• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cantaloupe.

• Fenrir

• Rian.

• URBAN

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

Loving these finale entries!! Good luck to all of you.

4 hours ago, LiMe said:

There's one very clear winner.

Here's a clue, they have an A in their username.

BarbaraWalters-Talk.gif

Rian

Urban

Flavs

7IrRCx3.gif

3 minutes ago, Bellerophon said:

Rian

Urban

Flavs

7IrRCx3.gif

bxg1LkU.png

I should've kept Urbese, to make the winner more obvious. 

urban is urbese btw

31 minutes ago, URBAN said:

I should've kept Urbese, to make the winner more obvious. 

Well it's not me that's for sure.

12 minutes ago, Dylan' said:

urban is urbese btw

Urban is skinny and athletic. Urbese is not. 

4 minutes ago, Rian. said:

Well it's not me that's for sure.

Stop doubting your work, it's really good. I mean I think we all know who the winner is lol.

1 hour ago, URBAN said:

Stop doubting your work, it's really good. I mean I think we all know who the winner is lol.

Sis it was rushed. I could have done a lot better.

but thanks : )

Yeah it's kinda clear. But that second spot is reeeaaaly close. 

1 minute ago, Rian. said:

Sis it was rushed. I could have done a lot better.

but thanks : )

Yeah it's kinda clear. But that second spot is reeeaaaly close. 

6HWyMI5.gif

12 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

6HWyMI5.gif

I did bitch

11 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

6HWyMI5.gif

OMG the use of this gif.:ahh:

50 minutes ago, Rian. said:

I did bitch

VdYmQKg.png

:heart2: 

50 minutes ago, URBAN said:

OMG the use of this gif.:ahh:

:-* 

On 4/24/2017 at 9:48 AM, Rian. said:

But that second spot is reeeaaaly close [to first place]

The fact that Rian was kinda right tho. :jonny:

11 minutes ago, LiMe said:

The fact that Rian was kinda right tho. :jonny:

Whale I knew it.

Rihsults will be posted very Soon

PFY1IN9.gif

Spoiler

also .. a LOOK. Giving me Nicki teas.

xYItahF.gif

omg, everyone did such a great job :jonny: 

congrats :heart2: 

also, I find it funny how it was a merch challenge but none of the remaining celebrities are musicians :toofunny2: 

Q4H2SKJ.gif

Scores & Critiques vKdhJYf.png

Rian

Spoiler

Melon

Mug - It's really cute! The pink circle with the floral texture looks really nice and it think it would wrap around an actual mug nicely. The mug image itself should've been left on a background instead of being cut out though, it looks kind of messy. 7/10

Phone case - Not really a fan of the effect, but it is executed nicely. As far as being a case, it's okay. I think using a better template to put the photo on would have been better. Or maybe just submitting a larger image so we can see the beveling more. It kind just looks like a rectangle with rounded edges. Good thing I know what it's meant to be, huh? :gaycat3:  6/10

Shirt - Love this! Though, if you were going to do one Hunger Games related merch item, I think it would've been cute to do the whole entry around that to give it some uniformity. 8/10

Item of your choice - A hat is a nice idea. I don't think I've actually seen a celeb do one? (besides Trump :skull:) But honestly, to me the image is kind of creepy? It isn't bad quality though. The edges of the hat (or the image?) are a bit blurry. 7.5/10

Overall: 7.1

LiMe

Mug - 7/10 - Cute image of Jen, would have been nice if the whole mug had that pink patterning or if the background had a nice border – instead of the faded edges. Also Jen looks quite overexposed.

Phone case - 7/10 - Looks okay to me. Image is a bit flat looking though for a phone case.

Shirt - 6.5/10 - I have no idea how much of this is your work, or if you just cut and pasted an image on Jen onto a shirt – It’s a cool shirt design though. But I agree with Cantaloupe – it would have been nice to see a consistent theme throughout all the merchandise.

