Yikes | 992k Spotify WW | Misses Top 100!

Nip Tuck

2 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

Impressive without any promo on Spotify tbh

She did have promo on the two biggest Hip Hop / Rap playlists.

Rap Caviar (12.6M followers) - #3

Get Turnt (5.8M followers) - #5

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nip Tuck

• iaintiffin

• lauvender

• badgirlriri

2 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

Because literally no other gg has done ever done that :rip: Nicki going #1 on iTunes for a day isn't some huge achievement compared to other rappers

literally grasping at straws, Barbs losing it once again

The last three songs to go #1 on iTunes by solo female rappers were Chun-Li (2018), MEGATRON (2019) & Yikes (2020) lmao

• ATRL Moderator

:fan:

Imagine hopping in a thread to try to drag a rapper 11years into her career over a song that was confirmed as a buzz single that still went #1 on iTunes 

p6sE7ur.gif

this song is a T20 solo hit! 

Just now, Cosmikel said:

this song is a T20 solo hit! 

With these numbers, it’s 100% not going top 20 :rip:

——

:bibliahh: I was told by many Barbz that this would easily outdo Press

Ffff yeah it’s not good but her Spotify numbers have never been impressive tbh. 

Its just a promo single though, I don’t think it’s even getting sent to radio or getting a video so  

2 minutes ago, Pole Position said:

——

“Many” barbz lmaooo this made up lie :skull: . Feel free to post receipts of those numerous barbz saying this. Cause I haven’t seen anyone here mention Cardi. 

2 minutes ago, EriKills said:

“Many” barbz lmaooo this made up lie :skull: . Feel free to post receipts of those numerous barbz saying this. Cause I haven’t seen anyone here mention Cardi. 

@Truffle. 

7 minutes ago, EriKills said:

Ffff yeah it’s not good but her Spotify numbers have never been impressive tbh. 

Its just a promo single though, I don’t think it’s even getting sent to radio or getting a video so  

Here comes the “promo single” excuse :rip: GP doesn’t go about to  listen to the song then say “Wait it’s a promo single, nvm I won’t”... they don’t know what the hell a promo single or regular single is :bibliahh:

Yikes received the exact same amount of playlisting, promo and same release method (no video, no radio at time of drop)... and yet Press, which Barbz have deemed for months to be the biggest bomb of all time, did near DOUBLE Yikes’ Spotify debut :dies:

54 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

The last three songs to go #1 on iTunes by solo female rappers were Chun-Li (2018), MEGATRON (2019) & Yikes (2020) lmao

Welp the longevity of those songs was tragic so I guess being #1 on itunes doesn't mean that much after all  :skull: 

17 minutes ago, Pole Position said:

——

7 minutes ago, Pole Position said:

@Truffle. 

Here comes the “promo single” excuse :rip: GP doesn’t go about to  listen to the song then say “Wait it’s a promo single, nvm I won’t”... they don’t know what the hell a promo single or regular single is :bibliahh:

Yikes received the exact same amount of playlisting, promo and same release method (no video, no radio at time of drop)... and yet Press, which Barbz have deemed for months to be the biggest bomb of all time, did near DOUBLE Yikes’ Spotify debut :dies:

I literally seen no one saying this but okay miss Pole Position :bibliahh:

why would we be talking about Cardi in 2020? Barbz could care less about ha

Edited by britkneepopboi

Just now, Pole Position said:

@Truffle. 

Not “many” Barbz being just *one* barb , :bibliahh: so you were lying x 

the expectations are much different for a promo single than a proper lead single, if you don’t know the difference that’s on you x

(and Press was indeed an underperformance for Cardi after coming off such a successful and huge era, but well now you’re just getting off topic :fan: )

4 minutes ago, britkneepopboi said:

why would we be talking about Cardi in 2020? Barbz could care less about ha

LOOOOL! You’re def the funniest user on this site :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, EriKills said:

the expectations are much different for a promo single than a proper lead single, if you don’t know the difference that’s on you x

Did you not just read my post? Or maybe you can’t (I guess there’s a reason why Nicki tells Barbz to stay in school!). No one in the GP knows the difference in a promo single or lead, so that’s not a valid excuse :bibliahh:

Let’s remove Cardi from the equation, Yikes is still a massive BOMB for a proclaimed GLOBAL QUEEN OF RAP! It only did 300k more than the PCD’s single released on a small ass label :rip:

10 minutes ago, Pole Position said:

Press had been teased for months and I recall most of the Bardi Gang bragging about how much hype there was because of the Instagram views so it's not the same situation at all :rip: Yikes was a last minute thing - literally recorded this week.

Official playlist numbers for Yikes aren't out yet, but Press had a first day Spotify reach of about 60M. Right now Yikes is only on like 3 major Spotify playlists though, so there's no way they have the same promo lmao

31 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

:fan:

It debuted with more than Only The Young so idk if this is supposed to be shade or?

1 minute ago, Pole Position said:

LOOOOL! You’re def the funniest user on this site :bibliahh:

Did you not just read my post? Or maybe you can’t (I guess there’s a reason why Nicki tells Barbz to stay in school!). No one in the GP knows the difference in a promo single or lead, so that’s not a valid excuse :bibliahh:

Let’s remove Cardi from the equation, Yikes is still a massive BOMB for a proclaimed GLOBAL QUEEN OF RAP! It only did 300k more than the PCD’s single released on a small ass label :rip:

The abrasiveness sksksks did I hit a nerve oop :oh:

There is usually wayyyy more teasing and promo leading up to the LEAD singles (Chun Li for instance received dif rollout) than when she releases a promo single (unless you think one snippet on Instagram and a few tweets is proper promo for a LEAD single :bibliahh:),

even blogs report the releases differently (new Nicki song drops vs Nicki lead single drops, ie not as flashy headlines, and they DO make a difference). 

GP may not tell the difference between the songs themselves but promotion for the two are vastly different, because again, there’s different expectations between the two x

It’s so bizarre how she’s doing well on literally every platform except Spotify :deadbanana: lowkey think there’s some kind of sabotage/bad blood going on

QueenofCopyPaste

YIKES!

Yikes! :soda:

12 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

It’s so bizarre how she’s doing well on literally every platform except Spotify :deadbanana: lowkey think there’s some kind of sabotage/bad blood going on

It's been like this since she called them out on Queen Radio :rip: To think she was lowkey a streaming force during TPP era nnn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.