo. Dua and Gaga especially, The Weeknd will be huge regardless

1 hour ago, UNNAMI said:

The box is over

OMG  :ahh: 

This needs to be released

EDIT: I just saw it's top 10 on itunes  :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

I feel like in this streaming era, a song that hasn't even hit a single digit peak yet on Streaming can't be considered huge.

Unless maaybe it's a big #1 in sales but hasn't even cracked T3 there

These qualifications are interesting considering you used to talk about Delicate being huge 

:eek: 

54 minutes ago, iHype. said:

These qualifications are interesting considering you used to talk about Delicate being huge 

:eek: 

delicate isn't huge (and also didn't peak at #2 with its uninspiring streaming) but i'm glad you agree it ought to have been

comparison points:

Calm Down was #3 Streaming, #1 Sales; Me was #2 Streaming, #1 Sales. And most people wouldn't call those amazing smashes, compared to this #10 and #4

Edited by fridayteenage

46 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

comparison points:

Calm Down was #3 Streaming, #1 Sales; Me was #2 Streaming, #1 Sales. And most people wouldn't call those amazing smashes, compared to this #10 and #4

Because they had poor longevity. In the end Don't Start Now will have more longevity with sales and streams than those songs. Not everything is about peaks during the first week.

Yummy also peaked at #2 in streams and #1 in sales the first week but that doesn't mean it's bigger than Don't Start Now.

8 minutes ago, Green said:

Because they had poor longevity. In the end Don't Start Now will have more longevity with sales and streams than those songs. Not everything is about peaks during the first week.

Yummy also peaked at #2 in streams and #1 in sales the first week but that doesn't mean it's bigger than Don't Start Now.

Valid. 
It’s how you finish—-streaming era 

not how you start-digital era

5 hours ago, Little Dark Age said:

you're right, it wouldn't be enough. however with a lot of people at home, an SNL performance would have actually helped tremendously. it was just a case of timing being slightly off. BL will probably be the next #1 and #2 for DSN is amazing either way  

I think it would’ve helped album sales if anything. DSN has been out a while and is peaking, so tremendous H100 growth idk. But yeah.. I’m sure they will implement different promotions for it. They still have a few weeks.

DSN is 93m on pop (peaking), BL is at 64m. He also has way more Rhythmic support and higher streams. Her radio play has her at this position right now. It’s pretty much a given BL will hopscotch over her with his album, so even if it were bad timing she didn’t have a real chance right now.

I’m more than happy with #2, as well! For the longest I didn’t expect this to hit T10 given US trajectories to some global smashes.

They should do what Selena Gomez has done this era and release pop-up music videos. Or do what Halsey did and release remixes. Those are cost-efficient and can be done from a Bedroom.

3 hours ago, nick4bty said:

The Box's points are starting to crash. Assuming BL isn't too strong in the coming weeks, DSN would only probably need about 350 points to go #1. With the album release it'll gain points, and TV promo, especially now, could've helped... TV ratings have been up across the board the last two weeks. And for some reason Dua seems promo sensitive. 

I do think she has a shot at it. They need to try to get her YT streams up, it seems like that's hurting her the most right now.

Well like I said above, BL getting too strong isn’t an assumption anymore. It has way more room to grow on radio. There’s just no plausible way DSN is gaining 90 points in the next 3 weeks, gradually or even to get there and stabilize.

The Box isn’t really crashing either. It’s making its way back to the top of all important streaming services (after the 2 Uzi bombs). Urban radios are not dropping it despite peaking, T40 is #22 w/+500 bullet. And it’s right alongside DSN/BL on iTunes.

It’s almost a chance TB is going nowhere imo :rip: 

7 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

delicate isn't huge (and also didn't peak at #2 with its uninspiring streaming) but i'm glad you agree it ought to have been

comparison points:

that's because those weren't smashes (unlike don't start now). hope this helps

7 hours ago, Green said:

Sometimes people forget the importance of radio on the Hot 100

According to RS in terms of consumption (After 19 weeks -Where DSN is now)

YNTCD - 1,790,000

Don't Start Now - 1,840,000 

Obviously DSN gap will increase but I think that was the point @fridayteenage was trying to make 

12 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

comparison points:

people cared for these singles for two weeks. DSN has been out since November 1st. 

The Box actually feels like a big #1 hit though. Circles was huge on radio but didn't have much of a presence outside. The Box goes OFF at the clubs, is constantly referenced and is actually an anthem for younger people. It's also an actually good song. The opening alone gets everyone hyped.

10 hours ago, NightCrawler said:

I just wish I could understand what bothers you so much about the success of DSN

Because DSN is bigger than any Taylor single since Look :cm:

1 hour ago, Heart.me said:

Because DSN is bigger than any Taylor single since Look :cm:

Taylor has a dream career before releasing reputation though. Don't know what's so bad about one of the future biggest hits of 2020 being bigger than anything she has put out after LWYMMD. 

Actually, DSN is bigger than any Rihanna single since "We Found Love" and she's literally called the singles queen :clown:

21 minutes ago, argos said:

Taylor has a dream career before releasing reputation though. Don't know what's so bad about one of the future biggest hits of 2020 being bigger than anything she has put out after LWYMMD. 

Actually, DSN is bigger than any Rihanna single since "We Found Love" and she's literally called the singles queen :clown:

Tell that to the delulu Taylor stan then. :gaycat4:

Early predictions

1 The Box       358  (=)

2 Don't Start Now       256  (=)

3 Blinding Lights       255  (+1)

4 Life Is Good       245 (-1)  

5 Circles       226  (=)

6 Roxanne       206  (+1)

7 Myron       189  (debut)

8 Adore You       186  (+8)

9 Intentions       183  (+1)

10 Memories       181  (+3)

11 Someone You Loved       181  (+4)

12 Everything I Wanted       180  (+2)

13 Say So       178  (+6)

14 Hot Girl Bummer       176  (+3)

15 Dance Monkey       175  (-3)

16 The Bones       161  (+7)

17 Bean (Kobe)       154  (debut)

18 Heartless       151  (+3)

19 Baby Pluto       148  (-13)

20 My Oh My       147  (+6)

21 Godzilla       142  (+11)

22 Yessirskiii       142 (debut)  

23 P2       134  (-12)

35 Stupid Love 114 (-5)

46 I Love Me 100 (-23)

55 Sweet Night 93 (debut)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.