Item of your choice - 6.5/10 - Honestly, the image on the hat does not look like Jen at all, looks more like Miranda Kerr to me. I like the grey-scale effect, and the pop-art-esque texture to the hat though.

Overall: 6.8

Fenrir

Mug - 7.5/10 - I like the image you chose. I think it'd make for a cute mug overall. Like Melon said, I wish you didn't cut it out. :rip: 

Phone case - 7/10 - Think the only issue with this is the template you used. It's ok overall. :michael: 

Shirt - 7.5/10 - Even though all you did was slap a Mockingjay poster onto a t-shirt I still like the shirt and it's something I'd buy. 

Item of your choice - 5.5/10 - Is that even JLaw? :thing: Terrible image choice tbh. I wouldn't buy that. 

Overall: 6.9

URBAN

Spoiler

Melon

Mug - Love that you made different colored versions. Both are really cute. I prefer the white one that shows off your work better. 8/10

Phone case - Blurry case template. Weird-ish picture choice. It reminds me of a case a mother would make with a picture of her child. It's still pretty. 7.5/10

Shirt - Really cute, but a bit basic. Is Lupita cut out? If so, it's really good. I looked for the original photo but couldn't find it. I like how the phrase starts on the front and continues on the back. 7.5/10

Item of your choice - Posters! And really nice posters at that. The template is nice as well. The effect on the front one is great. I also really love that you used your magazine cover from earlier in the season. 8.5/10

Overall: 7.9

LiMe

Mug - 9/10 - The cutting out is nicely done, and effects you’ve used are wonderfully subtle and works well. Showcasing the design on various coloured mugs is a nice touch.

Phone case - 7/10 - The edges are very blurry. I also wish the design was more complex, instead of just using an ordinary photo.

Shirt - 7.5/10 - Very simple design, I do like how the text flows with her body, and that it follows onto the back of the shirt. I just wonder if it’s toooo simple? Also the shirt template is so ugly, looks like someone is trying to sell a 10 year old shirt on eBay or something.

Item of your choice - 7.5/10 - It’s nice, but there’s no lighting effect on the first poster to make it feel like this is a photo of 2 posters lying against a wall. Also, again I think it’s too simple, this is the finale – you should have really pushed yourself.

Overall: 7.8

Fenrir

Mug - 10/10 - LOVE the mugs. I'd buy one of each. 

Phone case - 7/10 - Don't like the weird blurry template you used. Not really a fan of the picture at all (for a phone case at least). It's a gorgeous photo but I don't think it works on a phone case. I personally wouldn't buy this and I couldn't see many others buying it either (or buying it and proudly walking around with that on their phone.) 

Shirt - 7.5/10 - I kinda like this but I kinda also hate this? It looks cheap for sure and I think it's the shirt template. I like that you tried to go away from the normal cookie-cutter t-shirt to design on but I think this would've looked better on one. The photo and curved text on the front is an interesting combination and it works pretty well imo. I think the continuation of the quote on the back is quite cute. 

Item of your choice - 8/10 - I really like the posters. Nice template and I love that you gave us a lil entry throwback with your magazine cover in the background. The lack of lighting effect, like LiMe said, kinda detracts from this piece as a whole. 

Overall: 8.1

Flavs

Spoiler

Melon

Mug - Really great quality, and I love how it actually wraps around the mug. I would've liked to see more though. I understand your explanation, but it's the finale, so.. 7.5/10

Phone case - Great template, great photo effect. Wish the text was more visible. Maybe as a real case it would be, but in the photo it kind of gets lost. 8/10

Shirt - Rough cut out on both sides. Really love the design of the front though. The back looks nice too. 8/10

Item(s) of your choice - The bag falls into the same category the mug is in. It could've been a lot better. The book is really great though! It's a finale level entry. In the photo with all of your designs in it, it should've been on a different template. I thought it was a poster at first. 8.5/10

Overall: 8

LiMe

Mug - 6.5/10 - The text wrapping around the mug is executed perfectly, but the mug design itself is very simple. Much like the shirt design, you could have added a view of the other side of the mug with a cute image of your celeb.

