• FutureHive

• alexanderao

6 minutes ago, mowino said:

Passionfruit is stalling on Spotify. Though I'm not writing it off just yet

Sales and radio are picking up

It's still decreasing on Spotify

On 4/11/2017 at 1:34 AM, Auris said:

B&B fell so fast just like Black Beatles :jonny: 

No the song had an amazing chart run, it was in the top 3 for a very long time and very early on.

Black Beatles chart run is way more weak.

On 4/11/2017 at 5:17 AM, simmnfierzig said:

Early predictions

1 Shape Of You     532  (=)

2 That's What I Like     478 (+1)  

3 Humble     324  (-1)

4 iSpy     319  (=)

5 Sign Of The Times     315  (debut)

6 Something Just Like This     308  (-1)

7 Mask Off     245  (+4)

8 Paris     233  (+1)

9 Rockabye     211 (+1) 

10 XO Tour Lif3     209 (+6) 

11 It Ain't Me     207  (+2)

12 Body Like A Back Road     205  (-6)

13 Stay     205  

14 Issues     204  

15 Tunnel Vision     197  

16 I Feel It Coming     189  

17 Bounce Back     187  

18 Say You Won't Let Go     187 (-1)  

19 Bad And Boujee     186  

20 Closer     182  

56 Now Or Never 87 (debut)

do you have th 20-100 predictions?

3 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

do you have th 20-100 predictions?

Nah

22 minutes ago, E Ó G H A N said:

No the song had an amazing chart run, it was in the top 3 for a very long time and very early on.

Yes, but it still tumbled just as fast once it left the T3

Love both songs they deserved slower falls :weeps: 

29 minutes ago, E Ó G H A N said:

Black Beatles spent 11 weeks in the top 3, while B&B spent 12. Around the same if you're talking about time spent near the top

2 hours ago, alexanderao said:

Black Beatles spent 11 weeks in the top 3, while B&B spent 12. Around the same if you're talking about time spent near the top

"Black Beatles" was definitely bigger in sales + streaming + radio. And deservedly so, "Bad & Boujee" is one of the worst songs ever created...

3 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

"Black Beatles" was definitely bigger in sales + streaming + radio. And deservedly so, "Bad & Boujee" is one of the worst songs ever created...

Which is not that surprising because Rae were bigger than Migos before the two songs blew up. BB definitely had a higher peak, even though it spent a similar amount of time near the top.

I really enjoy both :emofish:

will HUMBLE. have a chance at #1 ablum release week?

2 hours ago, alexanderao said:

Which is not that surprising because Rae were bigger than Migos before the two songs blew up. BB definitely had a higher peak, even though it spent a similar amount of time near the top.

I really enjoy both :emofish:

only recent rap hit that i didnt like at all was

51 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

only recent rap hit that i didnt like at all was

Aw. I like Amine, he has some potential. Redmercedes >

54 minutes ago, 666 said:

will HUMBLE. have a chance at #1 ablum release week?

Wondering the same. What were the official points for it debuting at #2 instead of original predictions? @simmnfierzig 

Just now, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Wondering the same. What were the official points for it debuting at #2 instead of original predictions? @simmnfierzig 

He said it awhile back, but he doesn't know because official airplay numbers were never given.

1 minute ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

SOY 572

Humble 475

I kinda doubt the album release will give it that much of a push

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

He said it awhile back, but he doesn't know because official airplay numbers were never given.

Oh ok. I forgot to read the article this week.

@simmnfierzig thanks! Yeah I wasn't seeing it completely but it'd be cool if it were able to match/surpass first week sales, little more in streams and having some airplay and challenge Ed since he'll be lower by 4/23.

Edited by Rico Shameless v2

1 hour ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Oh ok. I forgot to read the article this week.

@simmnfierzig thanks! Yeah I wasn't seeing it completely but it'd be cool if it were able to match/surpass first week sales, little more in streams and having some airplay and challenge Ed since he'll be lower by 4/23.

Songs almost never surpass its 1st week sales. And "Humble" is way behind on radio when you compare it to "Shape Of You". It won't top the chart the week of the album release.

Edited by DELE2125

Predictions.

(01) Shape of You || iTunes: #3* || Radio: #1 || Spotify: #5 || YouTube: #3 || Pandora: #1 (=) 

(02) That's What I Like || iTunes: #2 || Radio: #2 || Spotify: #7 || YouTube: #2 || Pandora: #9 (+1) 

(03) Something Just Like This || iTunes: #1 || Radio: #7 || Spotify: #8 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #3 (+2) 
(04) HUMBLE. || iTunes: #4 || Radio: #84 || Spotify: #1 || YouTube: #5 || Pandora: N/A (-2) 
(05) iSpy || iTunes: #20 || Radio: #26 || Spotify: #6 || YouTube: #1 || Pandora: #2 (-1) 

(06) Sign of The Times || iTunes: #6 || Radio: #58 || Spotify: #17 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (NEW

(07) Mask Off || iTunes: #15 || Radio: #78 || Spotify: #2 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #20 (+4) 

(08) Paris || iTunes: #17 || Radio: #6 || Spotify: #14 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #6 (+1) 

(09) Rockabye || iTunes: #7 || Radio: #9 || Spotify: #80 || YouTube: #20 || Pandora: #11 (+1)  

(10) XO Tour Llif3 || iTunes: #36 || Radio: N/A || Spotify: #3 || YouTube: #4 || Pandora: N/A (+6) 

(11) It Ain't Me || iTunes: #11 || Radio: #15 || Spotify: #15 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #5 (+2) 

