• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Navyofbadgals

• miguel

• thecptz

• touya kinomoto

4 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

- last place gets eliminated automatically; winner chops another from the bottom 2

This is my vote!

5 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

- last place gets eliminated automatically; winner chops another from the bottom 2

:giraffe:

a. Lorde - Writer In The Dark
Why would you send this knowing Supercut would be sent, like this is literally the worst song on the album... my man.

b. Kesha - Spaceship
A beautiful closer :weeps:

c. SOPHIE - immaterial
Aged and overrated bop

d. Years & Years - Hallelujah
An alberm :jonny5: one of my faves :katie2:

e. Kelela - Take Me Apart
This is excellent R&B, whew the atmosphere :jamming:

f. Christine and The Queens - What's-Her-Face
I never listened to this album but this was nice, just wish it exploded more or went somewhere

g. Janelle Monae - Faster
Yas a bop :katie2:

h. Frank Ocean - Pink + White
Cute.

i. Miguel - Use Me
Inch resting...

j. Kacey Musgraves - Velvet Elvis
Weakest sing on the alberm... my man

k. Tyler, The Creator - I THINK
This reminds me of a 2008 Kanye song... maybe I bopped

L. Janelle Monae - SCREWED
:katie2:

m. Kacey Musgraves - Silver Lining
Beautiful... AOTY winning Queen of Country snapped here

n. FKA Twigs - Fallen Alien
Ehm... no thank yew

o. Lorde - Supercut
Well... yeah that was a classic

p. Troye Sivan - This, This
Cute... glad it's not one of the boring sings from this alberm

tumblr_om2cv8xKhy1v6bs4yo1_250.gifv

TOUYA'S CRITIQUES

a. Lorde - Writer in the Dark

i know supercut was taken but you shouldn't have gone with this. this is the worst in melodrama. while every other track is an 10/10 (some are even 11/10), this is actually a 1/10. it's so bad ugh. i hate her vocal delivery here. she also had some lyrics that are at katy perry-level cringe. i am so sorry.

b. Kesha - Spaceship

this is cute tbh. country pop in the style of those old songs like tie a yellow ribbon. i like it tbh. but isn't kesha suposed to be banned already?

c. SOPHIE - Immaterial

this was 2019 atrl grammys best new artist?!? what did you see in her? this is the first time i am listening to her and omg i think i never wanna hear her again.

question for everyone though. why do you hate troye sivan but you like years & years when troye and olly can be interchanged tbh?

anyhow, i like this. thank god, my ears were cleaned after that sophie travesty.

ooh miss lmk! this is such an interesting choice. i am not sure if i like it yet. i have to rely on my 2nd listen.

this suffers from following another slow song. i got kinda bored halfway through the song. i think this could be a good song but for now, it's not clicking with me. we'll see on 2nd listen but i won't listen to it after kelela's song.

oh her. again. just kidding, i won't get bored of listening to her. i may not stan but i know this bitch puts out quality material. the archandroid is her 2nd best album and this is actually a cute album track. too bad there is another janelle song that is better in play this round. this may still rank high for me though.

blond? okay. at least you picked the right album. as for this track... uhm... yeah... this is...

Spoiler

certainly one of his best hahaha!

i. Miguel - Use Me 

i really do not know what to make of him tbh. sometimes i like him, sometimes i found him a bit grating. and just like him, i really do not know how to feel about this song. i need to rely on my 2nd listen with this too.

i know this was only eligible choice from golden hour but you could've found some other choices from other albums. this is one of the most lackluster tracks from my 2018 AOTY and though i loved it on my first listen of the album, this track aged like milk.

igor? okay werk. this is very fun. i like it.

before i start, isn't janelle supposed to be banned at this point? but yaaaas mama! dirty computer represent. this is the better janelle song and i love it.

uhm yeah, this is not a good category for miss kacey. this is slightly better than velvet elvis, i give you that.

okay pass. not the worst this round but i do not like this ever since.

o. Lorde - Supercut

green light's younger but hotter sister. YAAAAAAAAAAS at whoever sent this. congratulations for snatching the number song this round. this is talentry right here. miss lorde snapped with melodrama and she snapped hardest with this song.

this is not even in the standard version which i believe was the one given the metacritic score. anyhow, this is bland. not bad but bland.

Edited by touya kinomoto

question for everyone though. why do you hate troye sivan but you like years & years when troye and olly can be interchanged tbh?

lmao you spilled

oh hell mf nah [2]

i only came here to say that WITD isn't the best song on Melodrama but it will NEVER be a 1/10

thecptz

59 minutes ago, Clueless said:

oh hell mf nah

then what is? because that's the only track i skip. 

thecptz

27 minutes ago, Sabbath said:

i only came here to say that WITD isn't the best song on Melodrama but it will NEVER be a 1/10

thecptz

oh yeah, i was exaggerating. it's actually a -300/10

thecptz

Edited by touya kinomoto

a. Lorde - Writer in the Dark

WHEWWWW! Amazing song from an amazing album 

b. Kesha - Spaceship

Cute! Sucks you couldn't send Learn to Let Go or Hymn, those would have gotten #1 from me. 

c. SOPHIE - Immaterial

I find there is way too much going on. It feels excessive which I get is the point. But for me it would be perfect with a few elements less. 

A bop! 

Masterpiece! 

