Billboard Charts (April 9-15, 2017)

alexanderao

On April 9, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Starkboy said:

Starboy - 1,493,000 (528k pure sales est.)
24K Magic - 1,288,000 (792k pure sales est.)

Divide - 928,000 (535k pure sales)

More Life - 866,000 (286k pure sales)

With all the front loading Ed got, I really thought he would easily do 1M pure sales or will be reaching there soon.... But looking at this, seems like I was wrong. 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• GokuRed

• FutureHive

• alexanderao

I am going to say I think SOY will stop at 13 weeks/3 months at #1. That is one week more than Closer and one week less than UF. We will see if I am right.

As for songs that could have beaten the 16 week record, SYA pushed UF down to #2 for 3 weeks, or a total of 17 weeks. Blank Space also kept the surging UF out of #1 for a week, meaning UF had 4 total weeks at #2, or could've had 18 #1 weeks.

We Belong Together lost a week to Carrie Underwood's Inside Your Heaven/Independence Day, and was #2 the week before climbing to #1, losing two weeks (which would make 16 weeks. Closer lost 3 weeks to BB (15 weeks. SOY lost 2 weeks to B&B).

I Will Always Love You was #2 the week after it fell out of #1, meaning besides UF, it was the only song to only fall back just one notch (could've been 15 weeks). So I would need to see how long the other 14 week #1s ranked at #2 before hitting #1.

I Got A Feeling was stuck at #2 for 2 weeks before hitting #1 would've reached 16 weeks). Smooth only had 2 weeks at #2 despite having 5 weeks at #3, meaning at best it could've gotten 14 weeks. Blurred Lines had 2 weeks at #2 after, which could've gotten it to 14 weeks, and Boom Boom Pow had 2 weeks at #1 after 12 weeks on top (but was replaced by IGF instead).

Candle In The Wind 1997 debuted at #1, and fell to #3, so it couldn't have reached 16 weeks. I would need to see where Macarena ranked prior to hitting #1 (it fell to #4). I'll Make Love To You was #2 the week before it hit #1, but it fell to #4 the week after. End Of The Road spent 1 week at #2 after its 13 week #1 stay, but was #4 the week before. The Boy Is Mine jumped 23-1 and fell 1-5, so it wasn't close to breaking the record.

Lose Yourself, which had far and away the least longevity of any 12+week #1, climbed 2-1, but then fell 1-9. SYA was either 2-2 or 2-3 after its 12 week run, but it had jumped 10-1 before hitting #1. Unbreak My Heart spent 11 weeks at #1, and had 18 Top 3 weeks, but I need to see its weeks at #2 prior to and right after gutting #1. I don't think the other 11 week #1s had any chance of staying at #1 for close to OSD's 16 weeks.

I think I covered every 12+ week #1s, and Unbreak My Heart because of its T 3 longevity. Having done so, UF (18 weeks) had the greatest chance to break OSD's 16 weeks at #1, while WBT & IGF could've tied OSD. I need to see if Macarena could've tied it, but not at 0300.

5 hours ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

This is the one I actually love :biblio:

dont even know if u can call that hip hop

Edited by FutureHive

2 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

The album is only a min old. It's still doing over 20k in sales.  It will get to a million. As will 24k Magic. More life and starboy, not so much.

1 million copies are only made if Ed gets another hit single. 

4 hours ago, Seventeen said:

Everytime I hear "it's not a meme it was already getting big" :toofunny2: 

that said, idk this song so maybe this one really isn't a meme ??but that statement made me laugh when ppl said it about black Beatles and bad & boujee 

why did u call it a meme if u havent seen a meme 

Edited by FutureHive

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

A song getting big can still be a meme and make it bigger...

everybody i I know who matched the mannequin challenge just turned off the volume, the music had nothing to do with standing as a statue.

but xo tour llif3 is not a meme

Edited by FutureHive

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

"The music had nothing to do with standing like a statue"

i c,early wasn't talking about xo.

the person i quoted initially was. thought it was u cuz u responded to my question

10 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

I am going to say I think SOY will stop at 13 weeks/3 months at #1. That is one week more than Closer and one week less than UF. We will see if I am right.

As for songs that could have beaten the 16 week record, SYA pushed UF down to #2 for 3 weeks, or a total of 17 weeks. Blank Space also kept the surging UF out of #1 for a week, meaning UF had 4 total weeks at #2, or could've had 18 #1 weeks.

We Belong Together lost a week to Carrie Underwood's Inside Your Heaven/Independence Day, and was #2 the week before climbing to #1, losing two weeks (which would make 16 weeks. Closer lost 3 weeks to BB (15 weeks. SOY lost 2 weeks to B&B).