Phone case - 8.5/10 - Very nice, I love the warmth you’ve added with the effects. Bottom text is somewhat hard to read though.

Shirt - 8/10 - The cutting out/black edges is quite rough. Design is nice, love the warm colours again and the border with the text. Spacing feels off though, especially with the back of the shirt.

Item(s) of your choice - 8.5/10 - The bag is nice however it lacks the vibrancy that the other designs have. The design of the tour book is amazing though; just wish it was photoshopped onto the cover of a book to reflect that. (If you didn’t submit the bag design this probably would have been a 9.5/10)

Overall: 7.9

Fenrir

Mug - 6.5/10 - I get the simplicity of the mug but I really kinda hate it. :doc: It's just too bland. Adding a pop of color or something would've helped this for me. You wrapped the text around the mug perfectly though. 

Phone case - 8/10 - Cute image choice and nice template. The text kinda gets lost at the bottom though, especially the "World Tour" part. :katie: 

Shirt - 8/10 - The shirt's cutting is pretty rough. LOVE the front design of the shirt. The back of the shirt feels like it needs something more to be complete and match the front of the shirt (though maybe it's just the shirt template that's making it look a little off in my eyes). 

Though I kinda wish you did keep that box design going on the back of the shirt like this. 

Beyonce-The-Formation-World-Tour-2016-To

Item(s) of your choice - 8.5/10 - The tourbook is 100% amazing on its own (would be a 10/10 if you had just done that + used a book cover or something so it wasn't so flat looking) ... but the bag seems quite dull compared to the rest of the designs. If you had incorporated maybe the middle piece design of the tour book or something similar to that I think instead of just a rounded circle image it would've made the bag stand out a lot more, but like the mug it's kinda dull overall. 

Overall: 7.8

Results!

Spoiler

3rd Place

Spoiler

@Rian.  

Final Score = 6.93

You had a nice run this season and it's sad that you couldn't put as much as I'm sure you would've liked to into the finale but school comes first and I'm sure you're ok with this placement all things considering. You did very well, sis. :hug: :heart2: 

Runner-Up & Winner!

Spoiler

This finale was SOOOO CLOSE and the between total scores for the runner-up and winner was only .03.:jonny: 

Either one of you would make a fitting winner for the season and both have been strong competition throughout the entire season. 

Everyone thought that there was only one clear winner but when you broke the entries down into the individual pieces that's when the gap between runner-up and winner got smaller and smaller.   

Runner-Up

Spoiler

@Flavs97

Final Score = 7.90

A frontrunner just about all season. A contestant whose work I always loved to see and I hope you'll be back next season to claim the crown. You did a phenomenal job with the final challenge but it was really that bag that brought you down.

In this case, less would've been more and I wish you would've just submitted the tour book instead of the bag too. :jonny: 

Winner!

Spoiler

@URBAN

Final Score = 7.93

You've had your high points and low points this season but you really turned it around for the finale and turned it out! 

You made some really cute items and your technical skills really helped you out in taking the crown.

giphy.gif

@Cantaloupe. @LiMe @Lawliet @M A R N ✮ @theycallmemaraj @ririfan21 @Hurem @Bad Things @DivaCup @Bellerophon @Sabbath @Alpha  @SaintWest @Desire @BYoncé @Jonathan @Phoenixstar @DevonDreams @Dom @Alesus @moonlight.

RqUM9eP.jpg

:clap3::duca: congrats @URBAN Everybody was great :weeps: 

URBESEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :jonny2: Congrats sis :clap3: 

Great job to everyone who participated this season. This game was challenging AF for me I have to admit because I usually only Photoshop to make gifs and I feel like my graphics skills were pushed to the limit. Thanks @Fenrir for being a wonderful hoest and @LiMe and @Cantaloupe. for judging :heart2: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.