Oh I like this 

WHEWWWW! Amazing song from an amazing album [2]

Masterpiece! [2]

i. Miguel - Use Me 

He can use me any day. Mhmm. Anyway, sexy voice and a great song.

WHEWWWW! Amazing song from an amazing album [3]

YAAASSSS!! Im glad someone sent this! This might be my fave song this round! 

WHEWWWW! Amazing song from an amazing album [4]

m. Kacey Musgraves - Silver Lining

Cute. But cute next to gorgeous...

WHEWWWW! Amazing song from an amazing album [5]

o. Lorde - Supercut

WHEWWWW! Amazing song from an amazing album [6]

Good song but a great album!

Yall did really well! There's no horrible songs! This is gonna be tough to rank! 

touya saying WITD is a 1/10 and comparing its lyricism to Katy is a whole ass offense against humanity :weeps:

Bagels' Critiques

Please send your rankings if you haven't yet!!

a. Lorde - Writer In The Dark - I know miss touya didn't just call this a 1/10 when this is easily one of the best songs on Melodrama (along with the other song sent in). This is amazing and actually tries to be something different, because the rest is in reality just ok pop songs, with an occasional perfect song. anyways cute x

b. Kesha - Spaceship - this aged for me :monkey: too country as well. Don't think it's the worst thing here.. but it's not cute

c. SOPHIE - immaterial - this bop and Is It Cold in The Water? are easily the best cuts. This is such a bop :katie2:

d. Years & Years - Hallelujah - he is not the same as troye btw xo, he's easily more interesting. This is an ok pop song, doesn't do a whole lot for me tho :cm: 

e. Kelela - Take Me Apart - ugh this is just so :jonny6: so stunning

f. Christine and The Queens - What's-Her-Face - it's cute but also my least fav on the album :monkey: cute tho so x

g. Janelle Monae - Faster - cute x, I like it, but there's better this round

h. Frank Ocean - Pink + White - one of his best songs :monkey:  when bey comes in, whew, chills :jonny: 

i. Miguel - Use Me - cute but something feels off? idk, it's cute

j. Kacey Musgraves - Velvet Elvis - cute-ish, a bit more on the basic side but I don't hate it

k. Tyler, The Creator - I THINK - top 2 on the album (and it's #2) :mandown:  did kinda age for me a bit, but it's still good

L. Janelle Monae - SCREWED - oh absolutely luv

m. Kacey Musgraves - Silver Lining - this is boring x

n. FKA Twigs - Fallen Alien - I was surprised to see the mixed reception for this one... and then I wasn't.

Further proof of a deep generational chasm that divides ATRL into two camps; the twentysomething pop sophisticates with 15 to 20 years of top-shelf pop consumption to their name, and an unruly kid crew with Scream Queens avatars and tributes to Nick Jonas in their signatures. It's not that the latter generation is a lost cause entirely, but they've clearly never heard a "FKA Twigs" — that is, they've never encountered a voice quite as distinctive as Twigs'. "But I know FKA! Good To Love was the first song I bought!" First off, ask for a refund. And no, you don't know FKA, you know a very stilted and subdued version of the iconic performer.

The FKA Twigs of "Fallen Alien" is FKA as FKA is intended to sound. She very skillfully vacillates between a range of tones; she nasally, then guttural, then grainy, then nasally again, then delicate. (And yes, that's how she's supposed to do it.) She's sultry. She's goofy. She's sounds slightly absurd. She's fully engaged. She's expressive in ways that "technically superior" vocalists just aren't. She is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant she is.

This is the probably purest attempt FKA Twigs has made to harness some of that ineffable charm that made her early work so irresistible. I adore it.

(no but forreal this is amazing and shame on some of y'all)

o. Lorde - Supercut - a perfect and timeless pop song.. Her power.. I fear

p. Troye Sivan - This, This - EIn4e6YXsAAyfk9.jpg

9 hours ago, Clueless said:

oh hell mf nah

this got me mad ngl

a. Lorde - Writer In The Dark

no matter what you think about this song, its not a 1/10 :) every song on the album is the amazing and this is amazing too

urgh queen of vocal. slay me!!! :weeps:

b. Kesha - Spaceship

i cant believe i used to stan this when it was released. now i think its too long and boring :'(

c. SOPHIE - immaterial

whew what a bop!

i was gonna rank this song last because you know i hate them x

but have to say that this is cute so last place cancelled

not my fave from the album :katie:

ok i'm falling asleep

oh whew this is a cute bop :jamming:

this is okay :katie:

i. Miguel - Use Me

omg the chorus is so good :jonny:

YASSSSSS!!!! a stanning today!!! this song is so underrated omg. luv it, talent urgh grammy winner :1stplace:

cute

urgh what a talent!!!

she always has an amazing album opener :smitten: i freaking LOVE her and i freaking LOVE this song

urghhhhh so good.

the talentry

o. Lorde - Supercut

i'll be your quiet afternoon crush

be your violent overnight rush

make you crazy over my touch

tenor.gif?itemid=14857187

cute song, better than i expected tbh

LNtojhK.gif

6 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

this got me mad ngl

same

ready for my elimination, glad I made it this far in a game about sending songs cause I’m typically an early out 

LNtojhK.gif

people are getting outraged at my comment towards WITD. i am living. just so you know though, melodrama remains my AOTD but i just really cannot stand WITD.

but no worries, i will never ever rank lorde last. she is in my sig after all.

Edited by touya kinomoto

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.