I Will Always Love You was #2 the week after it fell out of #1, meaning besides UF, it was the only song to only fall back just one notch (could've been 15 weeks). So I would need to see how long the other 14 week #1s ranked at #2 before hitting #1.

I Got A Feeling was stuck at #2 for 2 weeks before hitting #1 would've reached 16 weeks). Smooth only had 2 weeks at #2 despite having 5 weeks at #3, meaning at best it could've gotten 14 weeks. Blurred Lines had 2 weeks at #2 after, which could've gotten it to 14 weeks, and Boom Boom Pow had 2 weeks at #1 after 12 weeks on top (but was replaced by IGF instead).

Candle In The Wind 1997 debuted at #1, and fell to #3, so it couldn't have reached 16 weeks. I would need to see where Macarena ranked prior to hitting #1 (it fell to #4). I'll Make Love To You was #2 the week before it hit #1, but it fell to #4 the week after. End Of The Road spent 1 week at #2 after its 13 week #1 stay, but was #4 the week before. The Boy Is Mine jumped 23-1 and fell 1-5, so it wasn't close to breaking the record.

Lose Yourself, which had far and away the least longevity of any 12+week #1, climbed 2-1, but then fell 1-9. SYA was either 2-2 or 2-3 after its 12 week run, but it had jumped 10-1 before hitting #1. Unbreak My Heart spent 11 weeks at #1, and had 18 Top 3 weeks, but I need to see its weeks at #2 prior to and right after gutting #1. I don't think the other 11 week #1s had any chance of staying at #1 for close to OSD's 16 weeks.

I think I covered every 12+ week #1s, and Unbreak My Heart because of its T 3 longevity. Having done so, UF (18 weeks) had the greatest chance to break OSD's 16 weeks at #1, while WBT & IGF could've tied OSD. I need to see if Macarena could've tied it, but not at 0300.

Unbreak My Heart would have possibly had a lot of it's weeks stolen by No Doubt's "Don't Speak" if it had been allowed to chart. The song was massive on radio at the time.

If Something Just Like This gets a good video I can see it going #1. It's ahead of That's What I Like on iTunes and right behind it on Spotify. I hope both can reach #1 after SOY falls :dancehall:

4 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Unbreak My Heart would have possibly had a lot of it's weeks stolen by No Doubt's "Don't Speak" if it had been allowed to chart. The song was massive on radio at the time.

Unbreak My Heart sold 2.4 M copies. Don't Speak would've gone Top 10, maybe even Top 5 (though that was a stretch in 1996, when single sales were still very strong). It wasn't until 1998 that sales had dropped to levels that would have sent songs like Iris, Are You That Somebody, and Torn into the Top 5.

So Bruno finally get's his #1 in 2 weeks, right?

SOY and TWIL's stream is the same right now (Spotify & YouTube), Bruno with a big lead on itunes and he's coming for Ed on radio too

30 minutes ago, Daydreamin said:

So Bruno finally get's his #1 in 2 weeks, right?

SOY and TWIL's stream is the same right now (Spotify & YouTube), Bruno with a big lead on itunes and he's coming for Ed on radio too

If nothing else overtakes both, then yes. Burno should be #1 in 2 weeks

well I like I like way better than magic.

I see potential in Perfect and Galway Girl.

23 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

well I like I like way better than magic.

I see potential in Perfect and Galway Girl.

Perfect is already set to be 3rd, after COTH. Poor GG. :cries: 

2 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

If nothing else overtakes both, then yes. Burno should be #1 in 2 weeks

I love you :weeps:

17 hours ago, FutureHive said:

why did u call it a meme if u havent seen a meme 

Huh?:confused:

Edited by Seventeen

Ed could really kill it with the singles this era

- SOY

- Castle on the Hill

- Perfect

- Galway Girl

- New Man

Coming for Katy/MJ!

4 minutes ago, lemonade. said:

- SOY

- Castle on the Hill

- Perfect

- Galway Girl

- New Man

Coming for Katy/MJ!

I want Castle to smash. Im said it was way over shadowed by Shape Of You in the states. But it's taking off on radio finally so hopefully it can go top 5 again :duca:

29 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Huh?:confused:

You don't even know the song but called it a meme off the bat.

On 9/4/2017 at 3:21 PM, AlexisNeiers said:

Did Nelly's The Ride even chart? :deadbanana3:

:jonny:

1 hour ago, lemonade. said:

- SOY

- Castle on the Hill

- Perfect

- Galway Girl

- New Man

Coming for Katy/MJ!

He really is. Castle On The Hill is coming on iTunes and radio. Perfect will be huge in the fall/winter. Then Galway Girl will be his fourth US single, especially around St Pattys Day 

6 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

@simmnfierzig new predictions for SOTT after final sales being 167k?

The sales estimate is from Wednesday, so not final :celestial5:

But yeah will post updated predictions later