• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexanderao

• Rentboy

• fridayteenage

• iHype.

1 minute ago, Ash12345 said:

But billboard does that. Fans have to choose to buy the album. 

I think it doesn't require an up charge though, which makes no difference than not choosing, since nobody is gonna say they don't want the free MP3 even if they already bought it :skull: 

6 minutes ago, iHype. said:

I think it doesn't require an up charge though, which makes no difference than not choosing, since nobody is gonna say they don't want the free MP3 even if they already bought it :skull: 

I guess that's true. But like the cost is included in the ticket so they are technically paying for it and they have to go redeem it online with the code and all after that so they still have the option of choosing not to get it. But it's definitely flawed, I agree. 

Billboard wrote something about about it last time when everyone was complaining about Madonna getting 160k copies extra coz of the tour bundle. 

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/1098093/editors-note-what-role-did-bundling-and-exclusives-play-in-madonna-and

Edited by Ash12345

50 minutes ago, Superpower said:

Most songs from that EP were released months before the EP was announced. The 2 new tracks were flops featuring irrelevant vocalists. So those 9K aren't indicative of their popularity.

And of course, their fans are more inclined to buy a new album than an EP, kinda like how Drake fans will buy his official album and not his "playlist"

Playlist my ass. That was certainly an album.

I'm listening to this album now. I really think the singer should just stop. If half of these sons were just instrumentals they would be fine. Serioulsy his voice is awful :skull: 

9 hours ago, genderfluid said:

A tour on behalf of the album...is completely unrelated to the album? :skull: 

So, selling copies of Joanne at THE JOANNE TOUR ...is unrelated to Joanne? :skull: 

How do you know that people buying the tickets didn't also want the album that came with their 300 dollar purchase? How is that any different than a free stream from your bed on spotify (for only maybe 30 seconds of the song :skull: )

Yeah but if you go to watch a tour and don't even buy the album then

A) you don't like their MUSIC as much as you appear to/you like their performances/brand/image

B) you pirate all music so you never purchase it anyway

C) you just bandwagon and go because they're popular now and thus you don't care for buying a disposable pop album which you'll forget about in 2 months

D) All of the above

tumblr_mmajwhvmFO1ru0dj5o1_250.gif

1 hour ago, Ash12345 said:

But billboard does that. Fans have to choose to buy the album. 

They don't when it comes to streaming. The songs could be on an unrelated playlist but as long as a certain amount of the tracks are played from an album it can count as a sale.

This is what is really messing up the charts. The ratio of streams to actual sales which haven't died completely. The weighting is off.

On 2017. 04. 11. at 10:43 PM, Violent Youth said:

who's dat in ur avi? :eli:

Gabriel Clark

1 hour ago, GypsyLAMB said:

I hate people my age

How old are you? I need to know what age group to hate lol. 

1 hour ago, ZeeScribe said:

How old are you? I need to know what age group to hate lol. 

221k. Goodness gracious. :jonny3: 

QueenofCopyPaste

The overperformance :jonny:

Numbers don't mean **** :cm: A bad album is a bad album no matter what

49 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

221k. Goodness gracious. :jonny3: 

Actually 222k rounded up :P

WHERE THERE’S SMOKE, THERE’S CHART-TOPPING SUCCESS

Disruptor/Columbia’s The Chainsmokers have gone #1 on the Sales Plus Streaming (SPS) Chart, moving 222k units of their premier full-length, Memories… Do Not Open. 

This week’s second-biggest debut belongs to RCA’s Pentatonix, whose PTX, Vol. IV – Classics sees 54k at #4. Joey Bada$$ ALL-AMERIKKKAN BADA$$ (Cinematic Music Group/Pro Era), meanwhile, rounds out the Top 5, bowing with just south of 48k. 

The only other debut to make this Top 15 is Father John Misty’s Pure Comedy (Sub Pop), which earns approximately 29k. 

The most noteworthy move comes from Blackened’s Metallica, whose Hardwired... To Self-Destruct–up 215%—soars #43-10, powered primarily by more ticket bundle redemptions. 

As for SPS marketshare, SME leads with 39%, UMG is #2 with 35% and WMG follows with 26%. 

By the way, on our Album Sales Chart, Pentatonix is #2 and Metallica is #3. There, three more debuts make the Top 15; they belong to Epitaph’s Falling in Reverse (#9, 19k), Strange Music’s Tech N9ne Collabos (#13, 15k) and New *****graphers (#14, 13k).

Streeting this week is Kendrick, of course. The TDE/Aftermath/Interscope star’s DAMN. looks like it's poised to debut at the top of next week’s chart with a projected number around 450k. Single “HUMBLE” is massive, currently sitting at the top of our Streaming Songs Chart with around 26m streams earned this week. 

Also streeting this week: Columbia’s John Mayer (who should also enjoy a six-figure bow), Atlantic’s Fate of the Furious soundtrack and Bee+El/Sony MasterworksBilly Porter. 

This is usually the place where we’d make some politically charged joke, but ****’s kinda passed the point of humor. May we suggest looking at this video of kittens jumping instead?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.