(12) Stay || iTunes: #10 || Radio: #19 || Spotify: #12 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #7 (+2) 

(13) Body Like A Back Road || iTunes: #3 || Radio: #21 || Spotify: #21 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #28 (-7) 

(14) I Feel It Coming || iTunes: #14 || Radio: #3 || Spotify: #44 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (-7)

(15) Issues || iTunes: #5 || Radio: #25 || Spotify: #18 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #10 (+7) 
(16) Tunnel Vision || iTunes: #52 || Radio: #175 || Spotify: #10 || YouTube: #10 || Pandora: #17 (-8) 

(17) Say You Won't Let Go || iTunes: #9 || Radio: #14 || Spotify: #43 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #8 (=)  

(18) Bad and Boujee || iTunes: #69 || Radio: #29 || Spotify: #23 || YouTube: #12 || Pandora: N/A (-6) 

(19) Cold || iTunes: #10* || Radio: #11 || Spotify: #39 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #16 (+9) 

(20) Closer || iTunes: #48 || Radio: #18 || Spotify: #36 || YouTube: #15 || Pandora: N/A (+1) 

Edited by ARTPØP

I hope Harry can debut at #5 :clap3: KING!

1 hour ago, DELE2125 said:

Songs almost never surpass its 1st week sales. And "Humble" is way behind on radio when you compare it to "Shape Of You". It won't top the chart the week of the album release.

There could be enough hype around 'Damn.' that it pushes Humble sales again. A modest combination of both a sales/streams bump puts it back where it was at debut, add on - at the time of the chart - additional airplay.

And obviously while it's true songs rarely surpass their first week sales, it happened three times last year with Work, One Dance and Closer (maybe more but I knew those three for sure). OD would be closest to how Humble could do, it pushed forward 32% digitally & 41% in streams during album week. Though Drake is more of a streaming draw, Kendrick is kind of showing out so far with Humble's streams. (For Work I'm excluding the 1/2 week sales debut - it sold 169k w/the video, higher than the 156k full week a couple weeks prior). And with sales getting lower it will be easier for stronger artists who debut low to re-peak once some promotional effort is done, while the track is still hot.

So yeah, not exactly holding my breath but it's pretty exciting as a chart watcher if Kendrick does punch. :soda: 

1 hour ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

There could be enough hype around 'Damn.' that it pushes Humble sales again. A modest combination of both a sales/streams bump puts it back where it was at debut, add on - at the time of the chart - additional airplay.

And obviously while it's true songs rarely surpass their first week sales, it happened three times last year with Work, One Dance and Closer (maybe more but I knew those three for sure). OD would be closest to how Humble could do, it pushed forward 32% digitally & 41% in streams during album week. Though Drake is more of a streaming draw, Kendrick is kind of showing out so far with Humble's streams. (For Work I'm excluding the 1/2 week sales debut - it sold 169k w/the video, higher than the 156k full week a couple weeks prior). And with sales getting lower it will be easier for stronger artists who debut low to re-peak once some promotional effort is done, while the track is still hot.

So yeah, not exactly holding my breath but it's pretty exciting as a chart watcher if Kendrick does punch. :soda: 

Yes, you're totally right. Although "Work"'s run on HDS was pretty weird, starting for the fact that it was released 1,5 days before the tracking week ended :rip: "One Dance", there you have a case. The thing with "Closer" is that The Chainsmokers weren't an established act by then, "Closer" was the song that solidified it. In the majority of the cases of established artists, their leads never get to surpass its first week sales (see: "Hello", "Roar", "Shake It Off", "Boyfriend", "What Do You Mean?", "Can't Stop The Feeling", etc.) And I believe Kendrick might have peaked in sales in his first week.

On 4/11/2017 at 11:52 AM, Auris said:

"XO Tour Llif3" isn't a viral meme :biblio: The "Uzi Vert challenge" isn't really a thing. The song is getting big 'cause it's a really good song. The song's been #1 on SoundCloud for three weeks now with a HUGE lead on the #2.

Everytime I hear "it's not a meme it was already getting big" :toofunny2: 

that said, idk this song so maybe this one really isn't a meme ??but that statement made me laugh when ppl said it about black Beatles and bad & boujee 

Edited by Seventeen

1 hour ago, DELE2125 said:

Yes, you're totally right. Although "Work"'s run on HDS was pretty weird, starting for the fact that it was released 1,5 days before the tracking week ended :rip: "One Dance", there you have a case. The thing with "Closer" is that The Chainsmokers weren't an established act by then, "Closer" was the song that solidified it. In the majority of the cases of established artists, their leads never get to surpass its first week sales (see: "Hello", "Roar", "Shake It Off", "Boyfriend", "What Do You Mean?", "Can't Stop The Feeling", etc.) And I believe Kendrick might have peaked in sales in his first week.

Yeah, definitely leans towards the lower debuts. Of course those 300-500k++ debuts aren't going to repeak.

36 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Everytime I hear "it's not a meme it was already getting big" :toofunny2: 

that said, idk this song so maybe this one really isn't a meme ??but that statement made me laugh when ppl said it about black Beatles and bad & boujee 

I mean it's true... I'm like really annoyed with every R&B/hip-hop getting pushed off as viral by ATRL. Yea, these songs benefited from Internet exposure but it's obviously not that easy to just get a viral hit and spend multiple weeks atop America's chart. Sales, airplay and on demand streams all likewise came through for them. Think of it as another form of promotion - just one that is actually beneficial, and didn't take much work from the act besides having a song millions enjoyed.

Shape of You back to #1 in the US for Youtube. :clap3: